If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• a little muffled

Yeah, I realize that's what you were referring to.

But, I mean, the way you phrased that above made it sound like there was some actual gameplay reason why Ica should do something about the dragon not giving him a soul. As opposed to a fluff reason, which seems rather odd to take into account for a reaction to a bug.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I missed the bit that it wouldn't give it to him the first time I said that >.>

Though I'm pretty sure that that's actually implemented in-game.

• a little muffled

I don't think it's actually supposed to be possible to kill a dragon without taking its soul.

I thought there was a maximum distance.

• I married that adorable Muiri chick. I figured someone who'd hire the DB wouldn't have any qualms about my *ahem* lifestyle.

Just got linked to this. Thought I'd share.

• No rainbow star
    I just faced my first blood dragon :D

Also, Midas Magic rocks, even with its issues (That meteor storm spell is bloody deadly even with under 200 magic - Just getting it off for one second deals enough damage to kill a guard, and it seems to do splash damage - And summon Dragonling summons... A very twitchy dragon. Greater Heat Beam works perfectly though and seems to be well balanced :D)
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Huh, Xilver made Midas Magic for Skyrim already? Impressive.

• I just got that special spell from the Dark Brotherhood line.

Ancano? Ancano who?

Oh god Lachance I missed you~.

• Argh, I went 35 levels and only just now received the tip on the loading screen that I can eat reagents to learn their effects. I don't even want to think about how many regs I wasted in trying and failing potion combinations.

So quick question: I did the Skooma quest in Riften, the one where the Jarl states that if you do it you'll be well on your way to becoming Thane. Once I completed that quest, though, I did not receive any options for follow up quests from her, and she doesn't say anything else about it. Do I have to take a quest from someone else to get the rest of the way there?

• edited 2012-01-10 15:36:34
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Full Daedric, hell yeah.

Edit: What's with the retarded resizing?

• Going on a Skyrim hiatus.

It's making me oversleep and miss work.

• No rainbow star
    The battle for Whiterun was awesome!

My mage character sided with the Stormcloaks (despite being an Argonian... I'm rping the reason as her believing that she can show Ulfric that being a child of Skyrim doesn't matter on race, but on actions). When the Jarl of Whiterun refused the offer, I laser'd him in the face (I have the Midas Magic mod installed) and ran away, attacking guards enough to shove them out of the way while Lydia and Meeko covered me. Leaving the hall, neither were behind me

So I continued to flee and eventually got to my horse. Some guards tried sneaking to me while I was on horseback, so I got off, confused. They struck and I used a fireball or two to cover my escape into the river. While they were busy shooting arrows under the bridge where I had gone, I slunk away and got on my horse and went to Windhelm

Then the attack itself. Meeko was back with me. Lydia wasn't (I just assumed she was dead). A whiterun guard was in the center of the Stormcloak camp trying to arrest me. He went down fast. Then we charged in, my horse waiting in the wreckage (I fast travelled. So sue me). Meeko climbed up a wall just to bite guards while I continued to laser them.

Then the hall itself. I waited for my mana to charge then entered and killed three guards at once with the exploding fireball. Then after killing another guard as they stood around, the Jarl attacked. Lydia charged out of fucking no where (I switched my guess to her having been arrested and a stormcloak let her loose) and we all pummeled the Jarl into surrendering

Then I looted all the bodies and spots where I had dropped past loot (figuring that the bodies would vanish) and called it a victory :D

In short: Lydia went from, "Eh, she'll do as a meatshield" to awesome :D
  • So, favourite locations in the game?

For me, Blackreach scores pretty highly. Creepy, awesome, and utterly alien, and that giant magical sun-sphere was quite the 'holy shit' moment when I first spotted it.

• edited 2012-01-12 12:04:59

Since I've barely scratched the surface on the exploration side of the game so far, I'll have to go with a practical choice: Snow-covered mountainous areas, because they make the brown-ish ore spots easy to see.

• No rainbow star
    That Spriggan cave is pretty nice
  • No rainbow star
    So, turns out that those land paths you can't go down in Skyrim?

Changing a line in the .ini then no clipping reveals that they lead to a fully mapped Morrowind and Cyrodiil, albeit scaled down

They get less detailed textures the further you are from Skyrim, so some are saying it's just in case you get to the top of a mountain and look beyond Skyrims boundaries. But why map them out that much?

Yeah, I heard about that when it was first discovered. Speculation is that it's either for DLC or to make modders' lives easier.

• No rainbow star
    Is the ground out there solid by any chance? I want to explore, but I don't like using noclip where it can be avoided

I think it is.

Don't expect it to be too exciting. White Gold Tower is the only building.

• Do glorified mulesfollowers benefit from item enchantments like Fortify Carry Weight? (Assuming they have the item equipped, of course.)

• No rainbow star
    So, here is a picture of my busted laptop screen (ignore the scan lines. My phone always adds those). Too bad to play Skyrim or should it do until I can get my laptop in (earliest I can get it in is Friday, and that's if I go to a non warranty approved dealer):

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Nice wall lamp.

• No rainbow star
  • edited 2012-01-21 07:37:21

• Started again. Time to start working my way up to where I was. I'll head to Solitude after I have Fus Ro Dah and join the Legion.

...I feel so dirty posting in this thread.

• edited 2012-01-21 22:48:12
    probably human

Started really playing the game today. Joined the Companions, and was on the Trial before the game crashed.

These guys seem a lot more likable than the members of the Fighter's Guild in Oblivion, hopefully they don't all get killed off somehow.

I'm being sort of a battle mage, in the sense that I conjure magic weapons and then dual wield things to death.

• "Well, that's one hell of a sneaky dragon"

fucking died

• edited 2012-01-22 07:53:34

Speaking of Dragons and resurrection:

I won't sleep well tonight.