If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2014-06-11 18:06:31
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

FYI, a bunch of anime-related sites have been hacked, so you may want to consider changing passwords that have been used in those places:

http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/27onlv/mangatraders_has_been_hacked/

also MyAnimeList, Anime News Network, AniDB, bakaupdates,...

• edited 2014-06-11 18:16:10
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> watched episode 7 of Coppelion

next time on Coppelion: apparently, an uncertain insane railgun.

• Destined for infinity or a miracle...

Hello people. It figures I'd flock to this part of the site huh.

> watched episode 7 of Coppelion

Does it get any better? I dropped it around the third episode because the drama piled up and they wouldn't stop crying. Also, I love HanaKana and all, but girl needs to use another voice, or at least, the directors should let her use another one.

She was great as Nadeko. I really wish she'd do more roles like that.

"Better" is sorta subjective, because I've now finished the series and I find I'm liking it more than I expected, based on the rather negative reviews of it that I've read.  I think it started off awkwardly but now that I'm done I think it's rather intriguing and thought-provoking and memorable.

And I don't know whom Hana Kanazawa voices.  Aoi, maybe?  All I know of Hana Kanazawa is that she voices Eri Mizutani from iM@S and some character from one of the -monogatari series.

• Destined for infinity or a miracle...

I think I've heard her songs in im@s, precog and crossword come to mind.

As much as I love her, once you've heard one role of hers, you've heard them all. Though, in small doses, she's absolutely adorable. Unfortunately, we haven't been getting "small doses" of her in recent years. The industry's been cramming her down people's throats, which has kinda become a source of backlash for her. She's more or less become overexposed at this point.

Still, I'm still taken with her and will continue to support her. I will brave those shipping fees.

In other news, I blame Coppelion for my looking up youtube videos about the Chernobyl and Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disasters.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

She was great as Nadeko. I really wish she'd do more roles like that.

>Only HanaKan role I actually remember so I can't really judge

She's more or less become overexposed at this point.

This happens to a couple of seiyuu every couple of years. Right now it's her, Uchida Maaya, Sawashiro Miyuki and KitaEri. Kind of like how Mizuki Nana was in everything and then she disappeared for a while (I think she actually did nothing between Symphogear G and Nobunaga Concerto).

Iunno if I like her approach (in contrast to the oversaturation thing I guess?), I like to have my favoraites be in stuff because it keeps them close to mind and I don't know if this makes me possibly short-minded but I think that's when she stopped being one of my favoraite seiyuu (that and the absolute sparseness of Agematsu composed songs on SUPERNAL LIBERTY).

• edited 2014-06-15 06:19:31
    Destined for infinity or a miracle...

It's the opposite for me. Hanakana's still one of my favorites, but my support's nothing near what it was a year or two ago. I'm just a bit tired of her voice, which I don't think is a problem for Nana Mizuki fans. She has fantastic range after all, Nana that is. Touyama Nao's edging her way to the top on my list, her stint as Chitoge convinced me of her flexibility.

her approach

I think it's less of her wanting to wait for things to smooth over, and more of her just getting less popular due to age. She's in her 30s now if I remember correctly, and the new VAs are trickling in. Nana has some roles in long-running shows I presume.

I think another example of "oversaturation" is Yuki Kaiji. The Eren Jaeger scream's getting on my nerves. Amusingly enough, he's been rumored to be dating HanaKana.

The last Nana album I heard was Rockbound Neighbors. Anything good to say about the things released after that? Apart from Vitalization, I enjoyed that.

She's in her 30s now if I remember correctly, and the new VAs are trickling in.

She's much younger than Horie Yui or Tamura Yukari, both of whom who are maintaining their careers. I think she might be trying to break from acting alltogether since her music career is so wildly successful (what with her actual crossover appeal).

Nana has some roles in long-running shows I presume.

Naruto and Toriko, I think, but they're both minor roles.

