If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• I'm willing to play anything right now so, where is this unofficial Pokemon tabletop rpg located. I still want to play the campaign INUH has set up if everything else comes together. CounterClock get in here with your character 
  • edited 2011-07-21 00:23:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Damn, where was that...gimme a minute to use my google-fu.

• I'm willing to play in any game or run a game. I'm flexible.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Will these all be hosted here, or where?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Actually, since we have so many people interested, would it be possible to try to think about who'd like to play with what other players?

I hope there's a way to talk openly about what types of play styles people prefer, and thus infer who would have more fun playing with whom.  Without being a drama spawn, that is.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh cripes there's another page of posts.

I think that PBPs will be hosted in threads here.

Maybe I have to make a new category for that.
  • edited 2011-07-21 14:08:02
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @Hatter: I think I have a fairly good idea for what to play if we play your campaign, but first I have to ask a few questions:

*Which books are allowed? Is it just core (I doubt it, but the question's worth asking)? If not, are any books (or even just certain features out of certain books) prohibited?
    *I'm guessing you also wouldn't mind evil PCs, considering you wanted to play one for INUH's game? Out of the people who've volunteered to be GM for things, you'd probably be the least likely to be a stickler when it comes to alignment, and the character I was making is strictly evil.
  • I never really thought about my playstyle. I probably would be flexible depending on the setting with a munchkin leaning, based on what I normally do with video game rpg's. 
  • edited 2011-07-21 14:11:42
    I'm tending, especially nowadays, towards optimization, unless I'm running a DMPC, in which case I try to be important without stealing the spotlight (in the one I'm going to run in meatspace soon, I'm playing a box of bandages cleric who's an awesome healer, but rather poor in a fight).

I like high-damage characters, but not necessarily casters. But I can be flexible, and am aware of the tier system, so if a group is being made in a certain way, I'll make it a point to fit in.
  • Glaives are better.

1. Since we'd be using a rules-lite open source system, really, anything goes. And if there's something from 3.5 that you want to import, I'll see about how to incorporate it into BFRPG. They're practically the same system, anyway. I'd prefer it if you stuck to Elves, Half-Elves, Dwarves, Humans and Halflings for now, though.

2. Evil PCs are fine. Cartoonish villainy - raping puppies and the like - isn't. If you're going to be evil, I'd prefer it if it were in a sneaky, practical way, like convincing the good guys to run ahead and get slaughtered so that you can loot their stuff. Or like Ashley Williams from Army of Darkness; a heroic asshole. So long as it doesn't get in the way of other peoples' roleplaying experience, it's fine.

• edited 2011-07-21 14:33:12

1. Oh, yeah. BFRPG. Not sure about that one. The build I have in mind uses a couple of different sources (come to think of it, I was going to also have to ask if it were okay if I could use a Prestige Class from the Book of Vile Darkness, assuming we got to that high of a level, but that's usually a DM book).

2. Wasn't planning on being a cartoonish villain; merely a brutal, merciless combatant who fights for what he thinks is in his best interests, but within reason. He would also lack the tact necessary to coerce his fellows into following his plans most of the time, but he's not stupid enough to pick a fight with an ally knowing that the wrath of the rest of the group might also come down on him.

• Glaives are better.

1. I have no 3.X books anymore, except for my PHB, so I wouldn't know. If you send me the relevant data in pdf form, I'll let you know. I'm pretty permissive when it comes to builds, so as long as you aren't making oblivion arrows or peasant railguns I think you'll be fine.

2. That sounds great. A little like Jayne Cobb.

Also, I think I'll be setting this campaign in my "Chain of Worlds" setting, rather than my Warhammer-meets-Albion setting that I've been using for my 4e campaign. It's just that I've established that templars and clerics in the latter setting are all psychics, and that wouldn't really work for a BFRPG game.

• edited 2011-07-23 22:38:37
    IJBM (unrelated to any of the games here): Building epic-level characters takes fucking forever! I signed on for a level 26 Evil game over at Giant in the Playground, and even building a melee character takes a while, on account of dealing with rules for magic items and ordering feats so they work and shit.

And then there's my cohort, who'd actually going to be a caster . . .
  • are we talking 3.5 or 4e?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    We be talking 3.5.
  • :o cool. is there still table space for one more chair? I'd like to get in on this.
  • edited 2011-07-24 15:46:20
    Updated list of people interested in playing:

*Everest (With as many players as there might be, I should just stick to DMing that one campaign)
    *Counterclock
    *Forzare
    *delta534
    *INUH
    *Hatter
    *Vorpy
    *BlackHumor
    *glennmagusharvey
    *funnyguts (Not sure if he was interested in actually being a player, instead of DMing, though).
    *TheConductor
    *Wicked223
    *Dynamod

And once I'm done tinkering with my epic campaign character, I'll update Killian. For realsies, this time. >_>
  • I'm still here damn it.
  • edited 2011-07-24 15:16:40
    Right...so...of those, I believe the following have posted sheets:

*Everest
    *Forzare
    *Hatter
    *Delta534

...was there someone else?
  • a few questions:

what is the starting level?

are any races/classes prohibited? or is it a "I'll look at it when done" scenario?

are there any gentlemen agreements currently in effect?

how will we be roleplaying? what programs will we be using to connect to one another?

when do we start? is there a projected date, or is it still in the wetworks?

• edited 2011-07-24 15:20:05
    For my campaign:

Level 1.

Anything core goes. Ask me otherwise.

Um...not quite sure what you mean?

Play-by-post.

My starting scenario needs a minimum of five players. I can start anytime after I have enough.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    How do I character sheet?
  • go here http://www.myth-weavers.com/ , sign up and create sheet there.
  • edited 2011-07-24 15:21:40
    ^^If you make an account on this site, they'll host sheets for you. Actual play will be on IJBM, though.

Ninja'd.
  • edited 2011-07-24 17:10:14
    "I'm still here damn it."

Sorry. I remember you posting after the last time I posted the roster now. I just forgot to change some details on the roster. >_>

EDIT: I think I'll also redo Killian entirely, rolls and everything, and save the other sheet for another time. Would that be okay?
  • my character sheet for Aladur, the Dwarven Cleric.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=315555

Special request: Ive decided not to have faith in any particular dieties. not that my character doesn't believe they exist, more so that he believes they don't deserve it. Especially Moradin. This is the major reason He's banished from dwarven society at large (provided his reputation follows him)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Sure, no problem.

^That's fine. I'm going for something setting-neutral.

He needs to have some relatives for the plot to make sense, but they don't necessarily need to be on good terms with him, in contact with him or even living for it to be justifiable, so you don't really need to talk about that.

Anyway...once Everest's done redoing Killian, we might be able to start. Counterclock hasn't posted a sheet yet, but her character could be in one of the other level 1 campaigns, I suppose.
  • who is everyone already? I'm curious to know if all the bases are covered.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I'm making mine on Myth Weavers.

Never made a 3.5 character ever, and I don't remember what to do again.
  • edited 2011-07-24 19:52:36
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ My character is a Dwarf Cleric too :<