If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Would you be okay with being the pet of a member of a species with superior intelligence?

Comments

• Glaives are better.
    I'm assuming that the purpose of any such breeding would be to create stronger, smarter or simply more attractive breeds of human. So I'd be either boning supermodels, athletic chicks or geeky girls. Probably the last, since, given my dazzling intellect, I'd be the perfect stud for a new breed of hyperintelligent, hypersarcastic human.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:35:57
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    That looks pretty good. Now I'm curious as to Chaggy's response.

In fact, I should take that over to OTC.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:39:13
    [tɕagɛn]
    Fine, I will.

Loss of freedom is horrible because your own ability to make actions is taken away from you. You no longer are alive, in a philosophical sense. I will not have some alien, however advanced, make my decisions for me. Fuck that, and fuck that alien. A master makes decisions for its slaves--I will not have anyone such as myself make decisions for me.

I will not submit to a slaveholder. I will not have them monitor everything I do, anything against the norm resulting in heavy punishment. I will not have my god-given intelligence torn from me, my very humanity raped and assualted, to be a plaything for a higher creature. God gave me this body. He gave me freedom. And I will fucking kill anyone who dares to take it from me.

You may see yourselves in absolute freedom and luxury. But I see you and myself as in bonds greater than humanity has ever faced. You may be free, but you are, in reality, living a shallow mockery of life that is no more free than the life of a prisoner.

I will fight for the right to not be owned.

I will fucking slaughter anyone who tries to make me their pet.

And if I don't succeed....better to die a free man, than a slave.
  • Hey, I think I can do it.

free·dom

[free-duhm] Show IPA
    –noun
    the state of being free  or at liberty not a slave rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
    2. exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
    3. the power to determine action without restraint.
  • "you're own ability"

WISR

(Just kidding.)
  • "So Chagen, how's the view from way up there on your high horse?"

It's not a high horse when we're dealing with humanity being made the slaves of a higher race.

No.

No.

Those who think they will do that to me will find that I will gladly make myself a martyr.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    >Freedom
    >Free
    >ability
    >God-given

• I hadn't seen your post until after I finished that one, Anonym.
  • (I don't think they're going to select Chagen for participation in the breeding program for hyperintelligence in humans.)
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    ^^Oh, OK.
  • I suggest thumping that, I don't want to see people getting banned over this.
  • Chagen, you're already signing a contract with the government to give up some of your freedoms for the protection and services the government can provide you.

Do you not realize this?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Ninja'd before I even posted. Thank you, Stormtroper.

Seriously, though, am I gonna have to start thumping more people?
  • I'd rather be philosophically dead than, you know, actually dead.
  • I still don't know what the fuck is wrong with you people.

You are degrading your own fucking species to the levels of mere animals. You are acting as if it's okay for somebody else to degrade you, to dehumanize you, TO FUCKING STRIP YOU OF EVERYTHING THAT MAKES US WHAT WE ARE.

How can you support such heinous acts against the glorious Human Race?
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:43:56
    Glaives are better.

But Hatter shall dick every hot scientist from Beijing to Bemidji.

ALL HAIL THE MASTER RACE.

Chuggles, we'd still be humans. We'd still act the way we already do. We'd just have aliens coming by every so often to take us to the vet, give us a cuddle and make videos of us doing adorable human things and putting them on their version of the internet. Don't you want to see lolhumans?

"I IN UR PLANET, BURNIN UR FOSSIL FULES"

• edited 2011-07-12 22:43:40
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    BECAUSE CHAGEN KNOWS BEST

I'd rather be alive than dead.  Especially as this topic is describing something where we're be well taken care of and happy-ish, not working in a coal mine.
  • anything against the norm resulting in heavy punishment

The aliens are explicitly stated to be benevolent.  While that doesn't mean you can't ever be punished of course, it does make me wonder why you're assuming they're so quick to dish out heavy punishments.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:44:52
    [tɕagɛn]
    "'d rather be alive than dead.  Especially as this topic is describing something where we're be well taken care of and happy-ish, not working in a coal mine."

Oh my god.

Do I really have to say "you're being owned" again?

And I would rather die in honor than be stripped of everything that makes me a member of the glorious Human Race.
  • No, you need to say something that explains why that trumps over everything else.
  • "Chuggles, we'd still be humans. We'd still act the way we already do. We'd just have aliens coming by every so often to take us to the vet, give us a cuddle and make videos of us doing adorable human things and putting them on their version of the internet. Don't you want to see lolhumans?"

I don't care.

I don't fucking care.

You're. Still. Being. Owned.

YOU'RE. STILL. BEING. FUCKING. OWNED.
  • Ok, So, Let's rerail this real quick for a second.

What do you think the Aliens(FUCK IT, I"M FUCKING CALLING THEM ALIENS, IT WASn'T DECIDED THEY WERE ALIENS BUT I'M DOING IT ANYWAY.)

Would think of Humans?

Like, which pet could we draw a comparison too, in human terms?
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:58:32
    [tɕagɛn]
    "No, you need to say something that explains why that trumps over everything else."

Because I will not let someone else degrade me to the level of dogs, cats, mice, and other underspecies..

I will not be a number. I will not be sold for a price. I'm a fucking human made in the image of God almighty, god fucking dammit.

• edited 2011-07-12 22:49:58
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

YOU'RE. STILL. BEING. FUCKING. OWNED

I think that's been established at this point.

We're not all as bumfuck retarded as you seem to think we are, Chagen.

Unterart ("under species").

• edited 2011-07-12 22:50:27
    [tɕagɛn]
    I assumed most people wouldn't know that "Art" means species in German. And I like to clarify things.
  • So when did this breeding talk start, exactly?
  • @Ed, When Hatter joined the thread it seems, /shrug.

I'm trying to discuss the matter, but most people want to move a stone wall with their fists, I don't know why.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:52:47
    I meant that using german there was exactly as necessary as using Keikaku in a fansub.

And you ignored what I was actually saying.  Stop doing that.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:54:00
    You can change. You can.
    I assumed most people wouldn't know that "Art" means species in German. And I like to clarify things.

then why not just say "Underspecies" like a normal person? 

Damn it, Forzaninja.
  • edited 2011-07-12 22:55:32
    Yeah, I think I can live with that.

Regardless, losing my freedom will not degrade me to a dog's or whatever level, I'm still "above" them (and the aliens above me, even if I kept it). Sure, it's nice and everything, but it's not an intrinsical part of what a human is.
This discussion has been closed.