If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I don't care which side's morally superior. I just care who will do better against the Thalmor.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ My answer to that is, "The side with the person who can summon a dragon, has several daedric artifacts, who can summon storms that strike down everyone, and who has a horse that is immortal and extremely violent"

Well, yeah, the Dovahkiin is a huge advantage. But which side is stronger before adding the huge advantage is what matters.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

"The side with the person who can summon a dragon, has several daedric artifacts, who can summon storms that strike down everyone, and who has a horse that is immortal and extremely violent"

i.e. not my side

• No rainbow star
    Just read the bear of markarth

Holy crap Ulfric is... What a dick! Next file, I will take great pleasure in beheading his sorry ass

Like I said, I care more about who can defeat the Thalmor more easily. Given their goals, that's really all that matters.

• No rainbow star
    So who do you think can defeat them more easily?

All I know is that the Thalmor don't want either side to win the war for Skyrim

Well, given that in the previous war, the Thalmor conquered Cyrodiil by accident, I'm going to say the Stormcloaks.

• edited 2012-02-02 23:39:42
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I read The Bear of Markarth.

I don't doubt that it's at least partly true, but it was published by the Empire during the rebellion.

• Well, given that in the previous war, the Thalmor conquered Cyrodiil by accident, I'm going to say the Stormcloaks.

The Empire has mostly gotten its shit together since then, and there's much less of a risk of them being taken by surprise. I'd say that the Legion is the best chance of sending those fuckers to Aetherius once and for all.

Wait, where do Altmer go when they die again?

The Empire has mostly gotten its shit together since then, and there's much less of a risk of them being taken by surprise. I'd say that the Legion is the best chance of sending those fuckers to Aetherius once and for all.

Maybe. On the other hand, though, the Dark Brotherhood questline pretty strongly implies that the Empire might destroy itself with political infighting.

Wait, where do Altmer go when they die again?

Depends on who you ask. The Thalmor believe that until Mundus is destroyed, they're trapped in their current not-gods state, so I want to say they believe in reincarnation, but I'm really not sure...

• Maybe. On the other hand, though, the Dark Brotherhood questline pretty strongly implies that the Empire might destroy itself with political infighting.

I slaughtered them without hesitation, so I wouldn't really know.

Depends on who you ask. The Thalmor believe that until Mundus is destroyed, they're trapped in their current not-gods state, so I want to say they believe in reincarnation, but I'm really not sure...

I'd say I hope they all go into a sort of limbo between life and death, but there are decent Altmer out there.

I need to roll back to the Thalmor Embassy, hack the gate open and slaughter those bastards when I pass the Embassy quest.

• edited 2012-02-02 23:59:32
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I slaughtered them without hesitation, so I wouldn't really know.

Massive spoilers: the Dark Brotherhood questline has you kill The Emperor, hired by a member of the Elder Council.

That is like the worst political situation possible.

• I don't know, considering the situation it might end up being a good thing.

You meet the Emperor before killing him. The game makes it very clear that he's an extremely competent leader, and that you're replacing him with petty infighting.

• Really? That's not the impression I got from the game.

I was surprised too. You kill his decoy first, and the decoy acts pretty much like you'd expect the Emperor to act given how things are going, then you meet the real guy and he's...honestly, if you'd told me he was a Septim, I'd have believed you.

• I'll have to investigate that when I don't horribly murder the Brotherhood then. Maybe I'll make a savegame and just do the questline before I reload.

I'm less concerned with the fact that the Emperor is dead than with the fact that it was at the orders of someone on the Elder Council, though. If the client is just an outlier, that's okay, because you can kill him too if you want, but if that's normal for Imperial politics these days, that's really bad.

• edited 2012-02-03 00:10:54

Are there any reasons given by said client for his actions?

He claims to be saving the Empire, but given his general demeanor and the apparent competence of the Emperor, I'm under the impression that he means "stealing the throne so I can run the Empire, because I think I'd be the best Emperor ever."

• edited 2012-02-03 00:17:03

And you sent his head flying, right?

Or whatever the equivalent mage/bowman/knifeintheass action is, if you're one of those.

Don't recall which method I used...he was pretty pathetic, though. The vibe I get from him is that of a rich idiot who's had everything handed to him from birth (he's from the Motierre family, which if you recall from Oblivion, is a pretty wealthy group of Breton nobles) and still isn't satisfied with it.

• (he's from the Motierre family, which if you recall from Oblivion, is a pretty wealthy group of Breton nobles)

I remember. I also remember horrendously wooden voice acting (may have been intentional) and a guy who should have taken a knife in the face.

• No rainbow star
    Hmm... The stormcloaks do have an advantage in Ulfric's ability to shout (Not even the dragonborn can Fus Ro Dah hard enough to tear people apart)

Given what I've heard about his fight with the king, I don't think he knows "dah."

• No rainbow star
    ^ So is the tear apart part an exaggeration?

Even if it is, having two people who can shout would come in handy

He didn't tear him apart with the shout. He knocked him down, then killed him, IIRC.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I need to get back to Skyrim. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes, you do

Well, I somehow managed to get myself to 83 Sneak trying to level up my Archery with that companion in Riverwood. Now I have 49 Archery as well. Man, I need to level up One-Handed and Restoration now >_>