Vitalization was the only thing released between ROCKBOUND NEIGHBORS and SUPERNAL LIBERTY (caaaaaps). Unless you count the joint singles with T.M.Revolution. The new album is worth listening to, but it's just a bit different (Also it has a wonderful eclectic piece composed by Nana herself, Appasionato).

• edited 2014-06-16 10:12:28

Between the two Symphogear OPs -- Synchrogazer and Vitalization, both Nana Mizuki songs -- I still prefer Synchrogazer more.  While both are ridiculously flashy, Synchrogazer feels like it has more sense of direction.  And it's not just because it's G, or because I like Gekko no Ken more than Vitalization.

Also, I blame the Nanoha series and you, fourteenwings, for making me a Nana Mizuki fan.

(Also it has a wonderful eclectic piece composed by Nana herself, Appasionato).

Hmm, I'm interested now.  Curious what her own compositional style is like.

Also, I recently spent basically an entire night marathoning a 26-episode series.  whyhaveidonethis.png

Buddyfight delayed because of the World Cup.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I also like Synchrogazer more, but just because I like songs which I've memorized to the last t more <_<

• edited 2014-06-16 20:44:50

Elemental Gelade is giving me Eureka Seven vibes.  Ordinary guy who wants to be one of the big boys meets mysterious emotionless girl who gives him incredible power and allows him to save the day (somewhat, at least).

This is only through 2 of 26 though.

• edited 2014-06-20 14:17:49

Animated Garo oh my

• Everything this season has ended disappointingly so far.

Except Ping Pong, but I wouldn't know. I've never not marathoned a Yuasa show. You just can't wait a week at a time for that.

Wait, "Ping Pong" is an actual anime series and not just a name someone threw at me for the sake of a joke?

• Ping Pong the Animation, to be more precise. Probably named thusly for copyright reasons.

I'd recommend it purely on the basis that it's directed by the guy who did Kemonozume/Kaiba/Tatami Galaxy. He's good. People on /a/ who aren't NGNL obsessed weirdos reckon it's AOTS.

Have you seen Kaiba and/or Tatami Gaaxy? If not, you should reconsider your priorities~

• edited 2014-06-20 20:44:33
    lah laah lah

Obligatory Kaiba shilling addendum.

• edited 2014-06-21 00:55:16
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Everything this season has ended disappointingly so far.

Obviously, it's Spring!

Everybody complains about Summer being a waste but Spring has been off two years in a row while Summer has fun stuff.

you should reconsider your priorities~

>priorities

>IJBM

• edited 2014-06-21 01:04:37
    lah laah lah

Oh I've always liked Summer. Last year had Rozen Maiden, Prism Illya, CROWDS, The Karen Show Kiniro Mosaic, Monogatari S3.5, Watamote, Symphogear G, Silver Spoon and Tanookis. It was the least anime has died since 2011.

In last Spring's favour though; it had Railguns, Majestic Princes, KURAIMO EJI, Maou-samas and 8man. It wasn't a bad season by any means.

This season started off strong for me but has been kind of disappointing.

sad

It wasn't a bad season by any means.

Counterpoint: Fantasista Doll, Gargantia. But maybe I just watched all the wrong things.

The Karen Show Kiniro Mosaic

I think you find you meant The Alice Show.

• edited 2014-06-21 01:26:32
    lah laah lah

Y-you didn't like Fantasista Doll?! (I'll give you episodes 5+ of Gargantia)

And no, I know what I meant!

I am so terribly confused with how to embed youtube videos on this site. I literally did it earlier tonight and it's not doing it now!

• edited 2014-06-21 01:24:25
    a little muffled

It has to be a youtube.com URL, not youtu.be, and it has to be the first line of the post.

•  

Nyktos wrote:

It has to be a youtube.com URL, not youtu.be, and it has to be the first line of the post.

Thank you very much!

Y-you didn't like Fantasista Doll?! (I'll give you episodes 5+ of Gargantia)

Fantasista Doll didn't have enough of anything after episode 2 (aside from the opening which is one of the best OPs from last year).

