If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Ichigo could have been interesting if they'd gone with his original "I don't want to do this" characterization, then he got a little... bloodlust-ey I guess? Generically bloodlusty, if that's a thing?

and it was where Ichigo started (or at least, it was shown that he was) actually enjoying fights, rather than just dealing with them

I noted that!

• edited 2012-11-06 23:46:59
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Eh, I really only watched it for the fights and the jutsus. :V

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, I suppose it says something about Naruto that you can ignore one of its best parts and it still comes out better than Bleach.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Absolutely.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Lagrange First Season Trailer

Hopefully Viz will release this (Along with Accel World) on DVD soon and I hope Neon Alley succeeds, so everybody in America with a PS3 here better be watching it 24/7 or something.

Bleach spoiler: Byakuya's still alive. 

To say nothing of everything else that sucked about that chapter.

• edited 2012-11-07 13:07:42
    There is love everywhere, I already know

To say nothing of everything else that sucked about that chapter.

2 entire chapters of Bleach that sucked beyond belief in a row. Now that's a new low.

And it wasn't even substantial, it was just "GuysI'mherethey'realivemovingon".

Naruto's latest chapter is a bit odd... there goes Kakashi's characterization.

• edited 2012-11-07 13:29:08
    Has friends besides tanks now

I suppose, if I were to binge on it at a later time, the fights would be pretty cool (at least, the ones that happened on-screen*), but still. And the art is pretty. ^_^;

*Speaking of this: considering how badly Kubo's already padding this series, it would have been nice if he'd made better use of all his characters and, like, actually showed us more than just Yamamoto and Byakuya's fights, to name a few of the captains.

Naruto's latest chapter is a bit odd... there goes Kakashi's characterization.

Eh? His characterization still makes perfect sense.

• They're somethin' else.

I watched the first episode of Gun Frontier.

I love Leji Matsumoto, but GOOD GOD, that has got to be the slowest, clunkiestly animated and most unfunny first episode I've ever seen.

Do older anime artists just not translate well into today's anime world?

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

So Nova, what are your predictions for the events that will happen in the remainder of Naruto?

Naruto will eventually have an epic battle with Sasuke. He will succeed in saving Sasuke, because one of the themes in Naruto is overcoming the cycle of hatred; this is epitomized in Naruto's befriending of Sasuke.

Everything else is a bit less certain.

If the shipping wars between Naruto/Sakura/Hinata ever get resolved, I can't say who it would be resolved with. Personally, I don't think he'll resolve the shipping wars, because they generate a lot of interest in the manga, and swinging it down on any side will piss off a lot of fans. (Personally, I'm hoping for a Sakura/Hinata ending :3 )

Tobi and Madara... I'm not sure.

Madara might end up battling Naruto in a battle that will mirror Madara's battle with the First Hokage. However, if this happens, in the end, Naruto will end up winning. If that happens, he will establish the Uchiha as a vital part of Konoha.

The ninja world will no longer constantly be at war. The experiences, of fighting together in the Fourth World War, will bind everyone together, and this will be epitomized in the relationship between Naruto and Gaara, and Naruto and Killer Bee/the Raikage.

The Tailed Beasts will learn to not become creatures of pure destruction any more, with Naruto acting the part of the Sage of the Six Paths.

Basically, it's all going to come down to Naruto. This isn't the type of manga where they'll go around and change everything on us, making the bad guys win; and a large theme in the manga has been of the cycle of hatred and what it will take to stop that. Naruto will be the one who stops that, thus bringing a great change to the ninja world, as prophesied.

• No, it doesn't get better.

But you didn't say the most important thing Nova :o

• edited 2012-11-07 20:37:03
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

At this point, it'd be hard to. There's too many fights that need to be resolved by liberal application of power, too many logical inconsistencies have been introduced already (so hey, if Kurama would be released any time Naruto died, why'd he save Naruto all those times by lending him chakra again?), and the plot has been heading in a silly direction for quite some time.

I have no doubt that the themes will come into play, but I don't think it'll improve significantly from where it is now.

^ And which would that be.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8Neggu9I3GM/UEUNJDcXM0I/AAAAAAABpAY/KeGgz4HDlOM/s1600/Naruto_HokageCostume.jpg

Whether he will become Hokage, I am assuming?

If there is an epilogue or a where-are-they-now, I assume Naruto will become Hokage within it.

However, at the end of the Fourth World War arc... I don't think so. Tsunade is still too strong a character, and I can't see her moving out of office so Naruto can enter this early in his life.

He has the strength of a Hokage down, and the wisdom of fools, but he lacks the life experience.

For some reason, I see the chance of Naruto bringing Sasuke back successfully but Sasuke still dying a possibility.

I don't.

At this time, the promise that if Sasuke dies, so does Naruto, has been made too strongly.

