If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

edited 2011-11-17 13:31:18 in General
One foot in front of the other, every day.
Fus do rah!

So I was thinking my next character would be

- An Aragorn clone, with light armour, one-handed, sneak, archery and speech.
- A battlemage that decides to take to dragon slaying with professionalism.
or
- A humble artisan, moving through Skyrim to sell his wares and expand his skills. He uses his money to buy training and hire mercenaries.

... not that I'm anywhere near the end of my first run.

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.
    How do you do professionalist dragon slaying? Arrows and magic tend to go everywhere.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Wait for it to land. When they're on the ground, they're pathetic.
    When I tried that stunt, I got chewed.
    Attack from the side. Their tail attacks and bite attacks are good, but their wing attacks are weak.
  • You can change. You can.
    Oh, shaddap, you only lost your arm.

whiner
    DYING IS NOT LOSING AN ARM. :<
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    /shrugs

I was just gonna roleplay it by ear.
    ^^There's some overlap, though.
  • $80+ per session
    This is a question for INUH. So, you've clocked in probably over 80+ hours into the game already. Could you see yourself clocking in another 100 or more?
  • edited 2011-11-17 18:58:35
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Absolutely. I think I've experienced about a quarter of the content, and that's not counting the radiant quests (which are infinite in number and surprisingly interesting), random dungeons, doing quests I've already done but differently, redoing stuff because it was awesome enough to redo, and just screwing around.

I could see myself clocking a thousand hours in this game over the next few years, before expansions even.
  • $80+ per session
    Holy fuck.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    argh I need this game
  • Just got my copy this evening. So far my character is evolving into a sneaky archer. The sheer hilarity of critting half a dungeon to death before they see me is glorious.
    It amuses me that bandits will stop searching after a short period, despite having an arrow in them. "Must have been hearing things."
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm gonna see if I can play my cards right and get my hands on this today.
    I'm trying to decide what kind of character I want first.

I'm thinking either a war Mage kind of thing (Heavy armor + Magic), or a sneaky assassin Mage.

Those are viable, right?
    Sure are.

But fair warning: about 97% of Skyrim players, just from the anecdotes I've heard, change their character plans dramatically by the end of the tutorial.
  • a little muffled
    I might be able to play this today; if not, tomorrow. (I wasn't able to before because my Bethesda fanboy brother had the game and was on the other side of town, but that's an abnormal circumstance.)

Should be fun.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Why am I still reading this thread?
    Yeah, I'm pretty bad about sticking to my plans.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Conjuration is so very very useful if you plan on being a squishy mage.
    Can you sneak attack with spells?
  • edited 2011-11-19 12:32:00
    ^^Yeah, I used conjuration (specifically, Flaming Familiar) for those few enemies where you don't even want to get in line-of-sight from them.

But really, for almost everything, 100 enchanting->equipment with a total of 100 Fortify Destruction points->all Destruction spells can be cast for free->You are now unbeatable.

^Nope. You can use bound weapons to do so, though.
    ^^
    You can't even cast them silently unless you take a perk in the illusion tree.

^
    I find enchanting to be quite a drag, all the casting soul trap first isn't too great when getting close is a terrible idea.
  • edited 2011-11-19 12:34:32
    Skip soul trap. You can find or buy more than enough soul gems to get it to 100 fast. I don't think I've ever cast soul trap. Hell, I don't think I ever even learned it.
    Haha.

I personally think it would be better as a self buff that anything you kill in 60 seconds gets shoved into a soul gem.
    Indeed it would. The current spell is mostly good for grinding Conjuration (you can cast it on corpses repeatedly).
    I've only ever used it on an Elk.

Then I've just been relying on picking up gems, every now and again.
    Another tip for grinding enchanting: get training, then steal your gold back from the trainer.
    ^ But, but... my character is a 'good' mage! D: