If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^ Hmm?

I could have sworn it was sneak... Must have been more tired than I thought

Either way, she's a good character to do the quest for if you're a thief
  • edited 2012-01-03 18:29:13
    No rainbow star
    I love the Ritual Stone power

You know the Draugr Overlord in the Shroud Hearth Barrow?

Well, because the bastard shouted me, I put all the spoils that were overencumbering me and used the Ritual Stone power to make him my mule :D

Also, I just learned that even if you're overencumbered, you can fast travel provided that you're on a horse
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Wait, there was a Draugr Overlord in Shroud Hearth Barrow? Cuz I don't remember that one, but I remember getting my ass kicked twice by the one in Lost Valkygg (especially since Lydia got her dumb ass stuck in Shalidor's Maze and I was low on potions) before deciding the fight wasn't worth it.
  • edited 2012-01-03 19:07:19
    No rainbow star
    Yeah. It helped that I had a 15% resist frost ring (in fact, the only reason I got past all the Draugr's who were using magic was due to that ring and occasionally my boots)
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I joined the Companions and the very first quest they gave me takes me all the way to the other side of the country. :(
  • No rainbow star
    ^ You think that's bad?

One quest brings you from Riften all the way to Markarth

Don't forget that the game has fast travel, so if you do end up REALLY far away, then you can just go, "Fuck this" and fast travel
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You can actually take carriages to pretty much all of the major cities, if you don't want to run for hours.
  • edited 2012-01-03 21:01:41
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I sort of like running, but I only just learned today that you can take carriages. I was told there was one outside of Whiterun, so I looked outside the gate, but couldn't find it. That would make things so much easier.

Whatever. I'm having fun hunting giants and finding random dungeons.
  • a little muffled
    @Everest: The game has level scaling, so it might have been something stronger than a Draugr Overlord if you were above level ~13 when you did Shroud Hearth Barrow. Overlords are the lowest-level draugr boss though, so it probably was one if you did it when you first went to Ivarstead.
    Oh yeah. I think it was actually a Draugr Deathlord at Lost Valkygg. I forgot there was a significant difference.
  • edited 2012-01-03 22:04:55
    a little muffled
    Oh, yeah, I remember getting my ass kicked by Draugr Deathlords at Lost Valkygg.
    @Giant hunting: Are there any giants that, like, don't attack you on sight (assuming they can find you, dumb bastards that they are) in this game? And if so, how many?
  • edited 2012-01-03 22:20:50
    a little muffled
    ...Most of them? Normally you have to go supersupersuperclose to a giant or go near its mammoths for it to become hostile.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, giants aren't generally supposed to attack unless you come too close and they think you might be a threat to them or their mammoths.
  • edited 2012-01-03 22:27:32
    ^^ What, really? I don't know, to be honest; I mean, I do tend to fire at most of them as soon as I see them, but that's because I thought they'd attack on sight.

^ Oh. I meant conversing with them.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Don't think they speak whatever you speak.
  • edited 2012-01-03 22:31:44
    It would be cool if they at least tried, though. I mean, if they at least tried, I'd probably let them live. As is, I have to execute them for being different points in archery.
  • a little muffled
    Could try Calming them; should be possible with maxed out Illusion and the relevant perks, and most enemies will talk to you if you do that.
    But I'm an archer.

Maybe if I play through it again.
  • edited 2012-01-03 22:39:58
    a little muffled
    Thinking about it though, I don't expect draugr and animals talk to you if you calm them, so giants are probably the same and it's likely only enemies of playable races that talk.

(I've never actually used Illusion myself, but my brother is a fan of it and I've watched him play some.)
  • No rainbow star
    Well, I just killed every worker except the invincible one in the black briar meadery

Should I save that file? I was initially only going to kill guards (I also killed the one who gives you the lexicon... But she was creepy as fuck. Not reacting to my werewolf form at all, and even talking to me while I was in it D:)
  • a little muffled
    I also killed the one who gives you the lexicon... But she was creepy as
    fuck. Not reacting to my werewolf form at all, and even talking to me
    while I was in it D:
    If you do the quest, you'll see why she's not all there.
  • edited 2012-01-04 02:00:38
    No rainbow star
    ...THE MOTHER FUCKER!

I got great loot after killing a dragon, then challenged Hofgrig Horse-Crusher to a brawl. I back up so I don't hit anybody else, then strike him...

...Netting a 40 gold bounty! I had to pay off the guards due to the stolen goods I have on me, and the fucker won't accept my rematch despite me easily having enough cash!

Oh, somebody is getting murdered >:|

EDIT: ...My gold glitched...

It says I have all my gold, but it isn't in my inventory...

...And I got great loot from that dragon as well...

...GRGAHKJHDJKSGDJHLASDIWHDFNJJIP:ADJNKLHFBJDHL

EVEN GETTING MORE MONEY DOESN'T FIX IT!

EDIT: The money shows up when I access a container, but otherwise nothing
  • a little muffled
    UESP says brawling that guy can break things if you have less than 200 gold on you.
  • No rainbow star
    I had over 10000 gold on me

10000 gold I can never access

I can't access ANY gold ever again due to this glitch

You know how much that pisses me off?
  • Nearing the end of the Thieves Guild questline.

Who else predicted that Mercer would be the bad guy?

And I was super stoked for the sexy ass Nocturnal armor. Like holy piss I was so happy. She's my favorite Daedra period.

And I don't wanna give up the Skeleton Keyyyyyyyyy. :< It's so cool beans.
  • a little muffled
    And I don't wanna give up the Skeleton Keyyyyyyyyy. :< It's so cool beans.
    Haha, yeah, my brother always complained about having to give that up.

I haven't done Thieves Guild myself.
  • "I had a vision of you walking up the steps to this altar of Azura-"

*remembers the painful cross-country journey that involved me running for dear life from a dragon and making my horse jump so spazzily that we ended up tumbling to the shrine from the mountain above it with an ankle/body-breaking fall*

:|
    Wait, was it like an extra-powerful dragon or something, that you had to run from it? Just curious.

That sounds fun, though. Reminds me of that one video that I don't care to find right now because I should be working on homework.
  • edited 2012-01-05 12:10:00
    I really like the books that give competing historical accounts of Queen Barenziah. The squeaky clean empire-approved version, and the scandalous "true" story by an anonymous author. It's touches like that that help make the world feel like a living place.