If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

1230231232233234236»

Comments

• I learned about the Brazilian politician who tried to make anime real:

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    >have an anison group
    >be famous for writing oddly similar songs
    >replace the vocalist
    >release literally the exact same songs but with the new vocalists

Being sat (from fripSide) must be good.
  • Related: I've always thought English dubs sound super weird and "singy".
    (If it wasn't clear, I meant anime English dubs.)
    Finally I read a sensible answer as to why, it's that goofy cartoon tone.
    In most places most dubbed content is English based (mostly the US), but whereas in most places that would include live-action shows and films, in English-speaking places it means mostly just animation and by extension, the archetypical goofy animation, so there's an asymmetry in experience when it comes to dubbing characters that aren't supposed to sound funny (even if they're still hammy stuff aimed at children).
    Obviously I only know a few languages to make a good comparison, but on the other hand I don't speak most languages so they don't count.
  • edited 2024-02-09 03:18:46
    So I watched Bocchi the Rock!, "Bocchi is literally me fr fr" is a meme but it's also absolutely true.
    So, image dump if you aren't like me and haven't got funny faces spammed in your recommendations everywhere:
    mzLAbUM.png
    ylITgPG.png
    jyjCcJA.png
    CT5ElRo.jpg
    0ZNSKxR.jpg
    And for good measure:
    TXHXx1L.png
    gXIEhyI.jpg
  • Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably end up watching it.
    I've been somewhat less obsessed with Danganronpa lately, what with not finding more works to feed said obsession. Perhaps Akudama Drive will change that.
    It only took me three years and change to watch it. It started quite goofy but got more serious halfway through. I thought it was building up to something I was going to dislike but a lot happened during the last episode and it made me feel emotions.
    It's not the only thing I've watched but more on that later.
    Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball and the illustrator for many iconic Square-Enix RPGs such as Chrno Trigger and the Dragon Quest series, has passed away.

This is particularly sad because he had two entire new anime for his franchises, Dragon Ball and new critical darling (in movie form at least) Sand Land, on the way.

Personally I'm most familiar with his work on Chrno Trigger and some dabbling in Dragon Quest, but I know he played a key role in many anime and game fans' lives.

He was one of those guys that was kind of just eternal in some sense, and I guess he at least ended up living the dream and not dying 'young'.
  • edited 2024-03-10 13:10:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Pardon me for not being more familiar with things, but is the character with the snifit mask some sort of personal icon for Toriyama, such as taken from a self-portrait or something?

Also I got a chuckle from seeing the misspelling "Chrno Trigger". (That was the misspelling Chrono Crusade was infamous for!)
    As far as I'm concerned that's the actual name of the series.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Update: apparently that "snifit mask" (specifically, robot with a gas mask) is how he's drawn himself before.
  • Wizards Of The Coast hasn't stopped doing animu stuff:

Now that I look at earlier posts I see that I never posted Wilds of Eldraine's animu trailer either, so:

In other stuff, I've actually watched some stuff earlier this year that I'm dragging my feet about posting here.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    i've been watching some amines and mangú anime and manga myself this year, though it's been on the back burner lately since i've been really busy with volunteer stuff lately