If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• Just finished the College questline.

Why did Ancano have to evil? I loved him~!
  • No rainbow star
    Well, I just tried the Dawnbreaker quest

I kept getting killed, so I did some research

Malkoran has an ice attack that instakills at LEAST up to level 26

So guess who is waiting until they get Yol to mass kill Corrupted Shades and the Sanguine Rose so a demon can go and kill things for me?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ^^ ...Does that really count as a spoiler, considering how horribly obvious it is?
  • Well I was actually expecting him to turn out to be good, since it was made so obvious that he'd be bad.

After the Thieves Guild tricked me. :<
  • edited 2012-01-09 08:12:15
    No rainbow star
    *fast travel to bonestrewn crest. Is greeted by a dragon torching Meeko in the first minute after arrival*

...Well then
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Dude, he's a Thalmor. That is all.
  • D'aww, but he was such a comparatively sweet one in that he didn't immediately try to incinerate me~. XD
    The first thing I did after talking with him was to try and poke him with a sword.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ That's pretty much what I do with everyone! :D

...They don't like it when I do that ;.;
  • edited 2012-01-09 08:52:25
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I was just waltzing around and I came across this:

bethesda.jpg
  • whatamilookingat.jpg
  • No rainbow star
    ^ A mammoth on a mountain top that they can't normally reach

So, when the toolkit comes out, does anybody want to help with making a bunch of quest lines that are more opposite the dark ones?

Because this game really could use a few 'good' quest lines that are fun (Companions and Mages College are a little neutral for my tastes, and the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are obviously on the evil side)

Especially something that benefits healers
    Super Mammoth, the true Dovahkiin!
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I want questlines that are adaptations of awesome movies, or bad movies that had awesome ideas.

/season of the witch
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Well, that could be done with the toolkit

I'd personally like one that changed depending on skill layout, race, and what guilds you've joined (if you, say, joined the Dark Brotherhood, you'd have different questlines than if you joined, say, a priests guild)
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    That would be one massive mod.

Personally, though, one mod I'd like to see is advanced combat. CLICKCLICKCLICK doesn't cut it for me. The game needs freer movement while attacking or more defined attack animations, hitboxes and attack arcs. As it stands, there's no real tactical element to the combat. That's arguably strategy, and there's certainly logistical considerations, but both skill an tactics are lacking.
  • edited 2012-01-09 14:45:30
    No rainbow star

Best Skyrim thread ever

I really wish that I had an account there so that I could share that tale of a frost troll and a dragon fighting over who would get to kill me :D

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

@Waltzy:Ancano is introduced as working for a political faction that kills babies if they aren't up to its standards of elven beauty. There was really no way he'd turn out to be good.

• No rainbow star

And I just had an interesting experience

A dragon that was fighting me flew off to roast a mammoth and a giant. Then as I helped, another dragon came by. So I was fighting two dragons, a mammoth, and a giant

Reset

This time the second dragon just observes. And by running around bonestrewn crest, I was able to take out the giant after it killed the dragon (I didn't get the soul because I wasn't stupid enough to get THAT close to a warring dragon and giant)

Er...you might want to go grab the soul. Trust me on this one.

• No rainbow star

I wasn't able to. The script wouldn't trigger for grabbing the soul

• a little muffled

I don't see why it'd be so important to get the soul; dragon souls are hardly at a premium.

• No rainbow star

Bleh. I forgot how hard the Silverhand are

...Probably doesn't help that my Mage character is only wearing a necromancer's robe, an elven helmet, elven boots, and elven gauntlets

^^Ah, I guess you've missed what happens if you don't get the soul, then.

• a little muffled

Huh? Is there something special about that particular dragon?

No, it's just what happens if you don't take a dragon's soul in general...

Dammit, we can't do spoilertext anymore T_T

• a little muffled

Wait, a story thing, or a gameplay glitch? I don't see why the latter would need spoilers, but I can't imagine how it could be the former.

The former, though it's something revealed about a quarter of the way into the main quest.

• edited 2012-01-09 16:23:58
    a little muffled

Wait, you just mean the fact that the story says you're supposed to absorb dragon souls for various reasons? (I've played through the main quest twice btw.)

I hardly think that warrants a "you really should go and fix that" because the game is buggy and doesn't give you the soul...

Eh, screw it, it's a really minor spoiler. Anyone that averse to it can just stop reading.

Dragons don't stay dead if you don't take their souls.