If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2013-01-31 08:56:09

^ @fourteenwings the PSP allways came with a 32mb memory card any higher you had buy one. also i saw a psp bundle that came with a 64mb card.

• There's really no reason beyond marketing to keep using memory cards.  Save files aren't that big, and absurd amounts of flash memory in thumbnail-sized spaces costs like $5.

• edited 2013-01-31 15:55:16
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, the Vita does allow for downloading full games, I think.

Still, though, there's no reason to require a memory card for saves, and having it be a proprietary, expensive one is bullshit.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Okay, after doing some research, I found that the Vita is getting a price cut at some point, and the Wii U is not getting one in the foreseeable future. So I guess if I get a new system anytime before that price cut, it's going to be a Wii U.

Started Antichamber. Is this what drugs are like? If so, where can I get some?

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-01-31 22:20:03

^^ Elder Scrolls has more than just the one theme and atmospheric noise?

• edited 2013-01-31 23:34:05
    There is love everywhere, I already know

the PSP allways came with a 32mb memory card any higher you had buy one. also i saw a psp bundle that came with a 64mb card.

Nope, Basic 1000, 2000 & 3000's come with an AC Adaptor and that's it (We still sell lots at the place where I work and I always have to remind/tell people). There are more Core 3000 Bundles than I thought, so there are a couple of Core 3000 Game Bundles too (They cost more, unlike the weird PSV thing).

I think there were a couple of 32mb/64mb at the beginning, but these were fazed out long ago (plus they're kind of useless as game installing or actually doing anything that isn't saving a game comes up).

the Vita does allow for downloading full games

All the PSP-able PSN titles in addition to PSV games IIRC.

and having it be a proprietary, expensive one is bullshit.

Don't forget this means that the Vita has two card slots, one for games and one for saves. Weird design choice.

• You can change. You can.

I wouldn't say weird so much as money-sucking.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Just an FYI, if you get a Vita, PS+ is pretty much a no-brainer at this point. It pains for itself many times over, and this is pretty much a unanimous opinion.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It pains for itself many times over

Antichamber is the best puzzle game I have ever played. That is all.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Okay, bought FF6, 7 and 8 on the PS3, and Crash Bandicoot (number one).

I may or may not pseudo-review them as I play.

• Crash Bandicoot

Legionnaire approves: +5

Crash Bandicoot is an awesome game :3

• You can change. You can.

Crash Bandicoot was pretty sweet. I do prefer three, though.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Elder Scrolls has more than just the one theme and atmospheric noise?

I think that's the clincher here. The TES theme is pretty freaking sweet, no doubts about that, but it's an all-eggs-in-one-basket dealio. Zelda concerts are successful not only because of the popularity of the games, but because the music in those games is awesome and because OoT. That game was instrumental (hur) in making Zelda concerts such a comparatively huge thing because the music was no longer "just" music, but a meaningful, amorphous device in the hands of the player. Each ocarina melody not only did something, but was meaningful in terms of character actions and relations, or hinted at some other hidden story. 

As outdated as OoT is now, it's still the best "music" game in my book. It doesn't have the greatest quantity of music, nor are the mechanics surrounding it particularly vast in application. But there's an immediate, personal relevance to the music in that game that doesn't seem to exist in just about any other game out there. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

My dog is named Crash after those games.

the PS3/PSN copy of FF7 sucks ass don't get it

admittedly most of the problems are problems existing within FF7 proper

such as circle meaning confirm and x meaning cancel

and HAVING TO HOLD X TO RUN

but the game really, really should have told me to make a virtual memory card BEFORE i started it and realized i couldn't save goddamn

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Been playing Persona 2 and it's a game I've been struggling through mostly because I really like the story. I wonder if my opinion would be so negative if I hadn't played 3 and 34 first since the gameplay is a major letdown comparatively.

Also the plot is bonkers.

Spoiler:
    So apparently the bad guys are the Nazi group that helped Hitler escap the allies. (Good job on keeping him from killing himself fellas) They also have powers thanks to ingesting Christ's blood. Oh and the ancient aliens theory is true and the Mayan underworld of Xibalba is actually a starship and oh the villains plot is to create a transhumanist society.

This is all given to you in ONE plot segment.

I admire the ambition and knowledge of mythology but GODDAMN

• edited 2013-02-01 07:28:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223810

YS I&II coming out on Steam.

In other news, I offended @ClockworkUniverse yesterday.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Beat the Demon Wall in FFIV. Cecil is now level 85. Rest of the game should be a cakewalk from here on out.

^^?
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

You've offended him so hard, he's confused

#somewhatundertheweathersinges

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I bought Mega Man Network Transmission!

why would you do that

Seriously, that is one of the worst games I've ever played, and I have played a lot of games.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Because I enjoyed MMBN, I enjoyed classic MM platforming action, and I know there's great music in it?

Because I enjoyed MMBN, I enjoyed classic MM platforming action

So did I.

But the mixture of the two -- or at least, the way they implemented it -- is abysmal.

and I know there's great music in it

That's what soundtracks are for.

• edited 2013-02-01 14:31:31
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Except Network Transmission didn't do platforming or MMBN's chip system well at all. And I don't even remember it having good music either.

^Also that.

• edited 2013-02-01 14:37:33
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Arrrgh...that's it!  I'm gonna play it and I'M gonna tell you how much it sucks MYSELF!

...but not yet, i'm doing homework right now.

@Crimson: Wait, you seriously mean to tell me that this isn't awesome?

And this isn't even Pharaohman's theme (i.e. Legendary WWW Area).