And, it would stink too strongly of vengeance; still allowing Naruto to keep his shiny image, but allowing everyone to feel vindictive when Sasuke dies anyway.

But what if he dies through Sacrifice?

It's not the manner of his death that is the problem; it's the fact of allowing his death at all.

That said, there's also a... The best theory I have heard that explained Sasuke's behaviour was actually from TVTropes. Hold on, let me go paste it here.

Sasuke has officially been dubbed a bad guy by In-Universe legal authorities ever since the end of Part 1, when he abandoned his village in order to join Orochimaru. But something to bear in mind is that, while Sasuke did technically betray his village, Part 2 reveals that he was planning how to usurp/assassinate Orochimaru from the moment he joined his organization. Part 2 also gives us scenes where Sasuke, despite spending three years as Orochimaru's pupil, refuses to kill anyone who's not a Complete Monster. Given this, I'd say that, until he met up with Tobi, Sasuke's actions were reckless and irresponsible, but weren't actually immoral.

It's only in the aftermath of Itachi's death that Sasuke truly becomes a villain. Here's how I interpret his mindset at that point:

He's spent most of his life planning to kill Itachi; he refers to this as his "reason for living". Then he finally achieves his goal and . . . he's not happy. He comes face-to-mask with the other man responsible for the Uchiha Massacre, but now all Sasuke's drive and passion is gone; he can't think of anything except to ask to be left alone. I believe that, if Sasuke had been left alone then, he would have killed himself, having found his purpose in life to be empty and unfulfilling.

Then Tobi drops The Reveal about how the Leaf Village ordered the slaughter of the Uchihas and how Itachi, forced to commit such an atrocity against his own family, still loved Sasuke, tried to protect him, and was ultimately driven into suicice-by-proxy. Suddenly Sasuke is given an explanation for why Itachi's death brings him no joy, because, even if he could only guess at the truth through little hints (Itachi's tears after the massacre, his dying words to Sasuke), on some level he knew that Itachi wasn't the person he should be angry at.

Tobi gives him a new target for his anger, an anger that's only intensified after being manipulated into killing his brother. And Sasuke, who had been left with no reason to go on living, jumps at the opportunity to have a purpose for his existence again. And this time he expands the scope of his revenge beyond the people directly responsibile for his suffering; he starts targetting everyone remotely connected to them as well. Why? Because deep down he fears that, if he kills Danzo and the other village elders, all that will happen is he'll once again feel the way he did after killing Itachi: empty, joyless, without the will to live. He swears revenge on the entire Leaf Village, and even on the entire Shinobi world, because he recognizes that this is a goal he'll likely never be able to fulfill, that he can spend the rest of his life on it and never finish. Because if he does succeed, if he kills everyone he's sworn vengeance against, he has nothing but despair waiting for him.

Until Naruto can do for Sasuke what he did for Gaara, show him that he can have a purpose in life other than violence, Sasuke's only options are a never-ending crusade of revenge or an emotional emptiness that will drive him to suicide.

[shitpost]The manga's doing quite fine without Sasuke, I think.[/shitpost]
  • edited 2012-11-07 21:21:54
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Naruto didn't just do it for Gaara. He did it for Neji, Nagato...

Kiba was kind an ass to him.

He had to straighten Konohamaru out.

Haku and Zabuto were effect by him as well.

Kurama even said they were friends now.

Neji and Nagato both had different problems.

Neji's problem was that he thought he was bound by Fate into serving the Main House. He thought he lacked free will. Naruto showed him that you do have free will- that, with enough determination and motivation, you can change the course of your life.

Nagato's problem was that he became overly cynical. He thought that the world was nothing but a world of conflict, and that only the threat of death and overwhelming horror was enough to stop people fighting, until such a time as they forgot about the threat and they had to use it again. Naruto stepped up and refuted that, stating that he would find a way to end the cycle of conflict in the ninja world.

Gaara's problem was different, and it's the same problem Sasuke has. Gaara didn't know anything but conflict and violence. Eventually, Naruto stepped up and showed Gaara that there are things in life other than hatred and conflict.

That's what Sasuke needs; he needs to know that there is more to life than hatred, conflict and revenge.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

Kurama even said they were friends now.

I haven't been following the manga for ages now, so this sentence makes me imagine Naruto as the backstory to Yu Yu Hakusho. And also a tiny li'l chibi Kurama giving Naruto a rose. 

Kurama = Kyuubi.

Yeah, I know Nova. I was just saying the whole theme is Naruto shaping the lives of those around him and having a knack for changing people opinions and worldviews by just being himself.

Naruto himself hasn't changed that much over the course of the series. Hidden depths yeah, but not much change. Not that that's bad.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

^^ Doesn't it kind of kill the point of the Kyuubi if it has a name? It's a gigantic manifestation of energy. I'm frankly amazed it can talk to people without obliterating their heads.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Back when the Sage lived the tailed beasts were pals with him and he gave them names, IIRC.