If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• Then consider what you can end up doing to her. I mean, what with the Thieve's Guild, the Dark brotherhood, all that jazz...

Bethesda doesn't really take things like that into account. Even if they did, there'd probably some Oath that they swear preventing them from simply walking out.

How did you kill Lydia

She's like

immortal

She can survive being shouted off of a cliff for heaven's sake! Deathlords are nothing to her! She juts gets back up and keeps fighting and its almosthoisdfjrhoweirhhhhhfisrelutyhi4rwehow

• When characters like Lydia or the other housecarls/followers are badly hurt, they go into that sort of critical state where they crouch and recover. If they're attacked further while in that state, they can die, which is why shouting her off a mountain won't kill her, unless she's really unlucky and ends up in a sabre cat's lap to make an easy meal of her.

• They're not immune to being killed immediately after they get up though. I lost Lydia to a Deathlord once because he whacked her again after she stood up and her health wasn't high enough to survive the blow so she was killed instantly =/

• Yeah, that can sometimes happen. XD

• Happens rarely. I remember went I went into Lost Valkyyg I couldn't beat the Deathlord there and shouted him down that big pit and ended up running outside, where I found another Deathlord that could 1HKO me. When I finally shouted him to his death 10 minutes later I went back inside and Lydia was still fighting the Deathlord in there.

I sent her home shortly after because holy hell girl I want Alduin to stand a chance!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

How did you kill Lydia

I slit her throat.

No, seriously.

Anyway, I reloaded. Lydia was still alive, so fuck yeah. I went through and cleared the dungeon; there was this one bandit who kept giving me trouble, a Bandit Marauder (he could three-shot me, I really need better armour, srsly), but eventually I killed the other two bandits and managed to remain hidden, so I slit his throat too.

I cleared the entire dungeon. In the last room, I found a Dwarven Bow, fuck yeah, which I have since improved to a Fine Dwarven Bow, which does 22 base damage, allowing me to replace my Superior Ancient Nord Bow.

I proceeded to sell all that junk at Whiterun, which netted me a nice profit of nearly 2k gold, leaving me with ~2500 gold, and I forgot to sell potions.

I then went exploring some more, and found another bandit camp, Silent Moons Camp or something. This time, nobody spotted me, even the dude who ran right into me (he just attempted to run past me) who I promptly killed. I found some Elven Armour in here, and a Lunar War Axe. I haven't sold this junk yet, though.

When we went exploring just outside the camp, we were attacked by a Cave Bear. We promptly ran the fuck away.

Now we're back in Whiterun, and I'm gonna sell most of this stuff. I should end up with ~3k gold, or ~4k if I remember to sell potions.

• Bandit Marauder (he could three-shot me, I really need better armour, srsly)

They could four-shot me in good Heavy Armour. Those guys are overpowered.

Now go and fight a Hut Bear.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Also there is a hut near that bandit camp.

I guess I need to add Smithing to my list of things I wanna increase. What's the type of Light Armour with the highest Defence ratings?

• It needs to be by a river!

I believe Dragonscale Armour is the best, but make sure you go along the left side of the Smithing Tree (right side is Heavy Armour). I think you can only have a maximum of five hundred-something actual defence (the number goes higher, but above a certain number it doesn't register since, at max, you can only absorb 80% of damage) so be wary of it. You might be able to save yourself a perk point.

• edited 2012-02-03 04:49:57

^^^^ I think that's what I love about Skyrim. No matter what level you are, any and everyone can have incredible entertaining and unique stories to tell about their adventures.

The armor working best for me is my Nightingale Armor. At Legendary if you wear the full set the armor rating is like 460-480 or something because it comes with an inherent bonus too counted after Light Armor perkage.

And lemme just say I jizzed in my pants when I found that they made armor fashioned after Nocturnal, ahmygawd. Nocturnal is my favorite~~~ of the daedric princesses.

• Most of my stories end with "and then I shouted him off of a cliff." =/

I believe Dragonscale Armour is the best,

Awesome. Left side, got it.

