If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Like Dyre said, everybody else has a level cap. J'zargo is the only follower that can go over level 50 (he can go up to level 81, the same cap as the player)
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Cygan, Lydia will be weaker and weaker as time goes on

Psh, if she gets too weak, I can just figure out what her values should be at this level and change them to that.

• Or you could just go and get another Housecarl.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No. I like Lydia.

• You should get another Housecarl anyway. They don't replace each other, they just chill at the hold capitals. Who knows, you might like one of the more than Lydia!

But I don't want to. I want to keep Lydia on :(

Speaking of, what should Lydia's stats be at Level 21? >_>

• You can, just go and get the other Housecarls as well. You get them from becoming Thane anyway.

And I have no idea. I would think the same as when you recruited her, but don't hold me to that.

But why would I? I'm not gonna use them, so wasted effort.

And it's not- her Health,a t least, has to rise.

• They're a quest reward. More quests! Plus you might find that you like one of them more than Lydia.

No. I like Lydia, and I don't care who I like more, Lydia has stuck with me through thick and thin >:|

• So will the others.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Mjoll the Lioness is the best companion and all you fuckers know it.

So will the others.

The others did not stick with me even as I killed the owner of an orphanage

You say they will; I say they haven't. Lydia has.

• edited 2012-02-04 17:30:13

Not using companions is the best companion

^ Only because you won't use any of the others.

I won't use any of the others because they haven't done anything >:|

"But one of the others will!"

But they haven't.

• >caring about any of the characters in a Bethesda game

lololololololololololololol 

• Because you won't let them.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Re: Lydia:

• What's with the TACTICAL COMBAT ROLL?

Because you won't let them.

No, because Lydia has already done things for me and I have no reason to let her go other than "other people totally will too!" which doesn't matter because they haven't and Lydia has.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^It's a perk, I think...whoever made the video must have given Lydia it with the console.

• ^^ They haven't because you won't let them.

^ Stealth tree?

They haven't because you won't let them.

Give me one reason I should tell Lydia to fuck off. Go on.

• The others will have higher stats.

You never said it had to be a good reason, or even one you agree with ^_^

The others will have higher stats.

As everyone is so fond of reminding me, I have a console I can change this with.

And funnily enough, did you know this isn't a uniform bug? Some followers do indeed scale levels with some people ^_^

So; give me a good reason I agree with as to why I should tell Lydia to fuck off.

• And funnily enough, did you know this isn't a uniform bug? Some followers do indeed scale levels with some people ^_^

Did know that, actually, though, I'm not sure if it's a case of "their stats scale with you up to this level" or "their starting stats will be this according to your level, but once you reach this level they won't go any higher".

Ooooh, you want one /good/ reason that you could agree with?

Very well, whilst you should not tell her to fuck off immediately, you should test the other Housecarls first to see if any of the others are more to your liking. Though you may prefer Lydia, you may find that you like one of the others at least to go on a quick dungeon jaunt with them. Furthermore, it may be beneficial to say to Lydia "stay the fuck here" on several occasions when her skills aren't proving useful. Finally, you may consider telling her to temporarily fuck off so that she can join the Blades and gain access to better armour, as well as placing you one step further towards being able to go on dragon hunts.

• edited 2012-02-04 17:51:58
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Because she seems to want you too? I always got the impression that she was only there because it was her job, and I don't really want to travel with someone who doesn't even like me.

Because she seems to want you too? I always got the impression that she was only there because it was her job, and I don't really want to travel with someone who doesn't even like me.

She stuck with me as I murdered the owner of an orphanage :V That goes beyond what I'd consider the scope of her job, really.

Furthermore, it may be beneficial to say to Lydia "stay the fuck here" on several occasions when her skills aren't proving useful. 

I tell her to wait near the entrance of many mini-dungeons, so I can sneak through and kill many of the inhabitants while they're unaware. Then, when a tough enemy finds me, I scream and run back to the front of the dungeon, where Lydia proceeds to annihilate them.

Very well, whilst you should not tell her to fuck off immediately, you should test the other Housecarls first to see if any of the others are more to your liking. Though you may prefer Lydia, you may find that you like one of the others at least to go on a quick dungeon jaunt with them.

Here is a good idea. I should probably at least let Lydia go home and have a break sometimes >_>

Finally, you may consider telling her to temporarily fuck off so that she can join the Blades and gain access to better armour, as well as placing you one step further towards being able to go on dragon hunts.

> better armour

> i'm crafting her Dragon or Daedric armour and enchanting it with everything

• Here is a good idea. I should probably at least let Lydia go home and have a break sometimes >_>

She started yawning so I told her to go and sleep so she went and got on the bed and then got up and came back to me immediately >=/

> i'm crafting her Dragon or Daedric armour and enchanting it with everything

Dragon Armour you probably won't have for a bit. Even with Iron Daggers, it'll take a bit for you to get it up to 100. Blades Armour is a good hold over. Daedric Armour is pretty hard to get though; you need Daedric Hearts, which can be fairly difficult to find. I thought you were going on the Light Armour side of the Armour tree?

She started yawning so I told her to go and sleep so she went and got on the bed and then got up and came back to me immediately >=/

She sits at a table and eats bread when I tell her to have a break.

Even with Iron Daggers, it'll take a bit for you to get it up to 100.

> implying I don't already have 76 Smithing

I thought you were going on the Light Armour side of the Armour tree?

Nah. I got my Gloves of Shrouding, so I won't be needing armour. If anything is too tough to be killed like that, I'll kite it back to Lydia.