If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Man...

I really want great things for Saints Row.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh is that where those pictures were from.

I saw them and I had no idea what they were.

• You can change. You can.

Bought Hotline Miami and finally got around downloading Analogue. I'll check HM right now and then work on homework because bleh horrible classmates

• It's a little strange that they're doing the WW remake's visuals like this, when it's the one 3D Zelda with no need for such a drastic visual upgrade. And they really need to cut down on the bloom there.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Agreed with that. I actually prefer the original Wind Waker's warmer palette and atmosphere to what I've seen of the updated version. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

They haven't changed it all it that much. They've made everything a bit brighter and added in some more detailed graphics.

I want to know how it looks in animation before I comment, because Wind Waker's strength was always more in its flow than how it actually looked. Plus, I have high hopes for how this'll make the ocean look, given how much of the game is spent sailing around boring-looking seas.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

The new Wind Waker reminds me more of Sonic Unleashed and Generations in visual style than the original Wind Waker.

I like the new screens more, but that's just me.

Agreed with Nova though, I need to see some animation and gameplay, especially of the water.

• edited 2013-01-23 23:30:10

Wind Waker remake graphics look bad.  The only thing that really looks better is the shadows.  Everything else has way too much bloom and everything is way too saturated in general and the shading on the characters looks horrible and ruins the aesthetic of the original.  Higher-res textures are nice but it'd be hard for them to screw that up.  Not that it really matters to me anyway though since I never played Wind Waker and will never play the remake.

Bought Hotline Miami and finally got around downloading Analogue. I'll check HM right now and then work on homework because bleh horrible classmates

Hotline Miami is fun...

Though, I'm annoyed that the secret ending (which is presumably the "true" ending) is so much more... bland and straightforward than any other story development in the game and the item collecting to unlock it is so boring.

Everything that doesn't relate to the secret ending is good though.

I guess I'm just weird :/

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-01-23 23:52:23

Yeah, Wind Waker doesn't really look right with a non-toon shader, and cranking up the subsurf level on models that were already that simple doesn't really add anything.  You just get slightly smoother football heads.

• Hmm, prefer the more cartoony original look to Wind Waker. Still, if it gets more people to play Wind Waker, I'm kind of okay with that.

• edited 2013-01-24 00:04:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I like Summon Night: Swordcraft Story's Sanary.  She's cool.

She's like a less-grown-up version of AKB0048's Kanata.

Actually, if you just gave me character profiles, I would think Sanary was Kanata's little sister.

Come to think of it, the two of them and Jenna from Golden Sun are all a bit a like.  And I like them all.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Things that should be done in an HD remake:

• Increase resolution

• Increase fidelity

Things that are done in HD remakes:

• Increase resolution

• Increase fidelity

• Shit bloom all over everything

• Screw around with the art assets/visual design to make the screenshots look more different, even if it isn't an improvement

• Other unnecessary stuff that varies from game to game

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Playing Just Cause 2.

This game kicks all the ass.

• Yes, yes it does. You should have a look at the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod (better with the audio muted) sometime; I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Also the mod that lets you fly like Superman! :D

• Kichigai birthday!!
    If I recall correctly, they said in the Nintendo Direct that those screens are them just playing around with the E3 demo engine, so the end product may not look like that.

Also I find it weird that out of all of yesterday's announcements it's the HD remake the one people are talking about the most
  • Champion of the Whales

Are they actually going to finish making WW this time or is it just a graphical re-release?

No one knows yet. But people really want them to 1) fix the fetch quest and 2) add the removed dungeons

• But you never had any to begin with.

Wind Waker was finished. The dungeons weren't removed due to time constraints, but because they thought that the game was too big.

• Champion of the Whales

Wind Waker was finished. The dungeons weren't removed due to time constraints, but because they thought that the game was too big.

Do you have a source on that?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • While I wouldn't say Two Worlds' bloom is actually worse than that post makes it out to be, I think one kind of amusing thing in that game is that there was actually a slider in the menu to control how much bloom there was.  Naturally, with it all the way up everything was just a giant white blob.  I can't remember if you could turn it all the way off or not though.

• No rainbow star
    Fuck it mobile sucks not going through EVERY page just to get to the ebd to see if anybody mentioned this:

Wind Waker is getting a remake

An HD one (despite it having aged... not at all)

Before Majora's Mask

:|
  • We've been talking about it on this page, so...

• No rainbow star
    ^ Mobile doesn't let you skip to the last page

So I'd have to scroll down and hit next on over 30 pages

And sorry Alex, but your rants make that a VERY painful thing to do