If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Would you be okay with being the pet of a member of a species with superior intelligence?

Comments

• Okay, this will probably discredit my argument horribly, and it was kinda stupid, but it was supposed to be similar to the Nazi idea of Untermenschen.
  • You can change. You can.
    Okay, this will probably discredit my argument horribly, and it was kinda stupid, but it was supposed to be similar to the Nazi idea of Untermenschen.

Yup, I'm gonna leave this thread now. Don't want to get banned.
  • Okay, I guess the question I wanted to ask was answered in hatter's first post here.

Fuck Damn forced breeding to hell.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:57:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ what the hell are you talking about now

^^ I wish I was as smart as you.
  • Glaives are better.

I wouldn't mind being owned, so long as I had some freedom. All social contracts are essentially some balance between personal freedom and safety. Being a pet would be pretty much the same as being a subject of a government, except you wouldn't have to fight or pay taxes.

• Forzare: I'm not sure myself. That was a lapse of jugdement.

I'm going to edit it now.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I wouldn't want to be a pet, simply because a pet doesn't actually decide its own living conditions.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    But when you're in a debate like this, Chagen, could you please refrain from assuming the people you don't agree with are gibbering retards with something literally wrong with them?  It's... grating.
  • Thank you, Wicked, for summing up my argument much more eloquently.
  • Because Benevolent Aliens that have studied humans and can communicate with you won't be able to provide you with a good home?

• Glaives are better.
    But Edmania, the alternative is forced semen extraction via spiked suction funnel.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:00:36
    Tableflipper
    What Wicked said sounds quite different from what Chagen is saying...

^Where the hell did that alternative come from?
  • "Because Benevolent Aliens that have studied humans and can communicate with you won't be able to provide you with a good home?"

The question is not whether or not they can give you a good home.

It's whether or not you want that home in the first place.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    And I'm ignored again.  What a shock.

I don't know why I even bother talking to you.
  • What Wicked said sounds quite different from what Chagen is saying...
  • You can change. You can.
    Because Benevolent Aliens that have studied humans and can communicate with you won't be able to provide you with a good home?

It's not whether it is good or bad. But it's whether they want you to be living on those particular conditions. You don't get a say on that.

Personally, if they let me be human, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, don't care.
  • Is it bad that a large part of me being okay with being a pet is dependent on the owner's appearance?
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:03:34
    Belief
    "
    It's whether or not you want that home in the first place."

Why not?

They obviously have superior technology, they could probably cure most human diseases in a week
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Because Benevolent Aliens that have studied humans and can communicate with you won't be able to provide you with a good home?

what Chagen said.
  • Well if you can communicate with them you could ask for them to fit your preferences...
  • If this supposed alien invasion were to happen, I would band up and form a resistance group long before they ever took me alive.

If failure is absolutely inevitable, then I have only one tenet--we would all meet up, and commit mass Seppuku. They will only have our dead bodies. 

Only our dead bodies.
  • If they're advanced enough (and, as has been thoroughly said,
    benevolent), they should know what you want, probably better than you
    do.

Of course, there's the thing about choice possibly having an intrinsic value, but big deal.
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:05:47
    Tableflipper
    ^^Why would you use one of the more painful methods? And we don't know if they have the power of resurrection or not...
  • Oh by the way.

These Aliens can resurrect the dead.

Just a little fyi.
  • What do you think the aliens would think of Humans?

See here (there are four species, darklings (dark chocolate skin & large pointy ears), grey elves, goblins (smaller ears), and locust faeries)

• "Why would you use one of the more painful methods?"

Honor.

There is no Honor in Death without Pain.
    You'll be dead.  What do you care?

Also, suicide doesn't get you into heaven.
  • "These Aliens can resurrect the dead.

Just a little fyi. "

Then we will destroy our bodies in some way that will leave that utterly impossible.

They can't subvert the laws of physics.
  • Wait where did it say the aliens had the power to revive others in this thread before aside from what Counterclock just said?

/too lazy to find out myself
  • "You'll be dead.  What do you care?

Also, suicide doesn't get you into heaven."

Others will know. They will know our pain, our suffering, our fight for freedom. And they will be enlightened of the Truth. The truth that they are nothing but toys to these "benevolent" aliens. 

This discussion has been closed.