If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I kinda want to ask if anyone's interested in a D&D game

Comments

• edited 2011-07-12 22:00:59
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @Cygan: I was figuring I would start with a simple, quick adventure to make sure we have a workable system, yes. Even if that uses the same characters as I would use for a longer campaign, I wasn't going to make something very involved at first.

@IanExMachina: What do you have going on in September? You're not still a student, are you? Not that I would tell you to forsake whatever it is for the sake of an online RP; I'm just curious.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Nope it would be an educational based job( Well I hope otherwise sadly unemployed for ever, but I'm basing it on school terms as I'm no giving up my jobhunt. also It is 4am I really need sleep, G'night)
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Oh, right.

Good night.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
     I was figuring I would start with a simple, quick adventure to make sure we have a workable system, yes. Even if that uses the same characters as I would use for a longer campaign, I wasn't going to make something very involved at first.

OK.

PM me if you need someone to plan logistics or whatever, like, the layouts of cities, or NPC's or whatever. I'll be around to help out players.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:07:51
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'd be willing to do pbp. I think my parents would get pissed if I did something on irc at a regular time again, so if y'all go with that, I'm out.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:11:00
    So, looking at who's interested or has expressed interest without at the same time pulling out:

1. Everest
    2. Counterclock
    3. @Forzare (GET OVER HERE!)
    4. delta534
    5. INUH (only for PbP, though, which I was thinking looked best anyway (so would mine, INUH. I know that feel, bro))
    Additional help, even if not playing: Cygan

If we do get more players, I'm capping it at six. No more than that. Therefore there are, at most, two more slots. GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT, FOLKS!
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:10:09
    Belief
    (Mr. Snuggles, My Cat, has expressed interest in playing, I pat him on the head and told him about the game, and he looked at me like I was stupid for not knowing that he'd immediately join)

>_>, I don't know why I wrote that actually.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:23:32
    Tell Mr. Snuggles he's welcome.

Okay, so now that we have four players and a DM (though who's doing what is still up for debate (I hope)), we should decide if we're restricting ourselves to core or if, and which, other books are allowed, and which specific features of other books are out, if any (for example, as a result of my current meatspace campaign, I'm rather averse to, say, the Lance + Spirited Charge, etc. build. Though if anyone wants to make it, go ahead. >.>).

Also, while I've sort of been setting this up, I've been talking rather presumptuously, as if I were the set DM. INUH, would you like the honors? >.> Or we could share. Or maybe another player will hop in. And I might not cap at six after all. Or the other DM might be like "fuck six as the limit" anyway. Or both DMs. Or . . . I'll stop now.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hm. Not entirely sure I'd be up for it. There's a published adventure I've been meaning to run, but it's more appropriate for Halloween season and only works with a specific party size.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    3. @Forzare (GET OVER HERE!)

AHHH I'M HERE NOW I'M SORRY I WAS PLAYING TF2
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:28:18
    I'm trying to think of other players who might want in, especially if the format is different. So far I can think of DYRE and maybe Chagen (as you will recall, he was unable to make the Jammies game due to his grades slipping and parents hassling him and all that), and I think having either or both of them would be fun. Anyone else?

^Oh, I didn't want to rush you out of anything. Just making sure you saw that and weren't going to be like "Everest doesn't want me here, so I'll stay out becuz I's a N00B!" or something.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:29:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Nah, I was just having entirely too much fun with my new Huntsman in Medieval mode.

But I'm done now.
    Hm. You know, maybe I would be interested in DMing. I think I could run a group with up to five players for what I'm thinking of, though if more expressed interest, I suppose I could do something else.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:38:16
    Oh, and I remembered maybe funnyguts would be interested, but she's not on that often.

And I think I might have an idea for that level 6 gestalt campaign, but if you have another idea, we could collaborate still, like we did with the Jammies game, and use that instead.

I can get started on a character at any time, for either style. And I might still be up for DMing at some point. We could co-DM.
    Tell ya what. I'll PM you about the thing I'm looking at.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    That works too.
  • Glaives are better.

3.5, Pathfinder, 4e or AD&D? I can do 4e or Pathfinder now, and can do 3.5 and AD&D when I get back to my home state.

Also, I'll need a setting and basic outline of who's playing in order for me to know what kind of character to create. I've been wanting to try out a NE human Fighter concept I've been playing around with, although I could also play a LG Paladin or Cleric.

• edited 2011-07-12 22:46:12
    3.5 was what we've been agreeing on so far. How long before you're back in your home state? Although considering we're doing pbp, you could probably hop in at just about any time, unless INUH has other ideas.

And yeah, once a setting and outline have been decided, and we know which books, we'll figure out characters.
    Man that Pm took forever to type by phone. And it's pretty unlikely that that idea will end up happening, given the party size constraint.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:54:56
    Glaives are better.

I won't be back for a couple of weeks. But I've got the SRD for 3.5, and if I'm not going to play a caster then I won't really need much more. 

EDIT: If anyone has a copy of the pdf, though, could you post it on Filedropper and give a link? I don't think it's actually illegal to copy an out of print book, but I'm a bit paranoid about it.

It's not legal, just unenforced.

And if you own a copy, it's legal as a backup.
  • Glaives are better.
    Oh. Good. I own two hard copies already.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Man that Pm took forever to type by phone. And it's pretty unlikely that that idea will end up happening, given the party size constraint.

:<
    Everest pointed out that it's modifiable for different party sizes.

Yay, I might finally get to run this thing ^_^
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:11:10
    We've decided that there's actually a simple fix to the party size constraint, by the way. So the adventure should still be good to go.

Ninja'd.

I will trust INUH to divulge the rest of the information necessary, as the DM for this adventure. Though it is partly to test the pbp format and make sure we can even run anything as such. If we can, we may end up moving onto my idea if everyone's cool with that. Though that might require that I DM. In any case, I'll be asking for everyone to give the DM, whoever that is, ideas.
    I have lots of ideas, but I dunno which are suitable, as I dunno the basic idea :/
  • I roll Pun-Pun.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:15:15
    ^^ Well, admittedly, INUH's adventure gives me time to think of a larger continuity for the game that we would hopefully be successful in running afterwards.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:18:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Okay, info you'll need to know about the adventure:

Level one. Any core class is fine, ask about noncore stuff, I'll probably allow it.

Your character backstories have to allow them to have relatives. They don't have to be on good terms with you or anything, but they need to exist.

And a caveat: the primary antagonist in this adventure cannot be defeated in combat under any circumstances. If you try, you have pretty low survival odds. Though you'll be fine if you just think.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:24:19
    Glaives are better.

What level are we starting on?

Edit: Crap, didn't see that.