If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Hatter: Fighter
    Me: Rogue

That's all that's confirmed so far.
  • Ok yeah, Druid for me. (though, if they really are "overpowered" that worries me XD)
  • I'm thinking either a cleric, ranger or sorcerer.
  • Double post, but I'm going with ranger. Here is one I tried to throw together.Backstory and personality later. Hopefully I did not screw anything up. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, darn, someone's already playing rogue.  And someone else has ranger.

How serious or hammy is this setting?  If we're not taking things too seriously I could try to play a class I'm not used to.

That said, if there's a half-decent pregen set of stats/spells or such I'd be happy to use that.  The length of time it takes to create a character kinda annoys me.  Maybe it's because I've made a bunch of characters, many of which haven't gotten used much.

Alternatively, i can drag a rogue (or the (lone) ranger) that I've already created from another game into this.  I've done that before, once.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's going to be fairly serious. It's basically going to be a survival horror scenario.
  • edited 2011-07-13 19:37:48
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @delta534: Just three things I should point out; otherwise this checks out.

1. Any reason you chose the lightest armor available? You could probably get away with heavier. Even if it's for the sake of keeping your physical skill checks higher, even leather would work better. 12 armor class for a melee fighter is not really advisable. >.>

2. You should fill in your Base Attack Bonus and Base Saves in, since Myth-Weavers doesn't do that for you.

3. You don't have any other possessions listed.
  • Fixed now, thanks.
  • edited 2011-07-13 20:02:24
    No problem.

Oh, wait, one more thing: the attack bonus on your longsword should be +4, shouldn't it? +3 strength +1 Base Attack Bonus.
  • Glaives are better.
    Okay, so we're playing on this Myth-Weavers site?
    No; just using it for sheet storage.
  • edited 2011-07-13 20:13:31
    ^^ We're doing play-by-post here, I think (as in, within a topic, posting like you normally would, except in character); Myth-Weavers was merely recommended to use for character sheets. I don't think anyone will mind if you refer to the one you've already posted.

Ninja'd to a degree.
  • Glaives are better.

Oh. Okay. 

So what's the setting like? Is it generic Greyhawk, or is it some other campaign setting? Where's the adventure starting? 

• edited 2011-07-13 20:18:19
    Going by how INUH has described it, the adventure pretty much entirely takes place within a single building. And the mood is Survival Horror.
  • Glaives are better.
    Huh. That doesn't seem like such a good idea to me, if you're using Dungeons & Dragons.
  • edited 2011-07-13 20:20:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's setting-neutral, pretty much. If we decide to continue after this adventure, we can decide then.

^Its unorthodox, but it works.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    My first attempt at a character sheet.  I probably definitely forgot something and screwed something up, so halp.
    Your base saves for fortitude and reflex should be +2. that's what I've seen so far.
  • Glaives are better.

Here's the problem: D&D characters are fucking hardcore. A high-level Fighter can literally take baths in lava or acid. A Wizard can create fireballs by rolling some bat guano and some sulfur together. Even the lowest level Cleric can heal an arrow wound with a few good words. 

Survival horror is all about emphasizing the vulnerability of the characters. Unless you start throwing monsters at  us that have as high a CR as our hit points, you're not going to accomplish that - and even if you did, it would be more irritating than scary. D&D is about fighting monsters, solving quests and getting mad bling and skillz, not feeling helpless in the face of monsters.

I think that action horror is a better path to go if you're using D&D. That way we can fight zombies and eldritch horrors without betraying the spirit of the game. If you want a "make-your-players-run-and-shit-their-pants" kind of game, something like Call of Cthulhu would be a better system choice.

• edited 2011-07-13 20:28:27
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^Isn't this why this is a shorter level one campaign?

@INUH ; Thanks.  Fixed.
  • Glaives are better.
    That's why I was sure to mention low-level clerics and wizards being able to make fireballs and channel healing energy. 
    @Hatter:You're level one. And I am going to include one powerful, unkillable monster, as mentioned previously.
  • Glaives are better.

Alright. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Where are our characters meeting, by the way?

You'll find out when we start >:-D
  • Glaives are better.
    When?
    I dunno. When everyone's sheets are in, I guess.
    @Forzare: Sorry to make you look bad, INUH, but the bonuses to saves should be for Fortitude and Will, not Fortitude and Reflex. Otherwise, it looks like a decent cleric build, considering there were some low rolls.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Fix'd again.  Thanks.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Also forgot languages, but that should just be Dwarf.
    ^^ No prob.