If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• Where the fuck do you find a group at all?

• Glaives are better.
    Classmates.
  • edited 2011-07-16 22:48:13
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @Chagen: General question to everyone? In my case, my friends and I wanted stuff to do for hangouts and eventually I got the idea to try running D&D. Haven't looked back since.

Then another group, made up of family friends, invited me.

Then Zersk gave me the idea to run the Jammies game after I bitched about my meatspace group a bit.

Then another friend told me how ironic it was that, in spite of all the times he poked fun at me for playing D&D, was in a group with his parents, and he figured it would be okay if I joined.

And then I was in two more games on TVTropes because I signed up.

Not sure about Hatter's case, though, but if it's a group that can't progress, it's better off dissolved, and the setting reserved for another time.

Also, correction of an above post; I have, in fact, run a tournament-style battle before. Eight-on-eight, my PCs against various monster groups that were holding the tournament within a town utterly incapable of defending itself from so many of them. Didn't last very long, though; we lost early and decided to pull a Time Skip and go to Epic tier (this was 4e).
  • Glaives are better.
    If we used something like BFRPG, I could run my campaign for you guys, PBP style.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I should write out the setting I've been working on.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What's BFRPG?
  • Glaives are better.

Basic Fantasy Roleplaying Game.

It's 3.5, but retro and rules-lite. And it's completely free.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I believe we're still waiting on Counterclock.

After that, I have an idea for what to do, if I DM for a group, but I'll have to adjust it depending on what level the group wants to start at.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I think Counterclock was mostly done creating a character, but hasn't posted a sheet.
  • Glaives are better.

I'd like to start at level 1.

• Glaives are better.
    Now I remember. I came up with a pretty good concept campaign setting that was inspired by Labyrinth, Army of Darkness, The Thing and the Elder Scrolls. It's generic enough and vague enough that I think it could work, especially for a horror-themed game.
  • I'd like to play DnD with you guys...I can even use my fancy, expensive character generator to build you all character sheets.
  • Glaives are better.
    I already posted a link to a good character generator.
  • edited 2011-07-20 22:51:12
    ^^ Cool. Hopefully INUH can accommodate an extra player. If not, we can give you a heads-up when a different campaign starts.

That reminds me, I was gonna change Killian from Elf to Halfling.
    I can probably manage six characters.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    If I run a game, four to six sounds good as well.

So, what, INUH game: Six

/                               \

funnyguts: Four-Six                                                                                          Everest: Four-Six
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    *borrowed a set of edition 3.5 books and would like to actually use them*
  • edited 2011-07-20 23:23:02
    So, let's see . . . people who've expressed interest in playing and might be able to follow through:

*Everest
    *Counterclock
    *Forzare
    *delta534 (Haven't heard from him in a while, though)
    *INUH
    *Hatter
    *Vorpy
    *BlackHumor
    *glennmagusharvey
    *CaptainFargle Left over irreconcilable differences with this site's policy and his views.
    *funnyguts (Not sure if he was interested in actually being a player, instead of DMing, though).
    *TheConductor
    *Wicked223

Looks like we're gonna have to do a role call soon. That's 12, 11 of whom were expressing interest in playing.

That's too many for INUH's campaign, but about enough to stretch the limits of what funnyguts and I run.
  • I'm still here, just been waiting on news.
  • Glaives are better.

If I did a campaign, I could take some of your players off your back, if you're uncomfortable with the number of people playing. I'd need a bit of prep time - it being story driven, after all - but I think I could do it, if anyone's interested in a campaign inspired by 80's metal and artwork.

In any case, DMing or not, I think I'd like to be in Everest's campaign.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm still here/interested.
  • Glaives are better.
    Interested in velociraptor knights and Yiddish space cat people, perhaps..?
  • "I can probably manage six characters."

How exactly does a DM's workload increase as the number of players increases?
  • edited 2011-07-20 23:51:55
    @Hatter: So . . . since you didn't seem to think survival horror in D&D was the best idea anyway, wanna run your game alongside INUH's, and then funny and I can run ours, while at the same time leaving yours open to keep going, and possibly INUH's, who knows?

^ Fights take longer, assuming an adequate balance of monsters to threaten a group of six equally as a group of four. And experience and treasure might become more complicated. In some ways, it's easier, in others harder.
    @Chagen:Combat gets more drawn-out, and you have to balance the encounters to fit them.

Also, the scenario I have in mind simply doesn't make since above a certain number of players.
  • Glaives are better.
    Whatever. I'm perfectly happy to be a DM or a player. Or both.
  • I'd join a Maid RPG game if it was PBP. 

Though I don't actually have a copy of the game itself...
  • Then... download it and read it?
    If someone wanted to run the unofficial Pokemon tabletop RPG, I'd totally play. Cygan tried to run a PBP awhile back, but it fell apart before it got out the door.
  • "unofficial Pokemon tabletop RPG"

OH GOD

THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE GREATEST IDEA EVER