Also, I contracted Rockjoint some time ago, I think way back before I got to High Hrothgar. Is this a bad thing :V

• Not particularly, but it can cause a few minor negative impacts to stats (Rockjoint, IIRC, reduces mainly stamina). Just hit up a Shrine belonging to one of the Nine Divines and it'll fix you right up.

• edited 2012-02-03 04:54:36
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Not particularly, but it can cause a few minor negative impacts to stats (Rockjoint, IIRC, reduces mainly stamina).

Effects

• -25% Melee damage.

• Everyone you talk to saying you look sick or do not look well.

;-; so that is why i am so sucky with all my daggers

• Yeah fix that shit. At least it's easier to fix now than it was in Oblivion; good /god/ that was a pain. Also, be very watchful of your status if you go and fight Vampires, as it's annoyingly easy for them to infect you with Vampirism (seriously, how goes setting you on fire transfer the disease?).

I need a new dagger too, maaaan

My steel dagger just isn't cutting it.

• edited 2012-02-03 05:01:31

How's your One-Handed, and what overall level are you? Steel lasted me until around 15, I think, but my One-Handed was going up at least three times each level.

Uh, I'm not sure. Give me a few minutes to load up Skyrim and I'll check.

• I think Bonebreak Fever is the one that reduces stamina.

And fffffff IMO everyone calling you sick is the worst of all. Or that fricken lady at Arcadia's Cauldron who always thinks you have Ataxia, she makes me paranoid and double-checking even though I'm a werewolf.

I have a One-Handed of 25.

• ^That's probably why. You might want to work on that a bit.

^^ Speaking of Werewolves, it was annoying when I cured my Lycanthropy and I still got the "is that...fur? Coming out of your ears?" comments and I was just sitting there wondering "what the heck is going on?".

That's probably why. You might want to work on that a bit.

But it takes so long and I always die ;-;

• The more you die now the less you'll die later. You might consider looking into a trainer, or searching for some skill books. Alternatively, go and grab a sword; you'll do more damage and face less death.

Also, have you made use of that Elf fellow in Riverwood who you can use to train your archery up for free if he's your companion yet?

• @Legionnaire: Ohhh, you cured yours? XD

I remember trying to be a vampire on one file. Got sick of jumping out of my skin at the scary sound effect whenever you step outside into sunlight and everyone complaining about the "bad hunger in your eyes".

• Reminds me of Prequel.

You’d love to check out that rich, bloody scent that popped up all of a sudden…

… but you’re busy playing a game called “don’t leave the tree’s shadow”. You love this game, so much that you’re gonna keep playing until nightfall. The rules say you’re not allowed to leave the tree’s shadow unless you’ve recently drank something red, such as red herring juice… or even blood. And since you don’t see any red herring juice around here, you guess you’ve got to drink some blood.

Also, have you made use of that Elf fellow in Riverwood who you can use to train your archery up for free if he's your companion yet?

How do you think I got Archery to 49 ;-;

Where can I find a One-Handed trainer then?

• Companions. One of the other new recruits trains Blade. If you complete the Companions questline, I think you can even do the same thing as with that Elf Guy.

Also, the third-person animation for running with a sword in one hand has changed. Looks kinda weird.

• Amren and Athris are both in Whiterun and teach One-Handed. The former is the Redguard dude walking around town and the latter is in the Companions.

I think that master trainer is at some Orc fort or something though.

• Took the liberty of screencapping my Dovahkiin. Level 7, with the ability to level up to 11 if I so wished.

FUCK YOUR BANDWITHS :D

• edited 2012-02-03 07:15:46
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, Lydia and I went exploring again. We located a camp- but le gasp, before we could launch our assault upon the camp, we were assaulted by a sabre cat! We were confident that we could take it, but the noise of our fight soon attracted the attention of a cave bear. Faced with such a fierce foe, we turned and ran in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately, the opposite direction turned out to be the middle of the bandit camp we had been preparing to attack. For several perilous moments, I was attempting to fend off a bandit wielding a large axe, two bandits shooting arrows at me, a bandit shooting electricity at me, a sabre cat, and a cave bear, all at once.

