If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So I keep hearing, but it got me through the entire game pretty easily.
  • edited 2012-01-07 22:03:38
    a little muffled
    Actually, the Novice level spells are the most Magicka-efficient, tied with the Apprentice-level spells at higher levels. However, the Novice spells aren't affected by Impact which does make them kinda suck.

So, yeah, I played through the whole game on my mage using almost exclusively Apprentice-level spells (which are, in terms of damage/cost ratio, near-identical to the Novice ones), and until/unless you get free spells, that's actually the best way to maximize Impact.
  • No rainbow star
    NOOO!

I had killed a Mammoth, and nearly had another dead but then mr giant caught up and got me pinned into the Western Tower

And the guard wouldn't move out of the door, so I had to get closer... And got insta killed by the giant D:

I WAS ACTUALLY WINNING UNTIL THAT DAMN IDIOTIC GUARD GOT IN THE WAY OF MY SPELLS!
  • No rainbow star
    ...So, two things:

1) My atronach soloed a tower. Right after she and I killed a mugger on the roadway and a bandit chief, she blazed through and toasted all but two bandits in the towers (one was technically outside the tower)

2) I just rp'd having dinner with my follower by eating food despite there being no need to. This has lead me to believe that I may be playing Skyrim a LITTLE too much
  • Yes, you probably are.
  • > 2) I just rp'd having dinner with my follower by eating food despite
    there being no need to. This has lead me to believe that I may be
    playing Skyrim a LITTLE too much

so relieved I'm not the only one who does this*

I also get a bowl and fill it with food and leave it for the stray dog I took into Proudspire Manor.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ :< I have yet to find a stray dog

And yay! I'm NOT (alone in my) crazy/i(ness)!

And I just read up on Shadowmere after finding out that it can Alduin in the Time Rend encounter

...Considering how it rises out of black goop, is called one of us by a member of the dark brotherhood, is nigh on invincible, and, even if killed, will come back to life where it died after 15-20 days...

Is that horse some sort of demigod of death or something!?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    >Thieves' Guild armor increases carrying capacity by 20

New best friends, right here.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    So as I understand it, you have to sack Whiterun if you side with the Stormcloaks.

Is it still worth blowing 5000 Septims on a house there?
  • a little muffled
    Nah, you don't really sack it. Keep in mind that half the city support the Stormcloaks anyway. The city and your house survive intact under a new Stormcloak-backed Jarl.

The Whiterun house is pretty lame though; it was the only one I ever got on my first playthrough, but on my second one I got the Riften house instead and it is so much nicer.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Does it cost the same? I like Whiterun in terms of atmosphere better anyway, so eh.
  • Me, I've grabbed houses in every hold that has 'em available. Mostly because I have money to buuurn.
  • a little muffled
    @Neo_Crimson: Riften is slightly more expensive at 8000 gold (though, apparently, you actually can get it for 5000 if you don't have 8000 in your inventory).

I do like Whiterun quite a bit as a city, though (which is part of why I never bought another house on my first character). Whiterun and Solitude are probably the nicest places to live in Skyrim, but the Whiterun house kinda sucks and the Solitude one is...pricey.

The Whiterun house does have one major plus, which is being right next door to the blacksmith. That's pretty helpful if you use smithing.
  • No rainbow star
    The Solitude house apparently also has the fewest containers to store stuff in

On my second character, I'm using a shack while I become a storm cloak to get the Windhelm house

Also, I just tried to enter Drelas' cottage to see if there is a quest related to the dragon nearby

After loading the autosave several times I gave up and left

That guy is an overpowered psychopath!
  • a little muffled
    The Windhelm house is quite nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about living in a house that was recently used as a base by a serial killer.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I consider it a testament to my victory

...I also have considered not getting the cleaning upgrade nor the other relevant upgrade because I like the decor

...I may be a bit twisted in the head :D
  • edited 2012-01-08 19:30:25
    a little muffled
    Just note that if you buy the living room without cleaning up the mess, you can never clean up the mess.
  • No rainbow star
    ...I just tried whistling for Meeko when I stumbled upon Meeko's Shack
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Sadly, she begins with one of the medicore tavern songs, but this explodes into something awesome. Brilliant voice.
  • a little muffled
    This reminds me that I really, really want to see a Viking metal version of "The Age of Oppression".
  • edited 2012-01-08 20:49:33
    No rainbow star
    MEEEEEEEEKOOOOOOOO!

;.; Meeko died ;.;

I failed his previous owner ;.;

EDIT: Well, I flaked and decided to redo the keep. THIS TIME MEEKO SHALL LIVE!

EDIT 2: ...I have a feeling that Meeko would have been better off at his shack. Again he dies and again it's to that damn Northkeep Instigator (Who nearly killed me the first time)

That guy is quite a boss
  • I've seen people complain about Bethesda's writing previously, but I find the lore and dialogue in this game really well done. Do I just have terrible taste, or is this an especially well written entry in Elder Scrolls series?
  • edited 2012-01-08 22:04:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Eh, it's not as well-written as Morrowind, but the criticism is mostly because of Oblivion, where the main quest was a bit of an afterthought.
  • No rainbow star
    ...Vilkas is a bit of an idiot

Just joining the companions on my mage file. "We haven't even heard of her!"

So you haven't heard of the thane of Whiterun who absorbed a dragon's soul at the Western Watchtower? Really? Are you THAT dense?
  • a little muffled
    Well, you can join them before doing that, and the game does sorta point you in that direction when you arrive at Whiterun, but...yeah. Not much chance anyone in the city wouldn't have heard of you at that point, but they didn't want to record new dialogue for that I guess.
  • Okay what the hell just happened.

I was in Markarth and this "Challenger" guy shows up and wants to challenge me to a wizard's duel, and when I singed him a bit he pulled out a dagger and began stabbing me. So I was like "fuck that, if he can, I can", so I dual-wielded my favorite swords against him and then he's crying that I'M the cheater, so I just shoved Chillrend up his whiny bitch ass and didn't stop shoving till he croaked.

And he didn't even have anything good on him. :<
  • edited 2012-01-09 03:41:14
    No rainbow star
    I got a lucky dagger as a quest reward :D

No, seriously, it's called a lucky dagger and has a 25% critical hit chance

Best part? It doesn't count as enchanted, so I was able to upgrade it without Arcane Smithing

Once I DO have arcane smithing, I plan to enchant the bugger (if I can - If I can't, then I'll do a loop feedback with alchemy until I can make an awesome smithing potion and improve that dagger until it is as fearsome as some of the best swords)
  • Ooh that sounds amazing~~! Do let us know how it turns out.

I think my favorite recent find so far is the Slutty Forsworn Armor. <3
  • No rainbow star
    My favourite recent find is buying iron ore, using pelts I get to make leather strips, then smelting the ore and making tools for sale

And with my Soul Stealer (A superior Iron Dagger I enchanted with a grand soul to, well, steal souls (I set it at 1 second because honestly, I'm only using it for killing blows so the more uses it has the better) I can increase enchanting by enchanting these weapons and make a profit while grinding