If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• oh no! what are your domains?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    FYI, having two clerics for this adventure is not a bad thing. At all.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Can I be a cleric too then? :D
  • Glaives are better.

> You will never be as powerful as a cleric, druid, sorcerer or wizard at higher levels

;_;

• > Sorcerers are on par with wizards
  • Glaives are better.
    Same spell list. Same game-breaking exploits and loopholes.
  • edited 2011-07-24 20:26:14
    Has friends besides tanks now
    -tries rolling differently for the new character-

-13, 6, 13, 12, 13, 15-

Fuck that, I'll just reuse the other Killian sheet's stats and just make some tiny adjustments.

^

Except sorcerers are less versatile, which is why wizards are ranked one tier higher than sorcerers on a commonly-acknowledged tier list. Both are equally as capable of breaking the game, but wizards have more options.

Although it is still often held that they, clerics, and druids are indisputably more powerful than any other core class.
  • Glaives are better.
    Put 6 in Wisdom and you'll be Mr. Magoo the Druid.
  • thus why I used the "implying" meme.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Oh. I suppose I forgot to make that distinction, since I usually don't see green text with the ">" and those posts aren't generally "implying".

I'll just redirect my post to Hatter, since that would make the most sense.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

Are these stats okay?
  • Glaives are better.
    Pretty good, yeah.
    Can't go wrong with two 18's.
  • I'd join. But fuck rolling for stats, a point-based system is much better in my opinion.

For being so open-ended and customizable, the whole stat-rolling aspect of D'n'D makes no sense.
  • Life is but the whim of random chance Chagen.

or something deep and philosophical like that XD
  • Glaives are better.
    Counterclock, where is your character sheet?
  • edited 2011-07-24 20:43:27
    What Counterclock said, sort of; using stat-rolling represents the aspect of dealing with what life has given you and making use of it. I guess. In fact, in my experience, people who roll for stats generally have higher scores than those who use an equivalent point-buy.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The way D&D calculates "average" stats actually means you're better off rolling about 75% of the time.
  • maybe I should build a second character for INUH's campaign, in case a specific role isnt fulfilled.

by the way, no one ever said who all in in the campaign so far, class-wise.

Hatter: Fighter
    Me: Rogue
    Forzare: Cleric
    delta534: Ranger
    Counterclock: Druid
    Dynamod: Cleric
    Vorpy: Cleric(?)
  • Ranger here.
     Well, I created some sort of backstory for my character.
    Born of a high class family in a far away city-state which was ruled by a king with a lawful outsider as a guide. He grew up in the town until he was 13. He was forced to leave town because he accidentally broke the law trying to help someone. What happened was a merchant dropped something and he picked it up to give it to the merchant, but a guard saw this. This was treated as stealing under the city-state's law because he took something that was not his even if the intention was to give it back. He was exiled for life and had to leave. His parents were distressed and pleaded for forgiveness but were unsuccessful. He was exiled and ran to the nearby forest for a place to live for a while. There he learned the ways of the ranger and how to care for himself. Eventually leaving the forest at the age of 17 he started to wander the world looking out only for himself caring not for laws and customs, calling him only home the forest. He does still miss his family a bit but has come to terms with the fact that he will never see them again.
    Here is my character sheet for reference
  • edited 2011-07-24 21:18:47
    Here's my updated one, as well (plus I have his backstory, small though it may be, typed up).

As one can tell from my sheet, I'm gonna kinda suck at fighting, which is fine for a rogue, as I was just gonna be the group's premier skillmonkey.

EDIT: Fixed his skills around just a bit more. Now I should be done.
  • why the hell do you not have a crossbow?
    o_o;

Good question. I forgot how much more damaging a crossbow is than a dagger.

But at the same time, don't you only get to fire 1 bolt before you have to reload?

Well, a light crossbow would be manageable in that regard.

I think my original rationale was that it would be more weight to carry, more gold down the drain, and more of a pain to fight with if someone cornered me. And my ammo is limited, whereas I can simply recollect all my daggers at the end of a fight.
  • edited 2011-07-24 21:31:34
    Tech support
    Nevermind.
  • Well, its something to consider, plus ya know, rapid reload feat.

• edited 2011-07-24 21:51:51
    Well, I used the one feat I do get at this level on Improved Initiative, and if we get to level 3, where I could take it again, I might have better choices.

Forgot about that feat, though.

Though I suppose, if we got that many levels, I could dip into Fighter.

EDIT: In the end, I think I'll go without; combat aptitude isn't so important to me that I would put that much thought into it, at least for this character, and I'm not sure if you're allowed to carry more than 10 bolts at a time anyway, and I don't want to have to decide when's the best time to hit for 3 (or 5, with heavy crossbow) extra damage.
  • ive been thinking of drumming up another character. something Gnome-ish. possibly of an arcane bent.

thoughts? good idea or bad idea? just thinking about party dynamics here.

• edited 2011-07-24 21:57:50
    Well, we don't have any arcane casters yet, but at this level it might not make a huge difference. Party dynamic shouldn't be a problem, though, regardless of which character to use.

I would say keep it as a backup character in case Alandur dies. In fact, if you leave Andalur in, that leaves roleplaying opportunities when dealing with Forzare's cleric whose name I cannot recall at the moment Khorgan.
  • Think about yourself? :3