If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• Pretty sure Ulfric shouted the King to the ground and killed him with his sword, not shouted him apart with his voice.

• edited 2012-02-03 00:45:36
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Apparently, he used it like we use it: knock the fucker down then stab him while he gets up.

Ninja'd

• Apparently, he used it like we use it:

Speak for yourself.

• edited 2012-02-03 00:49:07

Apparently, he used it like we use it: knock the fucker down then stab him while he gets up.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Restoration

You can cheese level that by using Equilibrium to turn your health into mana, then using healing spells to heal yourself.

^How else do you use Fus Ro Dah? Besides knocking dudes off mountains.

• I need to up my magicka a little, though not too much. 200 and restoration is all I'll focus on, really. I forget, is 200 enough to let me do the Master quests from the College?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You can cheese level that by using Equilibrium to turn your health into mana, then using healing spells to heal yourself.

Isn't that that spell I have to go into some dungeon with frost trolls to get?

because fuck that

• >Frost Trolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUztQNIbEaE

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Get Fire Breath. Laugh Frost Trolls to death.

• edited 2012-02-03 01:04:22

^^^It's in the Labyrinthian, I think. The place where you fight the skeleton dragon during the College questline.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's in the Labyrinthian, I think. The place where you fight the skeleton dragon during the College questline.

the what

^^Get Fire Breath. Laugh Frost Trolls to death.

get what

The Fire Breath shout. You can get two words of it by doing the first Companions quest and by meeting the Greybeard leader in the main quest.

• edited 2012-02-03 01:08:49

It's a shout. You can't get one part until a point in the main quest, but the other two are fairly easy to find.

EDIT: Gray Fox'd

Not sure if I want. On the one hand, cool and looks fairly well made (the mod, not video). On the other hand, looks out of place, probably a savegame, not sure. Maybe next run through.

• edited 2012-02-03 01:09:04

The College. You know, the Mage's College.

Also isn't Fire Breath, y'know, kinda shitty?

what quests

i am confused

The College. You know, the Mage's College.

i do not know

• Of Winterhold. Go talk to Balgruuf's court wizard; he should be able to direct you there. It's in the Northern Portion of the map bordering the Sea of Ghosts.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Hire a carriage to Winterhold. Walk up to the fancy bridge. Bam. Mage's college.

Also isn't Fire Breath, y'know, kinda shitty?

It's saved me more times than I can count. Damaging shouts are kinda broken, since you can use them, run around until it cools down, use them again and so on.

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING D:

I have only been to riverwood, whiterun and ivarstead

they are the only towns i have visited

i only have the shouts the storyline gave me

it took me six days to find High Hrothgar

• Use your journal.

Press J. You can then toggle quest indicators.

You can bring up a map my pressing M. They will display quest indicators.

As will the compass at the top of the screen.

Okay. Go outside Whiterun, and look for a carriage. Pay the dude 50 gold to go to Winterhold.

You can bring up a map my pressing M. They will display quest indicators.

I can also press Tab and choose the option that says 'Map'. I am aware of this.

My problem is I have no idea where anything is in relation to other things. You should have seen me trying to get to High Hrothgar, I went south of Whiterun and tried to circle the mountains down there for four days before realizing that d'oh i am supposed to go north.

I guess that is my weak point- I have horrible navigational skills, and I tend to get even more lost in open-ended video games. At least Oblivion generally let me travel in a straight line to my quest objective, maybe occasionally veering off slightly to avoid a large hill then back off track.

And I have had bad experiences with combat in this game. Trying to get to High Hrothgar, I somehow encountered two Giants, and my best Sneak Attack with a bow did maybe 10% of its' health in damage, and it kinda one-shotted me and my body was knocked so high that I swear I was at the top of the mountains. The Frost Troll on that huge stair-path nearly killed me, it took me drinking all my Health and Magicka potions to stay alive until Lydia killed it.

It's like, every time I go off the path I die.

And I haven't even found any other dragons to kill :(

There are roads you can generally travel on that lead you close to most places. You can zoom to see them better.

Or download that better map mod.

Yeah, but I am afraid of what I will encounter if I go down paths I haven't travelled before.

• edited 2012-02-03 01:30:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^If you go to Whiterun (or any major city), you can hire a carriage to any city.

But that costs gold

of which I have very little

Really? How much do you have? I've rarely had under a thousand on hand.

• edited 2012-02-03 01:34:15

^^ The roads are usually safe. You'll get bandits, but it's unlikely you'll encounter much more. Roads are generally the easiest until you've leveled up enough to take on a Bear/have Fus Ro Dah and can take them on anyway.

Typically, the direct path is the easiest. Most of the time I just walk in its general direction and if there's something in the way I just go around and keep going towards it as soon as I can. You might also try taking carriages to the closest city and striking out from there. Same with previously discovered minor locations and fast travel.

Dragons, I think, won't start spawning for a while. I think you need to learn Ro from the Greybeards first.

As for gold, chop wood. It's a mind-numbingly dull task, but you can get a lot with little effort, just time. Grab an axe and go to work. Or get a companion to do it.

I think I have about 450 gold.

I spent it all buying iron to level up my Smithing. And all the magic items I find I am either wearing or I keep going OHMIGOD AN ENCHANTMENT QUICK FAST TRAVEL TO WHITERUN YAY NOW I HAVE A THIRD ENCHANTMENT IN MY REPERTOIRE but I have no soul gems :(

Dragons, I think, won't start spawning for a while. I think you need to learn Ro from the Greybeards first.

but i know ro ;-; I have done the high hrothgar thing.

And people have talked about how dragons attacked them on the way to High Hrothgar, so.