In fact, Spring has been pretty great for music. fripSide, Takagaki Ayahi, PSYCHIC LOVER, yanaginagi, Wakeshima Kanon and the upcoming Aikatsu! mini-album.

It also does have one saving grace; even though WIXOSS wasn't the most solid so far I feel like it was Okada actually trying to write a thing I wanted to care about and doing it as best she could. I'm really looking forward to the second half in the fall.

• edited 2014-06-21 02:04:12

People on /a/ who aren't NGNL obsessed weirdos reckon it's AOTS.

Every person who knows what they're talking about says it's AOTS except maybe Jojo or Mushishi fans. (NGNL fans don't count as knowing what they're talking about or as people)

I guess, to be fair, I haven't watched absolutely everything else this season, but honestly it was amazing and I'm pretty confident nothing else this entire year will come anywhere close.

EDIT: Except Nandaka Velonica which was perfect in every way, obviously.

• Fantasista Doll didn't have enough of anything after episode 2 (aside from the opening which is one of the best OPs from last year).

It was a good natured doofy fun show. I have trouble expressing what I liked about it, but there was a charm there that appealed to me. It's like a jolly old man who trips over himself a lot and howls with laughter about it.

It also does have one saving grace; even though WIXOSS wasn't the most solid so far I feel like it was Okada actually trying to write a thing I wanted to care about and doing it as best she could. I'm really looking forward to the second half in the fall.

ehhhhhhhhh

It wasn't the trainwreck I wanted. It had one absolutely golden Okada Mari moment at the end, but other than that it was kind of lackluster.Spread looks promising, though my main issue will always be the arbitary battles and I don't think I'll ever get past that.

Every person who knows what they're talking about says it's AOTS except maybe Jojo or Mushishi fans. (NGNL fans don't count as knowing what they're talking about or as people)

Yeah, I'll prioritize it over Mushishi after I've caught up with Atelier and (urgh) M3.

AOTS for me so far is Brynhildr and I don't know how because I started off loathing it (And Elfen Lied is the worst anime I ever say all the way through). It's just around episode 3 I learned to laugh at it and never really stopped. The endlessly clumsy humour juxtaposed with the 2edgy4me story is very endearing somehow.

• Brynhildr is for sure one of the most fun experiences I'm having watching anime this season and I'm sad that it will end so soon. If nothing else, it has consistently failed to disappoint which is more than I can say about WIXOSS or Nanana or Sidonia or Gochiusa or even Jojo (as sexy as Dio is, I'd rather see him actually doing cool evil vampire stuff than just standing in the dark shirtless, and within the first 8 episodes the team rarely actually acts like a team and they kind of just keep getting split up and having episodes alone all the time. But it probably gets better so I'll stick with it).

• Nanana was pretty awful. I grew to seriously dislike it about halfway through, but I have far too much free time to drop an eleven episode show.

Jojo part 3 drags horribly. I remember the manga getting much better once they actually arrive in Egypt but that won't be until about episode 24 or so.

Part 4 is where it's at. I'll buy every volume of part 3 if it'll help fund a part 4. I need Yoshikage Kira in my quiet life.

It wasn't the trainwreck I wanted.

Well, yeah, I meant that Okada was trying and it was turning out somewhat well.

Also even though Okada is obviously so into MtG that she never played WIXOSS the director (and probably the one guy who wrote the battle bits) did make them exciting and liveable. The battles had such a synergy to them.

For example, Hitoe's first battle against Akira, or Iona and Ruuko's first battle and the battle where Yuzuki becomes Mugen Shoujo. You could feel their emotions (though Yuzuki's was one sided, having her communicate with Hanayo all the way through was great).

Also I can't say Okada without thinking of the wrestler who does CMs for Buddyfight. Okadash!

who aren't NGNL obsessed weirdos

I get that Suzuki Konomi is great but the single came out ages ago.