If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Definitely not, especially since I already mentioned that I'd only seen the one other show (I guess I did see Dark of the Moon, but I've been trying to erase that memory). I was referring to the animation quality.

Oh. I thought by "I haven't seen a Transformers anime since...", you were specifically referring to Japanese Transformers. Also, I found Dark of the Moon at least better than Revenge of the Fallen, because a) it's not as much of a mess and b) it actually demonstrates a good grasp of the source material. The story was pretty much an update of a few multi-part episodes from the '80s.

but am preoccupied with Symphpogear G delusions fantasies.

Okay, I'm kinda curious as to what they involve.

Also, wow MAL users are terrible.

How is it that the site even allows you to put "completed" for a show that hasn't started yet? I also hear there's the problem of people "reviewing" shows that haven't started.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't see why it's so surprising that computer code that allows you to set "completed" status on series that aren't finished yet.  I mean, you're allowed to do it for series that are finished.  The computer does not inherently understand a concept of time; all it does is process the data it's told, and it's easier for the coder to write code for completed status and apply it to everything than to write code for completed status and then write code to disable the completed status code (if completed = true is selected) if the end date of the series is still a question mark or is a date that when converted to full numeric form is numerically greater than [query current date].

Instead of complaining about the coders, you should use this bug as a feature.  It's a feature that tells you who the idiots are.

Also, that profile pic shows the person has finished ten series, and is watching 42.  Okay, that's not really a big deal.  The big surprise, though, is the sheer number of plan-to-watch series, which is well over two thousand.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I really wish KyoAni would go back to just animating successful games/manga/LNs and not only animating their own publications or original series.

I will agree with this sentiment, but not to worry since Kyoukai no Kanata is a thing that is upcoming. I want to maybe sort of like free, but the only positive thing about it I can see for now is "Bishounen!". I'm not expecting much else and I feel like whatever much else there will be will be just sort of decent.

Now that I actually look at how Chuu2 came to fruition I notice that there was a serious push for it to be a success... (which it sort of is, I guess)

Okay, I'm kinda curious as to what they involve.

Grandpa Kazanari showing up in flashbacks and a Genjuro character arc featuring Chris. Tsubasa's mind being preoccupied with trying to ressurect Kanade since it was possible for her and Chris to come back. Hibiki getting used to living off the grid dince she's supposed to be dead. The mysterious new scientist who will be assigned to division 2. Mikugear (Not Hatsune), etc...

Also, I found Dark of the Moon at least better than Revenge of the Fallen, because a) it's not as much of a mess and b) it actually demonstrates a good grasp of the source material.

My main problem with it was the 30+ minute action scene.

@FreeMAL: I like how 14 people have already dropped it.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Is anyone else watching DeSu 2? The game makes more sense right?

It's basically Eva: SMT Edition. The anime is more based on the manga than the game anyway.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Oooooo

Sailor Moon was delayed, now everyone can stop talking about it (also shallow victory regarding how Answerman pretended that having no PVs for a series starting in a season is completely normal).

• Also, that profile pic shows the person has finished ten series, and is watching 42.  Okay, that's not really a big deal.  The big surprise, though, is the sheer number of plan-to-watch series, which is well over two thousand.

That's the stats page for Free!, an anime which won't air until July, that has 72 people who gave it a 10 and 2 people who claim to have finished watching it.

Also, perplexingly, a number of people who gave it something other than a 10 or 1.

• Also, wow MAL users are terrible.

Doesn't MAL drop all ratings from people who watched less than 5 episodes after the series finishes? That would obviously lead to biased samples.

• edited 2013-04-27 07:13:12

The series hasn't even started yet.

And yeah, in general it does result in bias toward high ratings especially for really long series.  It's actually 1/5 of the series, not 5 episodes, so if you have a 200 episode series, you need to watch 40 episodes for your vote to count, after which point you almost definitely like it or you would have dropped it sooner.

Though the alternative is every show getting a bunch of 1s from people who watched half of the first episode before realizing they don't like the genre or whatever.

• The series hasn't even started yet.

Welp.

Though the alternative is every show getting a bunch of 1s from people who watched half of the first episode before realizing they don't like the genre or whatever.

Yeah... I guess they could add a weighting system or something, but who knows what that would lead to.

• Grandpa Kazanari showing up in flashbacks and a Genjuro character arc featuring Chris.

That reminds me. Is Chris x Genjuro somehow a thing?

Tsubasa's mind being preoccupied with trying to ressurect Kanade since it was possible for her and Chris to come back.

I thought with Chris and Tsubasa, it wasn't so much a resurrection as their bodies weren't completely obliterated.