I managed to slay the bandit with the axe and the bandit shooting electricity at me, but by this time, I was low on health. I proceeded to use my newly obtained shout, Whirlwind Sprint, and get out of there. I ran for some distance, and noticed that the bear had not yet followed me. I turned and fought the sabre cat that had followed me. By the time I had killed this beast and restored my health, the bear had caught up with me.

I decided to stand my ground and fight this bear- and surprisingly, it was easier than I thought; apparently, Lydia had managed to whittle its' health down by half. I killed it and looted its' pelt. Turning to the Sabre Cat, I looted its' pelt- and, for some strange reason, an amethyst.

I proceeded to Fast Travel back to the camp, upon which time I was relieved to find Lydia still alive. We walked cautiously into the Bandit Camp- and found the two archers dead already; I had found the cause of the bear's delay, apparently.

I looted all the armour and weapons I could, including a Staff of Sparks from the bandit who had been using it on me, and proceeded to tell Lydia to stay there and walk into the bandit fortress.

Upon entering, I noticed a pickaxe on the barrel. I walked down the passageway, and slit the throat of the bandit on guard. I located an Iron Ore deposit, and began to mine. (At this time, I decided this would be a good time to go make a cup of tea.)

When I returned, I found my character idling. So, imagine my surprise when I attempted to run forwards and found myself overencumbered. Opening my inventory, I was shocked to discover that 91 Iron Ore, 6 Garnets and several Amethysts had managed to find their way in there.

I shrugged and searched the bandit I had killed earlier. She had a Key to the Mine on her; I did not take it, because I like raising my Lockpicking skill. I took her armour, no longer concerned with my encumbrance limit, searched around and mined the rest of the ore standing around (sadly, each other ore deposit only gave me two or three ores apiece, although I found several other gems as well). I also located two Mammoth Tusks.

I headed further into the mine. I attempted to stealthily make my way down, but this was fruitless, as they heard me when I reached the bottom. Panicking, unable to run, and taking a fair amount of damage from the Bandit Chief, I reacted the way I usually do; I set fire to everything around me.

Apparently, mammoth blood is flammable. Who knew?

Somehow, I set nearly the entire cave floor alight, which killed the Orc bandit wielding a greatsword, the bandit who had been shooting electricity at me, and whittled the Bandit Chief down to approximately one health, at which point I attacked him with my dagger.

Free, I began my search for loot. I located another half dozen or so mammoth tusks, and many more deposits of iron ore, each still only giving me 2 or 3 apiece. I proceeded to climb the raised balcony at the other end of the cave. Here, I discovered a Spell Tome of Transmutation, which allows me to turn Iron Ore to Silver, and Silver Ore to Gold. There was also a chest, containing several hundred gold, some steel weapons, a Spell Tome of Magelight, and a Ring of Smithing, which gives me a 12% bonus to Smithing (When added to my Bracers of Smithing, which give me a 15% bonus to Smithing, this is quite good).

I proceeded to crawl my way up the other side of the cave. There, I found a dead deer and, for some reason, a dead High Elf, with several Coin Purses scattered around. I am not sure why, but every moment I moved in this area, I took damage.

I left, and proceeded to crawl my way out of the mine, my encumbrance limit at 557/330. I proceeded to try and fob off all my armour onto Lydia, only to discover she could only hold two Fur Armours.

We proceeded to walk our way back to Whiterun, just daring anything to attack us. When we were in Whiterun, I spent the next forever transmuting 30 Iron Ore into Gold Bars. At this point, I lost patience and just started turning all my Iron Ore into Iron bars. I ended up with something ridiculous like 150 Iron Bars. I crawled my way over to both of the blacksmiths and bought 100 Leather, then crawled over to the Forge and made 100 Iron Daggers, and turned 50 of them into Superior Iron Daggers. My Smithing is now 57.

I crawled back inside the shop when this was done, and sold all my Gold Bars and Iron Daggers, along with all of our loots. We ran up to Dragonsreach and Disenchanted all the magical weapons we had accumulated.

We seem to have several thousand more Gold worth of Mammoth Tusks, gems and assorted potions, which I have no idea where to sell. I also have 5500 Gold.