If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Neon Genesis Evangelion 2.0: Gainax Can (In Fact) Redo

• But you never had any to begin with.

Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Electric Boogaloo.

• You can change. You can.

Oh, Quickening was the literal title.

Shame, I like it more. If only because a little part of me hoped for it to end with a Highlander crossover.

come on yannow you want it

• Neon Genesis Evangelion 2.0: Gainax Can (In Fact) Redo

Nope.  Because Rebuild is a sequel, not a remake.

• You can change. You can.

Well we don't know to which extent it is which. 

• edited 2012-09-03 13:23:15
    There is love everywhere, I already know

And the award for most insane PV of the season goes to...

• a little muffled

@fourteenwings:

Unless you watch a single episode every six months I don't think that's possible.
    Knowing Pirka irl...that's pretty possible.

• Yeah, but @DYRE, that just makes it even more of a redo.

• In any case, there's also the fact that Gainax isn't making the Rebuild movies.  Studio Khara is.

• s/Gainax/Hideaki Anno/

• edited 2012-09-04 05:01:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Just saw a few clips from Rebuild of Evangelion, I think from 2.22.

1. The battles against the angels are just as desperate and epic, if not more so.

2. I am still deeply sympathetic to Asuka.

In other news, Iori, get the fuck out of Evangelion.

• There are no pictures of the best idolmaster in a plugsuit. :c

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-09-04 11:15:46
    Here, There, Everywhere

I watched Howl's Moving Castle with my mother. She thought Howl was hot

He kind of is... but I digress.

Binge-watched another eighteen episodes of Full Metal Alchemist. Haven't done that since I began Monster, which definitely says something in favour of the series, as well as about my fondness for long, complex journey stories.

Come to think of it, if I keep this up, I might finish the series by Thursday. Wow.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    So just finished Steins;Gate last night. That was a hoot. And as an added rarity it was a sci fi story that was actually smart. Not just with consistent world mechanics, but also a smart story about cause and effect. Since the dub cast sounds fantastic, if definitely getting it when it comes stateside.

All in all this plan of watching 1 or 2 really good anime a year is working out great.

> All in all

argh i want to post that melocure song but there's no upload of it on youtube

What?
  • edited 2012-09-04 16:56:13

"ALL IN ALL" is a song, I think a power ballad (not sure if that's the right term), by Melocure.  One of their three ballads--"Agapé", "ALL IN ALL", and "so far, so near".

You can find the other two on the web more easily.  They pretty much share the same style, so you can tell give them a listen and tell me if "power ballad" is a good term for them.

Agapé is an insert song in UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie (a.k.a. UFO Princess Valkyrie); so far so near is the final ED in Stratos 4.  ALL IN ALL I'm not sure about, but it's a B-side for one of the UFO Princess Valkyrie OP singles.  Both are pretty obscure series, but I think the music dwarfs both of them in greatness.

There's a really, really awesome AMV using "Agapé" and starring Dominic and Anemone from Eureka Seven, for what it's worth.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

More FMA down and... I liked Greed. Goddamnit. I can't have anything.

Original anime or Brotherhood?
  • a little muffled

He's watching the inferior first anime.

• edited 2012-09-04 20:47:19
    I'm a damn twisted person

Them's fighting words sir, mostly since I liked the first anime's bad guys better.. Granted it's really a matter of trade offs. As much as I loved Original!Lust and Original!Sloth, Brotherhood!Greed is pretty good as well.

• a little muffled

TBH I haven't even watched the first anime. I don't really have any interest in doing so, but obviously I can't make any fair judgment of its merits.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

There's a really, really awesome AMV using "Agapé" and starring Dominic and Anemone from Eureka Seven, for what it's worth.

Could you post that?

• edited 2012-09-05 00:28:56

WARNING: SPOILERS

This is one of my favorite AMVs/MADs.

It's so beautifully done.

Here's another incredible AMV using the same series and song.  This one, however, is about Renton and Eureka, and only covers the first half of the series.

WARNING: SPOILERS

• edited 2012-09-05 00:48:23

Wow, that's really amazing. I should watch more AMVs...

And there's a Renton and Eureka Version!

• edited 2012-09-05 01:09:31

I think my favorite MADs/AMVs of all time are these two, one that features Yukikaze air battles set to Pirates of the Caribbean music, the Code Monkey AMV (featuring Black Heaven scenes set to "Code Monkey"), and one featuring Kiddy Grade scenes set to "Nemurenai Yori Wa" ("Sleepless Night").

And now you've experienced the magic of Melocure.

• edited 2012-09-05 01:45:10

Less than two months later, Okazaki died suddenly at the age of 44 from septic shock as a result of septicemia.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

meg rock

So half of Melocure was also meg rock? I wonder how I've never heard of them since I love meg rock

• edited 2012-09-05 01:48:22

And she left no last words either. =..(

What's even more unfortunate is that she's the one who wrote all three of those ballads.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

;_;