If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• How Do I write it up then -_-
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Gimme a sec and I'll write up a full tutorial, for both melee and magic-oriented players.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Go to this site. This is a dice roller.

Where it says 'd6', there should be a text box with a 1 in it. Change this '1' to a '4'.

Roll this 6 times. You should get something like:

These are your stats. You rolled what is called a '4d6b3'. That is, you rolled 4 d6's, and you keep the best 3.

So, those stats are:

13, 10, 8, 15, 9, 9.

Decide your class. For this example, I'm rolling a Fighter.

Go to this site for details.

Choose your race.

You have a hit die. For 1st level, your DM will generally let you take the full amount. So, Example the 1st Level Fighter has 10HP, with 1d10 Hit Die.

Choose where your stats need to go. As a Fighter, Strength and Constitution are most important, so 13 and 15 respectively. A CON modifier (that is, for every 2 points above 10) increases your HP, too. So, with a CON of 15, Exaple has a total of 12 HP.

Dexterity is always important for initiative, so he gets 10. INT and WIS can have 9 each, and CHA can go for 8.

Base Attack Bonuses are listed further down. Add these in at the MELEE and RANGED sections. Example has +1 at 1st level.

Add in your Saving throws. Example has +2 Fort at 1st level.

Here's where the tricky stuff comes in.

Further down the page, you have a list of Feats and Abilities.

As a Human Fighter, Example has 3 feats- 2 regular feats and a Bonus Feat. Choose from this list.

Example gets Power Attack, Cleave, and Weapon Focus (Longsword). Add your feats in.

As a Fighter, Example gets (2 + Int modifier) ×4. So this is 4, plus 2 for being Human. Add in your Skill Points. Fighter gets +1 to Listen, Spot, Gather Information, Intimidate, Jump, as Swim.

Starting Gold is found here. 6d4x10 = 130, so we have 130 gold to spend on weapons and armour.

Example buys a longsword (15GP, requiring the Martial Weapon proficiency all Fighters have), a Heavy Wooden Shield (7GP, requiring the Shield proficiency), and a Scale Mail (50GP, requiring the Medium Armour Proficiency).

Fill this out in the Weapons and Armour section.

This leaves him with 58GP, so he heads off to the General Store. He doesn't need anything, but others might. He pockets the Gold.

You start off knowing one language. Your Race might give you another, as might your INT modifier. He just knows Common.

So, to recount:

Stats

Feats

Skills

Weapons and Armours

General Items

Languages
    Resulting in this.
  • edited 2011-07-13 01:05:27
    Belief
    Very informative, Is it alright if I ask questions when they arise?
    Yes, feel free.
  • Also, I see where I went wrong, in that I'm not gonna see the sheet to work on till I sign up XD
    Yes, that's right >_>
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Can....

Maid Outfit = Cloth Armor?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Forget D&D, play Maid RPG.
  • @Vorpy: Not all clothing is cloth armor.

And I'm interested in this, if there are any slots open still.
  • ^^^, ^^, ^, Just join the game already! :D
    I would, but timezones.
  • "I would, but [Excuse]."

Yeah, I hear you.

>:T
  • edited 2011-07-13 07:30:54
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @Vorpy, @BlackHumor: If you want in, that makes seven players and a DM. That would be fine in a pbp, I think. If it were a real-time game, that would worry me, but we're doing this differently from the Jammies game.

And as for Maid Outfit = Cloth Armor, we could say that the Courtier's Outfit is close enough to maid clothes that you could do that, Vorpy.

@MadassAlex: That's a bitch, huh?
    That is indeed a bitch.

I would relish an opportunity to be a troublesome munchkin with you guys.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    @INUH: In this adventure, what are the odds that I could make use of a grappling hook? >:3
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Nonexistent. You won't step outside once for the duration of it.
    I has work, addicting hobbies and a bad timezone (Mountain Time).
    Timezone doesn't really matter in play-by-post.
    :3
  • edited 2011-07-13 10:33:07
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^^ Oh, so no architectural features within the place we're going that would allow it? Just checking, because I sort of wanted to get up to some grappling hook shenanigans at some point. No big deal. Less weight to carry, at least.

^^^ Okay, then.

^^ Also that.

^ I don't know how to interpret that.

Lastly, here's Killian Paltreth. I'll work on his backstory and personality later.
    I guess it wouldn't be impossible to make use of it, but you'd have to be pretty creative.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    . . . Good sir, I take that as a challenge.
    So, if it's post by post I can probably do this (except during 2-9 on certain days) so...I has questions:

* What is the general theme/overtheme on this game? Grimdark? Ominousness? Mystery? Horror? Testosterone Action? Killfest? Hardcore mode? Swaying Speeches? Kill My Monster? Use Your Wits? Luck will Kill You?

* 4e, or 3.5e?
    ** If 3.5e I need help with character stuff...maybe.

* Random rolls to decide stats or arrays?

* What levels are we playing at?
    3.5, level 1, I think everyone so far has been rolling.

As for the feel: survival horror.
    survival horror.

GODDAMNIT ;_;
    If you need help writing insanity-defying atrophying monste-

-remembers this isn't 4e-

...I can um...play I guess.
  • edited 2011-07-13 11:02:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^What, did you miss the bit where I said that the primary antagonist can't be defeated in combat?
    >:-D