Hibiki getting used to living off the grid dince she's supposed to be dead.

She's not really supposed to be dead. The grave doesn't even have her name anyway, so I'm guessing the government was didn't specifically say she died.

Mikugear (Not Hatsune), etc...

I don't think Miku is really hero material, honestly. Actually, I still wish they'd just do a new cast, since the concept can pretty easily allow for that.

Is Chris x Genjuro somehow a thing?

If you are asking "Has at least one person done it?", yes.

Speaking of Miku...IJBM: Miku Hatsune's fashion sense.  It's horrible.

• GMH: Fashionista Extraordinaire

Well, she's wearing a tie, a sleeveless vest, detached sleeves, and a skirt.

• Well, yes, it's definitely silly, but it's obviously trying to capture the Idol feel (and idol fashion is pretty silly itself) while also being "futuristic". Also, since it's a very stylized drawing, there's a variety of accessories and palettes that sound silly on paper but kinda' work when you look at them (which is why Nomura is still FF's character designer despite the fact that the mere idea of his characters' outfits is ridiculous when said out loud).

My comment was just a bit of snark, since I don't think most people here (myself included) have a strong fashion sense beyond knowing to wear matching socks.

Well, we generally have decent conventional fashion sense -- for example, you won't put on a buttoned shirt tucked into black trousers when you want to convey an air of informality, and you probably won't wear jeans and a printed t-shirt if you're giving a formal presentation.

Also, detached sleeves are stupid.

• Also, detached sleeves are stupid.

Nope.

• Well, we generally have decent conventional fashion sense -- for example, you won't put on a buttoned shirt tucked into black trousers when you want to convey an air of informality, and you probably won't wear jeans and a printed t-shirt if you're giving a formal presentation.

That's barely above matching socks. Also, as you said, it's conventional, a lot of fashion doesn't deal with that; most of the dresses that are considered haute couture, for example, are unfit for everything but a runway.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

a77ef1bebe73ba40d70508b55132eba8.jpg

Talk shit about detached sleeves, I double dog dare you

^^ Which would suggest that Miku's fashion sense is good for showing off and not for actual wearing.  Which I guess makes it good fashion, if stuff in fashion shows is anything to go by.

^ link is broken, so detached sleeves still suck (except ones that are actually gloves)

• Which would suggest that Miku's fashion sense is good for showing off and not for actual wearing.

Which makes sense, given that she's supposed to be, again, an idol singer.

Not that I think that vocaloid as a whole isn't a complete waste of time whose popularity was somehow bolstered by weird yuri fans.

• edited 2013-04-27 18:15:40

Yuri isn't especially popular and its fans have relatively little market influence, so it's pretty unlikely that yuri fans did much for Vocaloid's popularity.

EDIT: Or, well, so it seems based on the fact that there is basically no yuri anime that gets made ever.  But then that's also true of yaoi and I woudn't really say the same thing about yaoi.  Still, there really doesn't seem to be much otaku stuff that's popular because of yuri fans, as opposed to stuff that just happens to also be very popular with yuri fans.

• edited 2013-04-27 18:08:13
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, they have given a chance at public exposure (of the good kind) for aspiring songwriters who can't find someone with a good voice to sing their compositions.  On par that's a very good thing.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Detached sleeves don't suck, man. >:/
  • You can change. You can.

only if you live in like 1997

• edited 2013-04-28 00:34:19
    There is love everywhere, I already know

That reminds me. Is Chris x Genjuro somehow a thing?

D:

I thought with Chris and Tsubasa, it wasn't so much a resurrection as their bodies weren't completely obliterated.

I mean even though it's not exactly possible she still ponders over it anyways.

She's not really supposed to be dead. The grave doesn't even have her name anyway, so I'm guessing the government was didn't specifically say she died.

But she's M.I.A and revealing that she's still alive would make the Japanese government lose the upper hand of still owning the Symphogear system and everybody thinking it was destroyed.

I don't think Miku is really hero material, honestly. Actually, I still wish they'd just do a new cast, since the concept can pretty easily allow for that.

Then we need Twins who do duets!

• a little muffled
    I have a seven-hour flight coming up and I can't sleep on planes. Someone suggest a thirteen(ish) episode series I can binge on.
  • edited 2013-04-28 18:08:36
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    Ooh, I dunno... Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, maybe?
  • edited 2013-04-28 18:10:00
    Kichigai birthday!!
    I'm watching Humanity has Declined now, it's pretty good. The Japanese title is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita.

I've also watched Trapeze recently. You may like it if you lije quirky animation.

Also it's always a good time to watch Chargeman Ken.

Ebin ninja :D

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is indeed good. Mediator is the best protagonist.