If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2013-01-24 19:31:13
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^Majora's Mask is getting a 3DS remake. Wind Waker is getting a Wii U remake.

Wind Waker's remake is easier to do because, as you said, it basically hasn't aged so there isn't as much to do. Thus, we're seeing screenshots for it first.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Majora's Mask hasn't been announced or confirmed anywhere...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

They've said that they want to do it, but that it would be awhile if they did. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do it, as the game and the OOT remake both sold pretty nicely.

• The more I see of this game, the more I'm assured that it's going to be mediocre at best. I've thought as much since the gameplay preview I posted back in 2011. The original ideas had so much promise too...

So, Driver: San Francisco is awesome, and I'm terrible at it.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Nah, it's just that it verges closer to the first game in terms of difficulty. That is to say, really goddamn hard.

I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be spinning out on any remotely sharp turn.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Sounds like the original game to me.

Me: "Man, I feel alive today. Don't you feel alive? Everything feels so positive."

Passenger: ?_?

I love this game.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I tried playing War of the Roses again after a while, and predictably, I got my ass kicked over and over.

So, I'm going to take it out on vampires in Skyrim while wearing semi-authentic crusade-era knight armor.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Got Bayonetta on the PSN. Back when I played the game, I only played it once. I'm gonna try to master this game.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ A new patch came out recently that increased the speed of the game by a metric fuckton, by way of increased damage across the board and increased foot speed. It's much more chaotic and less deliberate than it previously was.

At least it got rid of shield abusers, though. 

I can now say without exaggerating that Driver: San Francisco is one of the best games I have ever played. Probably in the top 20.
  • Champion of the Whales

Majora's Mask hasn't been announced or confirmed anywhere...

They are going to do an original zelda game before that remake.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-01-25 18:37:45

Urgh...I was doing a Nightmare Boss Rush on Ys Origin, got stuck on "I have a fucking bajillion HP and will randomly screw you sideways" Kishgal for 3 hours, finally beat him, and had to call it quits on Dalles because while I could overgrind a bit in story mode to compensate for my system's lag on his bullet hell and fire/ice attacks he's basically impossible at-level when I can't see what I'm doing and every screwup costs 2-3 times the damage.  Like, I can't reliably jump his fire wave because the frame to clear it properly does not exist to accept input.

Not even going to consider trying the third story on nightmare until I get a desktop to run this.  Darm's even worse about that and I could barely cheese him down on Normal before I got killed between frames.

• This is Relic's way of celebrating being purchased by Sega. 

• Well if this was 4-5 years ago I'd make a remark about how that doesn't really look any worse than Sega's usual fare, but they've been getting better.

• They're somethin' else.

lol sanac

• Poot dispenser here

Sonic the ULTRAMEHREN

So perhaps this has already been covered, but the Wii U is getting a Shin Megami Tensei/Fire Emblem crossover. 

I have no idea how it's going to work, but I'm looking forward to either the wonderful trainwreck or digital genius that will result from this. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

it was covered just last page :<

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^It wouldn't be that hard actually. The key is how they handle demon summoning.

I was thinking something like this:

You have an army of so many human characters, with their stats, equipment, and combat handled in a very Fire Emblem-esque way. Then you have a pool of demons (summoned by the PC as a dedicated "Devil Summoner" class) that can be assigned to each human character. So far this is mostly like Devil Survivor, but instead of having short 2-turn battles where you directly control each human/demon. You have evrything automated like in Fire Emblem, with each demon doing a single specific thing (Boosting stats, casting buffs, offensive spells/attacks, etc.) along side the human's attacks. Similar to the Pair Up and Dual Attack system from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

For example:

Marth has Sasaravati equipped as a demon, having her equipped boosts Marth's Magic and Speed by 4 points, and also makes Marth resist Wind but be weak to Fire. 

1. Marth goes to attack something, you find that he has enough speed from Sasaravati's boost to double attack.

2. Marth attacks and deals damage.

3. Opponent attacks, and deals damage (I'm assuming this enemy doesn't have any demons equipped)

4. Marth attacks again, deals damage, but not enough to kill his opponent.

5. Sasaravati casts Zan and finishes the enemy off.

How they're going to blend the settings and character rosters is still an issue, though. 

• To be or not to be? That is the question.

Playing Path of Exile right now, it's in Open Beta, it's free to play, and it's a fantastic Diablo like game. There's no gold system, but you'll get used to the bartering system when you play it. Plus, there's a HUGE skill tree, and it'll take a lot of time for building characters.

On another note, getting back to MapleStory as a Resistance Mechanic. I feel overpowered to say the least.

• edited 2013-01-26 16:13:43
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Streaming Eryi's Action tonight sometime a bit after 10PM EST (GMT-5) and doing so blind.  Should be fun times.

http://livestream.com/unknownentity634

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Playing Path of Exile right now, it's in Open Beta, it's free to play, and it's a fantastic Diablo like game. There's no gold system, but you'll get used to the bartering system when you play it. Plus, there's a HUGE skill tree, and it'll take a lot of time for building characters.

This game looks awesome, dude.

Signed up and donwnloaded.

Okay, just hit a difficulty spike in Driver: San Francisco. This game is fucking hard.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

UE's running a bit late...he and I are currently watching his friend play Zelda Ocarina of Time on his channel, here: http://www.livestream.com/masterlink

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

and an hour of said friend screwing with glitches for kicks later, I'll be starting in a few; link is a few posts up

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

And it's actually Pokémon Emerald now.