If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    For this adventure, level one, as INUH said in his post above yours. If we continue after that adventure, that will depend entirely on what the group as a whole wants to do, whether that be continue with the characters made from that or shift to a different continuity.
  • Glaives are better.
    Who's playing and what are their characters?
  • We're just starting right now, Quite literally right now >_>
  • Glaives are better.
    Shitfuckery.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:28:29
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ So far, it would seem that we have you, me, Counterclock, Forzare, and delta534 as players and INUH as the DM.

As for classes, I think we should all post what we would like to do before anyone gets set on anything. I, personally, would like to play a rogue, but failing that, maybe sorcerer or ranger.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'd like to be a Mage, so I can royally fuck shit up later, but I'm not sure I like how useless I'd be in the beginning.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Wizard/Sorceror/Cleric/Druid?
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:32:58
    ^^ Well, I don't know if we're going to continue with those same characters anyway -- we should later vote on what to do after this possible-standalone -- so if we don't use the same continuity, we might start at a higher level (or at least, I'd like to), at which point you don't have to worry as much about being useless.
  • Glaives are better.
    Fighter, maybe branching out to Rogue later on so I can become an Assassin.
    That brings me to another good question: how seriously are we going to play alignment?
  • When will this be, because I'm trying to help get a minecraft server running.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:43:09
    ^ It will be probably as soon as everyone's made their characters, so I figure it won't happen for a few days.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Oh, a couple more things. A party without at least one cleric in this adventure is simply fucked.

Also, if your character dies, the premise will be impossible to replace them before the end of the scenario.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:46:32
    Glaives are better.

I'll be playing a psychopath who glories in death. It'll be fairly similar to a Neutral character, but he'll just feel the urge to murder things and will get a rush from doing so. In the interests of party cohesion, though, he'll start to view his own actions with quiet revulsion if people prod at him enough, and in the meantime he won't kill any non-enemies.

Also, I'm writing his backstory assuming that we're playing in Forgotten Realms, but I can swap "Maztica" with "the lands across the sea" if necessary.

Edit: INUH, if need be we can just use Wands of Cure Light Wounds for now.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm not overly familiar with FR, but this is pretty setting-neutral.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:48:09
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I wouldn't mind playing a cleric, maybe.

^^ Wouldn't wanton murder fall under chaotic evil?
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:51:04
    Glaives are better.

Alrighty then. I'll be posting my character shortly.

EDIT: He doesn't murder people wantonly. He just gets a rush from committing violence. And he's neither pro-organization or anti-organization - so long as he can inflict pain on things, he's happy. So I'm counting him as Neutral Evil.

• edited 2011-07-12 23:51:49
    Seeing as this idea has only been presented today, I think I'll roll my character up in the morning/afternoon of tomorrow later today, which also gives me more time to finalize his personality.
  • Oh, Character ideas! ^_^
  • Glaives are better.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm not sure what I want to play yet. Maybe a cleric. Maybe some kind of archer. I dunno.
  • I be willing to play either a fighter,cleric or whatever the party needs. Just give me a day to finalize my character.
  • Glaives are better.
    I actually lowered my INT and CHA. It seemed overpowered.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Go here to write it up.
    Hm. Since it looks like there's a good chance we'll continue with the characters from this adventure, I don't know if I'm so keen on being a rogue anymore. But what would I be then? Probably a sorcerer or ranger, still, actually.
    I actually lowered my INT and CHA. It seemed overpowered.

YOU FOOL
    Hm. Since it looks like there's a good chance we'll continue with the characters from this adventure, I don't know if I'm so keen on being a rogue anymore. But what would I be then? Probably a sorcerer or ranger, still, actually.

spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief spellthief 
  • edited 2011-07-13 00:00:16
    Glaives are better.

Alright, I'll fix it then. Hmph.

At least it will keep my options open.

EDIT: So now my INT and CHA are back to 15 and 16, respectively. I just wanted you to know that, so when Sareth becomes a Blackguard or Sorcerer you'll know to blame Cyggles here.

• edited 2011-07-13 00:03:31
    I was thinking mostly from looking at core, which would make things easier for me. If we're gonna delve into other books, I'll be a swordsage.

Although if I take INUH's place as the DM anyway (or co-DM, whichever), I don't want to also run a PC, especially one that might be stronger than or equal to someone else's.

. . . Rogue it is.

^ Goddamn those are some fine rolls.
    I was thinking mostly from looking at core, which would make things easier for me. If we're gonna delve into other books, I'll be a swordsage.

Spellthieves are underpowered, but properly utilized will fuck a mage over- perfect for a DMPC; doesn't steal the spotlight, but if a mage threatens the party too much, WHAM.