If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^ Can he be persuaded to give up?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well...sort of. The way to stop him should be pretty obvious.
  • Is he made of fire? Is that why the way to stop him should be obvious? :3

• Has any one signed up for the cleric position yet. I will if no one else has.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    We have a fighter and a rogue completed so far, but I think Forzare was thinking about a cleric. I'd see what he says, or ask him.
  • edited 2011-07-13 13:48:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I think someone was considering it, but having an extra cleric really wouldn't hurt if you want to play one.

Ninja'd.
  • Alright, I'll wait. I was just wondering
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Okay, how many people are signed up, what's the play format, and who's playing what?

I'm interested, but...it depends on the play format and scheduling.
    I'm starting to wonder if we're going to need more than one game going.
    Or maybe I'll just count myself out again, since I've just had no luck with online D&D anyway.
    It's PBP, so time won't be an issue. And it wasnt your post that prompted that; there's been a lot of interest is all.
  • edited 2011-07-13 14:41:57
    Has friends besides tanks now
    It depends on how you're feeling about a game with six or so players and a DM. We're not at eight yet; if it goes beyond that, I might be worried and push for more than one game, but right now, especially for pbp, the number might be manageable. But that depends on if we can hatch any other ideas for managing combat that don't involve having every single person online at once.

Would splitting up be out of the question in this adventure?

Or once this adventure is over, possibly having everyone start separately, or even just running plots with different people, having everyone connected within the same storyline but separate?
    Having two games would mean that Everest gets to try out his level 8 gestalt thing too.

I don't even know the system well enough to try gestalt.  Don't think I've ever played a level 8 character either, for that matter, though that matters less.
    Also, six players is probably the limit of good GM practice, from my own experience.

And that's for meatspace.

I guess having more people means that the adventure is more likely to carry on if people are absent or drop out, but it also means that you need more scheduling issues.

And don't think that PBP means no scheduling issues.  There will still be people's uptimes and downtimes.
  • edited 2011-07-13 14:43:51
    Well, level 6, but if it makes you feel any better, my party only made it to level 8 before consistently getting demolished by stuff that should have been appropriately challenging.

Gestalt isn't too hard to manage; it's really about finding a combination that lets you use classes that balance each other out and keeping MAD down.

^ As for that, I'm not sure how well this adventure could hold up if not everyone is on at once, but for what I would run, not everyone necessarily has to do everything at the same time.
  • edited 2011-07-13 14:45:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Splitting up in this scenario is possible, but might not be a good idea.

Lets just wait for everyone who's interested to say so and get ourselves a headcount so we can decide from there.
    Oh, by the way, getting a lot of players and then splitting them up into two groups is a REALLY bad idea.

Ask funnyguts for more details.
    No need; I've been in campaigns like that.
  • edited 2011-07-13 14:58:54
    ^^ That was a real-time game, though. And yes, making one group sit there during the time allotted to everyone is a bad idea in a real-time game (as you will recall, I was a player in that game). But in pbp, there would be no ultra-strict schedule, or at least, there wouldn't have to be, so I would simply focus on whoever posted most recently that I haven't attended to.
    I guess you could slightly-warp time and use Schrodinger's Gun to make stuff happen to delay of coordinate whatever between two groups.
    Ehhh...that might be difficult with this particular scenario.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Is there any way to rubberband if there aren't enough players but everyone wants to play? Like, story detours where the characters explore a small dungeon, then on a day where everyone is present they continue with the main story?
  • edited 2011-07-13 15:20:59
    Not with this adventure INUH's running, I don't think (well, maybe, I don't know; I just haven't gotten the impression that it's something that can be done with so many changes to the structure), but a longer campaign could have that, as a possibility.
    Yeah, that's normally doable, but this adventure doesn't exactly allow for exiting the building.
    Oh, so this is a small-scale one-shot campaign?

Also, we actually COULD have a setup where different people can play the same character, whoever's convenient can play.
    I'd be fine with it remaining a oneshot or becoming a campaign afterwards.
  • Is Druid a good class? :3
  • Glaives are better.
    Counterclock, this is 3.5. All the caster classes are overpowered. And clerics and druids are called CoDzillas for a reason.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Considering what you were going for, you can't possibly go wrong with Druid.
    What classes are people playing so far?