If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    funnyguts: What's your OS?  Get gedit for Linux or Metapad for Windows.
  • Glaives are better.

I'm asking the person who came up with the setting.

My character's backstory is that he joined up with the army and went off to war overseas, then went native for a while before betraying his general, getting put in prison and then busted out. His experiences during the war awakened his bloodlust, and now the only thing he truly takes pleasure in is death and pain.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    For the campaign I'm running? It's completely setting-neutral at the moment, so there really shouldn't be any problems canon-wise.
  • edited 2011-07-16 16:28:14
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being closest to one option, and 10 being closest to another option, what would you rate this possible DM Campaign...

Humorous - Serious
    Anachronic - Medieval
    Lighthearted - Dramatic
    Open-ended - Rigid

oh and

Merciful - Cruel
  • 鸡巴 out of 10.
  • Glaives are better.

Human Fighter. He's urbane, polite and generally likable, but he just happens to get off on torture, dismemberment and murder.

He's Dexter meets Marlon Brando.

Um...okay, the thread has reached the point that I can no longer tell who's talking about what campaign.
  • Glaives are better.
    There's more than one campaign?
    And I think Everest was considering running something, but I think that's going to be after mine. Probably.

I think we might need more than one thread if we want to be able to follow all this.
  • Glaives are better.
    Okay, which is the one that's all about HIGH ADVENTURE and killing things and taking their stuff? Because that's the kind I'm interested in.
  • edited 2011-07-16 21:37:56
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "And I think Everest was considering running something, but I think that's going to be after mine. Probably."

And it's a higher-level campaign, and gestalt, and one where I expect people to be fairly good at optimizing.

Or that's the one I would ultimately like to run at some point. But if I run a relatively-normal campaign, it'll probably be on the absurd, comedic, but kinda cruel side. Although the previously-mentioned campaign would be fairly cruel in some ways or others.

Basically, if you enjoy that I have a sick sense of humor and a predilection for running aggravating NPCs (it's pretty good for tension, though; just ask Cygan), you might like my DMing style. I mean, this didn't reflect so much in my Jammies game, but you never know.

TL;DR: I'm the sort of DM who, if you make it to a fight, will not hesitate to throw a random dead body on the ground to aggravate the "save everyone, even those who don't need help" type of player I usually play with.

And if some part of that doesn't mesh with anyone, I can adjust my style.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Basically, if you enjoy that I have a sick sense of humor and a predilection for running aggravating NPCs (it's pretty good for tension, though; just ask Cygan),

I still hate that goddamned Shifter. But it did cause a lot of tension between Seren and Lyra. It was fun.
    Seren's interactions with...well, pretty much every evil character ever were awesome.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ That sounds pretty entertaining to me.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Seren's interactions with...well, pretty much every evil character ever were awesome.

Seren was fun to play.
  • edited 2011-07-16 21:56:32
    I still love Esprit, myself. Though it was fun playing the shifter, because a troll of that ilk would probably only have that great of an impact when life and death situations are at hand, or . . . well, I'll be honest, I pretty much found it hilarious to troll Seren. Especially since it was so easy. >.>

Though I realize that Cygan was aware of that flaw of Seren's. It made for great entertainment for everyone, and things were usually tense.
  • Does anyone ever run Tournament games?

Where the plot is based mainly on a tournament, with more beefe role-playing segments inbetween fights. I would join on of those, but I'm just asking if people ever do that.
  • Glaives are better.
    Alright, hands up if you're DMing a game where the primary goal is to kill and loot shit, with roleplaying in between.
    Does anyone ever run Tournament games?

Where the plot is based mainly on a tournament, with more beefe role-playing segments inbetween fights. I would join on of those, but I'm just asking if people ever do that.

I've seen it done.

Though I realize that Cygan was aware of that flaw of Seren's. It made for great entertainment for everyone, and things were usually tense.

Hehehe, yeah. It did make sense.
  • edited 2011-07-16 22:05:34
    "Does anyone ever run Tournament games?

Where the plot is based mainly on a tournament, with more beefe role-playing segments inbetween fights. I would join on of those, but I'm just asking if people ever do that."

I've considered doing it, if only for a single adventure or a brief plot point, but I've never actually done it. I might conceivably run that as an arc, though. But not a whole campaign.

"Alright, hands up if you're DMing a game where the primary goal is to kill and loot shit, with roleplaying in between."

That's pretty much what I do with my meatspace group. The Jammies game had much more roleplaying than I'm used to, but it worked because of how much more socially competent I am when behind a computer screen.

"Hehehe, yeah. It did make sense."

See, exactly. :3 If you didn't like me trolling your character, I would have stopped with a word, and if a similar situation is troublesome for anyone (that's not an ever-present aspect of the campaign's tone), even if unintentional, I can try to refrain.
  • Glaives are better.
    Alright, Everest, I'm your manchild then. Who's in your group?
  • edited 2011-07-16 22:08:59
    Fuck if I know. Aside from INUH's game, we haven't really decided who's playing which game after that.

And I haven't really started on my setting. Though I could scrounge up some stuff from the game I'm running in real life.
    I still wish I could run my game, but my timezone is so different from everyone else :(
  • Glaives are better.
    You can use the setting I designed.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I could probably just come up with what's needed for the first few levels quickly, and then use the time at my disposal to build the rest of the world. Shouldn't be too hard.

Though if you feel that any of your setting's features would synthesize well with mine, once I have an idea, I would be very grateful if you let me borrow them.

But ultimately (and this is part of why I don't run published modules), I feel that a person's setting is their setting, and it would feel weird running someone else's.
  • Glaives are better.

I guess you wouldn't want my setting then. It's fairly... radical.

Although it does involve knights who ride on velociraptors, flying cities full of Yiddish space cats, and cannibalistic elves inspired by the Cthulhu Mythos, so whatever.

• edited 2011-07-16 22:31:52
    Dude, I love radical campaign settings.

"Although it does involve knights who ride on velociraptors,"

Dude. I made minotaur knights who ride either triceratopses, yrthaks, or dragon turtles, depending on which area of the town they defend. What a coincidence, huh?

"flying cities full of Yiddish space cats"

Well, I don't have that, but I played a catgirl character. :D And had mountain lions who fought with cartwheels (inspired by my players thinking the pounce mechanic was nonsensical from a fluff standpoint, never mind that that's pretty much how big cats actually fight; one of them jokingly said that a cartwheel attack, in which the mountain lion rolls and attacks with hind legs first, then front, then bite, was more logical). 

They also fought Donkey Kong. Well, to be specific, the monk/rogue pretty much got into a boxing match with DK while my catgirl sniped at him from afar. DK won the brawl, but was weakened enough that I could finish him.

"and cannibalistic elves inspired by the Cthulhu Mythos, so whatever."

Hm. Nope, don't have anything like that.

We seem to think much alike.

But one thing I basically did was turn the Stunning Fist, fluff-wise, from some blah blah special monk concentration blah blah special powers blah, to taking a cheap shot (like punching someone's kidney or breaking their nose or something). And my catgirl was a warlock who exploded a female monk enemy's underwear in a fight in an attempt to stun her (in other words, Baleful Utterance refluffed to an especially forceful cunt punt). Didn't work, and the monk just got more pissed. That was pretty funny. Before people say I'm a perv, it was another player's idea, but I thought it was just funny enough to work get laughs.

So yeah. >_>
  • Glaives are better.
    The sad part: I never get to use this setting. My group can never get together. It's been six months and we're still on the first dungeon.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Eesh. And I thought it was bad that the Jammies group took two months to level up (no offense, guys).