If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person
    I plan to watch the shitty camrips and then watch the DVD or Blu Ray fansub when it comes out.
  • You can change. You can.

It's soon enough for me to care~

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

By now, I think one of the biggest act of trolling (although certainly not the biggest) that Gainax could do is not to give Asuka an eyepatch, after all. At least, there seem to be quite many, who look forward to this.

Actually, I don't even care about her all that much. Mari interests me more. There are quite some ways they could go with her. As a completely new character, she is certainly mysterious and nobody knows what's the deal with her. A problem with such a remake is that most people already know the secrets and twists of the original. For example, nearly everybody (except people who never saw NGE and don't know any spoilers) knows what Kaworu's real identity is. Since she is new, Mari is exempted from this, which makes it possible to use her for a previously unseen twist (it also makes it possible for her to steal the spotlight from the "old" characters, but I'm confident that this won't happen).

But I wouldn't even be surprised if she dies half an hour in.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is Titania any good?

• http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/70859983/

http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/70865875/ (this thread has a lot of misleading bullshit and general stupidity because people were misled and stupid, but later on in it there's some actual information)

tl;dr: The producers of Kokoro Connect screw around with a B-list seiyuu for no reason, telling him he got a major role in the show only to later reveal that the audition was fake, the part he supposedly got didn't exist, and they were making fun of him the whole time.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Both links are broken.

• You can change. You can.

For example, nearly everybody (except people who never saw NGE and don't know any spoilers) knows what Kaworu's real identity is.

There's no substantial reason why Kaworu has to be an angel in this one again. 

• edited 2012-08-30 01:53:30

^^ That's because of the server being screwy right now, I think.  I think the links themselves should work sooner or later.  Or just keep trying until they work.

I just added a fuckton of things to my to-watch list.  Note that my to-watch list includes "to-try" and "definitely-want-to-watch".  New items include Lagrange, Symphogear, AKB0048, Guilty Crown, Tytania, Angel Beats, Claymore, and more.  Also realized that Ragnarok the Animation was already on my to-watch list -_-

• edited 2012-08-30 03:12:47

AKB0048

Is not very good unless you are an AKB48 fan.  Or maybe it was just me that didn't like it.  I dunno.

Guilty Crown

Why?

Tytania

General opinion seems to be that it is like LotGH except not actually good.

Angel Beats

This was decent, though I get the feeling that Key really, really wanted KyoAni to do it instead of P.A. Works. Also that Key wasn't aware that they were making an anime and not a visual novel.

• edited 2012-08-30 08:30:42
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Is not very good unless you are an AKB48 fan.  Or maybe it was just me that didn't like it.  I dunno.

I found AKB0048 good and very enjoyable, but there is probably going to be a lot of groaning if you don't like the idol group itself since 1/4 of the time is spent plugging the music.

But Lagrange and Symphogear are the best bets on that list.

Why?

The same reason you're still watching Sword Art Online and I'm still watching Accel World?

The producers of Kokoro Connect screw around with a B-list seiyuu for no reason,

Seriously? Wow, their show was so horrible that they could only gain relief from screwing with a guy?

• Some people really have too much time on their hands.

Have you seen the sheer length of my to-watch list?  I put almost anything on there.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

a) We both have Uchuu Kyoudai on our lists

b) I only have like, seven other titles on mine. That is reeeaaaaallly long. Are you sure you're ever going to finish it?

• edited 2012-08-30 13:26:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ Probably not.  Remember, though, it includes things that I don't expect to be seriously interested in watching.

And I don't even remember ever putting that on my to-watch list.  Haha.

It's one of those things (Along with Polar Bear Cafe) everyone has been raving about. Then again, they also raved about Sakamichi No Apollon (Decent, not very good, but decent) and Sword Art Online (Horrid).

To be fair, there's a chance that something that people really like is something I'm meh about, and something that people are meh about is something I really like.

That's basically me & UN-GO, Symphogear, No.6, Birdy The Mighty Decode and a lot of other stuff in a nutshell.

E7 and E7AO seem to be fairly popular though (Or at least E7 is, nobody ever talks about AO...).

Yeah, the reviews on MAL for Symphogear aren't very good, IIRC.

E7AO is probably overshadowed by its predecessor.

And lol Kiddy Grade

• edited 2012-08-30 14:06:06

Seriously? Wow, their show was so horrible that they could only gain relief from screwing with a guy?

Apparently.  I guess the producer thought of it as a silly prank, but the guy was (understandably) pretty pissed, since he was apparently super excited to get this role, then on their live show they make fun of him and tell him that the audition was fake and the role doesn't exist and offered him a shitty PR job instead.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23525790

It's actually pretty awful to watch (the relevant part of the video is 1:06:00ish to 1:32:00).  At the end, just before he's leaving, he tells the people there "I won't forgive you for this," and they just laugh at him.

Also, quote from one of the Kokoro Connect seiyuu (Takuma Terashima) on a radio show after the fact:

It was a big impact, I didn't think seeing the moment a person crumbles would be so beautiful (lol)

And on the subject of PTW... as I said before, I don't actually watch anything that I say I plan to, so I just stopped putting things on my PTW list.

I just realized that Time of Eve hasn't even been put on my list yet.

• edited 2012-08-30 14:22:38
    There is love everywhere, I already know

And lol Kiddy Grade

That, and basically every original anime series by GONZO (ie Solty Rei). I mean, those were some of the best anime of the mid-2000s IMO.

I'm stuck in that place where I don't want to boycott works because the people who work on them are mean and never wanting to see another series where Terashima is a VA...

Time of Eve

Are we doing Episode 3 yet?

I'm ready for it.

And now I want to put Salty Rei Solty Rei on my list.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

So, I would only recommend Guilty Crown if you have: A) An audience you want to entertain via riffing the show B) The most mediocre taste inmaginable C)Both.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Reading that thing DYRE posted.

Apart from the cruelness of the "prank", what baffles me is ... why? Why would you go to such extents, creating a fake audition, getting all the VAs there, involving the guy's agency all that just to humiliate a random guy?

• Because someone thought it would a funny joke and it'd help generate publicity.  And indeed, Japan loves watching people get humiliated (though typically those people actually know what they're getting into beforehand) and at the time, nobody really seemed too concerned about this.  It wasn't until a couple days ago when Eufonius made a tweet about how people with big dreams are easy to manipulate, and then made a reference to the whole Kokoro Connect thing, that people started noticing what was going on.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Yeah, but those humilitations are more of the kind of "If you say the letter e I slap you", instead of "I'm going to crush your dreams just because"

Yeah, why do I keep running into Japanese TV game shows that involve humiliating the participants?

• edited 2012-08-30 21:55:57

Because that's what many Japanese game shows are about.

Also, I suddenly really want a toaster that imprints the NERV logo on my toast.  This is the only Evangelion merchandise I want, and I don't even know if it exists.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^That's actually one piece of merch I would buy without question.