If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^Maybe that was a way of saying "there were stairs, ya know."
  • edited 2012-01-05 11:52:01
    But you never had any to begin with.
    ^^ Of course, The Real Barenziah has been censored since Morrowind. :P
  • Well, only the furry-sex, as far as I could tell. Though this is my first Elder Scrolls game, so I don't really know how it was before.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    You can find both versions over at UESP, I believe.
  • @Eevee: I didn't check, but I was on my horsie and I didn't want her to die. :<

But then falling into the shrine snubbed me anyway. :[
  • edited 2012-01-06 00:10:49
    No rainbow star
    ...Furry sex?

And guess who just failed to absorb a dragon soul? :D?

Guess the dragon was brain damaged and as such its soul could give the dovahkiin no new knowledge =/
    Did you kill it from a distance?
  • No rainbow star
    Nope, I was right next to it when me and Lydia killed it
    Huh. Weird.
  • I heard if you're on a horse it doesn't work sometimes.

Or if it's a Skeletal Dragon, those don't have souls.
  • No rainbow star
    It wasn't skeletal and I wasn't on my horse

Oddly, the dragon WAS near where I would get a word for the frost breath shout, and after I killed that dragon and then got the shout... A dragon didn't appear

I'm thinking something bugged out about that =/

And gah, Dampened Spirits bugged out on me. :< I had to use the console to start the next quest because the marker refuses to acknowledge that I talked to Sabjorn
  • edited 2012-01-06 04:57:40
    I really like the books that give competing historical accounts of Queen
    Barenziah. The squeaky clean empire-approved version, and the
    scandalous "true" story by an anonymous author. It's touches like that
    that help make the world feel like a living place.

No need for the quote-marks on 'true' - when you meet her in Tribunal, Barenziah mentions that she actually contributed to that version, and considers it by far the more accurate one. She's kind of awesome like that.
  • Yaay, just bought and fully upgraded Proudspire Manor.

*begins painstaking decorating*
  • a little muffled
    I've had a dragon fail to give me a soul before too. Out of curiosity, where was it?
  • edited 2012-01-06 14:34:59
    No rainbow star
    It was flying outside of bonestrewn crest. I killed it while me and it were in the marshes outside of there. This was before getting the word from the bonestrewn crest wall
  • a little muffled
    Hmm...I've no idea where Bonestrewn Crest is, but I don't think that's where it happened to me.
  • No rainbow star
    Something confuses me about the radiant quest system

It says that there is an infinite number of quests generated with it. Yet it says that the quests generated will choose locations you have never visited

So... How is that infinite?
  • edited 2012-01-06 15:12:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    There's more than one radiant quest system. The ones that take the format "go to this dungeon and kill stuff" don't do dungeons you've already done.
  • a little muffled
    Also, I assume it'll pick places you've been if somehow you've already been to every location.
    ^No, I think after that you just get different types of quests from those sources.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ :< I think it would be better if, say, these areas got repopulated after a few in game months and the completion status faded. Traps could shift around to randomize it a bit. Then it could be available for radiant quests again

After all, why WOULDN'T a bunch of bandits or monsters move in after a while?

I hope somebody does that when the toolkit is released :<
  • After all, why WOULDN'T a bunch of bandits or monsters move in after a while?

Because they saw what you did to the last lot?

I mean, god DAMN.
    Yeah, when I walk into a cave and see dozens of fresh corpses, I don't generally take that as a sign that I should set up camp.
  • edited 2012-01-06 16:28:16

Enemies in dungeons do respawn, actually.  At least, I'm pretty sure they do, since I've seen monsters in dungeons that were marked as cleared.  It takes a while though, much longer than it did in Oblivion.  I think it's like 30 game days or something for areas to respawn.

• a little muffled
    Yeah, most dungeons respawn in thirty in-game days.
  • edited 2012-01-06 16:44:09
    No rainbow star
    Ah, and I'm guessing that the respawn counter resets if you enter during that time?

^^^ Eh, bandits don't seem all that intelligent

Honestly, if somebody just breathed fire at me like a dragon, I'd be going, "Fuck this!" and running instead of going, "...I can kill him :D"
  • edited 2012-01-06 16:53:26
    No rainbow star
    ^ Is the yep at the respawn counter resetting if you enter the dungeon again too soon or the bandits not being very smart?
  • edited 2012-01-06 16:54:33

The former.

Dragons are kind of pathetic, so it's not really a surprise that NPCs would think they could kill them.  Well, that, plus all NPCs in Skyrim just seem to really like fighting.

• No rainbow star
    ^ But when some guy comes storming in breathing fire like a dragon, speaking in some tongue you've never heard, and is covered in blood, then really, you're kind of an idiot for staying there

...Unless you've got a burning warhammer, a mage that uses fire, and an oil lantern to knock down on the intruder and set them on fire, in which case, yeah, go ahead and try to kill the guy while he keeos reloading to find out why the burning is hurting so much, not realizing that they are covered in oil

...I had a bad experience in that one dungeon