If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Riddle of Steel

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ah, right, I need to buy stuff too...

• No rainbow star
    Sorry for not checking in for a while. I keep forgetting this exists
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

So what all still needs doing before we can start?

We need to finalise a time slot and location, plus a little general discussion.

what would you recommend, Alex? How much of the essentials?

You already being with maille, some leathers, a pot helmet, dagger, sword and halberd. You could spend your money on a bow or gun plus ammo if you liked. Apart from that, it's your own call. I'll be giving you opportunities to buy and find things reasonably often, and I'd like to see you guys solve problems in creative ways.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

We need to finalise a time slot and location, plus a little general discussion.

Fire away

WELP.

Let's first get time out of the way. What timezones to we all belong to? It'd be best if we could all relate it to one standard timezone, so could you guys find your timezones in relation to Greenwich standard for me?

I believe there's a TVT roleplaying chatroom that's never used, as mentioned previously, so that shouldn't be an issue.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I... am in your timezone, AEST, GMT+10/11.

And yes, #yackfest-rp is fine.

GMT-6 here. And I'm okay with #yackfest-rp.

• Has friends besides tanks now

GMT -5. And I'm also okay with #yackfest-rp.

Alright, now I just want to hear back from Ica.

Given the differences in timezone, probably best to do this on a weekend. If I did it at 9am on a Sunday morning, for instance, that would make it 5pm Saturday evening for INUH. If that's the biggest difference in timezone we're going to deal with, it'll probably work.

That would likely work.

Also, I suggest you guys go to the TRoS website and get the combat simulator from the downloads section. There's a few things missing and a couple of minor bugs, but it's a great tool for learning the system and learning what works. If you like, you can punch in the attributes and proficiencies of your character or just use a default. In any case, try it out and you'll see how it all works.

9am on a Sunday morning

> expecting me to get up at 9AM Sunday

I kid, I kid. 9AM Sunday would work for me.

• edited 2012-01-14 02:19:58
    No rainbow star

My timezone is -7 gmt

It is 1:19 AM right now

And I really should get to finalizing my character D: All I have are those proficiencies things. No stats or anything

Yes.

• No rainbow star

First thing is to go through this thread and find that link to the rules again. Then ask tons of questions as I almost definitely confused when reading the character creation rules. Then finally have something made

> 4chan
    > /rs/
    > Riddle of Steel

Should be amongst the first results, if not the first result itself.

• No rainbow star

I found the link to the torrent in the thread

Just need to wait for it to download

• edited 2012-01-14 02:28:37
    No rainbow star

About 20 minutes before I can start to figure out the character stuff =/

EDIT: Then it jumped to 46 minutes >.<

EDIT 2: Then an hour 30... Frikken torrent

• edited 2012-01-14 15:35:57
    Has friends besides tanks now

>figuring out items
    >dealing with conversion rates
    >down to the quarter bits and everything
    >buy longbow and 200 arrows (by the way, what are the prices for guns? I didn't find them in the weapons section)
    >13,720 quarter bits
    >mentally convert back to gold (14.292)
    >check the math
    >got the math right (or close enough; I was off at the decimal), fuck yeah

Anyway, I'm not really sure what else to buy, except maybe some hunting dogs and that gun, if I know the price. 

Hmmm...can't really think of anything to buy right now. I'll just stick with the default stuff for the moment, I think.

I bought those hunting dogs. Three, to be exact. Why not?

Guns are in the Flower of Battle supplement. It's good to have if you want a bigger list of weapons with updates on existing weapons, but in terms of rules, I'm going off the assumption that everyone here is using the core rules only. So when I use things from the Flower of Battle, I'll explain everything as clearly as possible.

Eh. I'll hold off on the gun for now.

Also, your dogs will require names.

• edited 2012-01-14 15:59:09
    Has friends besides tanks now

Fair enough (and of course I would forget a detail like that). Although come to think of it, my actual character needs a name anyway.

EDIT: Names and stuff.

Character: Elejas Lemet

Dogs: Fletcher, Horsehair, and Poplar.

• edited 2012-01-15 20:49:30
    No rainbow star
    Don't wait for me

My laptop got a huge crack in it. I can't read anything well enough

Should I remove my harddrive? I've heard stories where they wipe the drive even if it is a physical problem

Edit: I'm not dropping out. I'll just... I don't know, be some guy who joins along the road?

Well, I managed to get hold of a laptop, so I'm nabbing that torrent now.

• No rainbow star
    I won't have my laptop for at least another week

Also, I looked over Of Beasts and Men, many of the things in there are awesome

now goodnight

The Flower of Battle is the really awesome supplement, if you ask me.