If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Riddle of Steel

18910111214»

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

Yeah. Why can't it be all Power Attacks and backflips? :P

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Welp, you guys have your lists of techniques you can use. 

Here's a trick you can do. If you're unhappy with the current state of things for whatever reason, a full evasion has a low TN (4) and resets the combat apart from damage already dealt, which means we do the stance and initiative thing again. 

7 for 7, 5.

6 for 5, 4. 

Everest scores a hit! That's a level 3 wound to INUH's head. He loses a part of his ear (I rolled for this and it was awesome), suffering 2 pain and 7 shock. That means he's at -2 CP for the rest of the combat, but at -7 CP right now (no stacking). 

Which means he's currently at 0 CP, will be at -2 CP at the beginning of the next round and Everest now has a free attack with his remaining dice. What do you do, Everest?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Oh, dear.

Welp, that definitely worked.

I'mma sink the rest of my CP into another cut at his head.

Welp, that was a flunk. No successes. :B

New round. Everest has initiative with 11 dice with INUH at 9 dice. Wat do, gentlemen? 

Cut, 7, head. Why not?

I feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole.

> implying axework is anything but whack-a-mole <_<

INUH? 

• No rainbow star
    Note to self: Cover self from head to toe with armour. Very, very heavy armour

^^ Good thing I'm playing an archer!

Ah, sorry, vanished there >.>

Block, six.

7 for 7. None!

6 for 5. Three!

Now it's INUH's 3 attack dice against Everest's 4 defense. 

Cut, 3, head. Again.

• edited 2012-02-13 19:05:38
    Has friends besides tanks now

Block, 4.

None!

Oh, fuck off, RNG! >:[

• edited 2012-02-13 19:14:22
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

3 for 6, and it's a 1.

4 for 5, and it's a 0.

Level 2 wound to Everest's head! That's 3 pain -- Everest is now at -3 to his CP for the rest of the combat -- and a shock value of 7, which is subtracted from his CP next round (again, no stacking). 

A blow to the upper head can also cause someone to fall unconscious. I'm rolling Everest's knockout dice (5) against a TN of 7. If he fails to make any rolls, he's unconscious for 3 rounds. Aw shit. 

... and he barely makes it, rolling one 8.

New round. INUH's at 9 dice, and has the initiative. Everest has 1 dice to defend with.  

He only has one to defend with?

Well, then...Cut, 9, head.

._.

Block, 1.

• edited 2012-02-13 19:23:44
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

INUH hits with 3, to no successful defenses from Everest. 

It's a level 4 wound, and Everest's jaw is shattered. That's -8 CP total pain, so Everest only has 3 CP in future rounds. Furthermore, that's -10 immediate CP for shock -- Everest won't have any CP for 4 rounds, more or less! Holy Christ, INUH, FINISH HIM!

• edited 2012-02-13 19:25:15

._.

fuck yourself, random number god

I think this was just me getting a victory because my character in the actual game...isn't likely to be getting many.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Obviously the answer is to have another sim.

Throw INUH's character against mine and see who wins gogogo

I went ahead and rolled another batch of dice for you, INUH.

Five successes to a cut to the head! Wound level 5, which is a deep cleaving blow into the brain. Everest is way fucked up, but you're still missing part of your ear -- a pretty grim reminder of the nature of combat. 

• edited 2012-02-13 19:26:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ninja'd.

Wow...cool system.

• No rainbow star
    I just realized:

I'm the tank, aren't I?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I could be, as well.

So, could we, like, set a date for the first game or something? This is probably the fourth time I've bumped this thread, but it's still annoying to see us get onto a subject, be that subject final character details or combat demonstration, and then have the thread die, with no talk of actually starting this thing.

I know what you mean, but I'm currently grappling with some of the most bizarre sleeping patterns I've ever had. The timeslot (early Sunday morning for Cygan and I, Saturday evening for everyone else) is a bit unreliable as a result, and it's kind of the timeslot for community stuff here. 

Sorry for the delays and everything, but I wouldn't want to be "yep, let's do this" and then I not show up to the session, you know? 

• edited 2012-02-18 13:57:01

That's fine. As long as there's at least an established, legitimate reason for delaying the game; that still counts as "talk of actually starting this thing".

Besides, it's your game. Just be sure to let us know when things'll work out.