If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

@Nyktos: The original. It's extremely engaging, as my talk of binging a 51-episode series might indicate.

• a little muffled

Alk was the one who asked. I knew you were watching the original.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Oh. Confused myself there...

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Shin Sekai Yori looks good.

• Character designs and art style look boring.  The actual animation looks good though (as it should I guess, since it's a PV).  The premise sounds interesting-ish, but that doesn't really mean a whole lot.

In any case, I'll definitely watch it, because why not?  If nothing else, it's probably going to be better than most of the other shows I'm planning on watching.

Well, except Hidamari, but at this rate I'm probably not going to be caught up on it by the time Honeycomb starts airing, so I'll probably just end up waiting until after the season's over to watch it.

I like the character designs for some reason, but I'm more interested in the premise. Hopefully this'll be a 2-4 cour series (Those still happen! Uchuu Kyoudai is 4-cour) because I love world building.

• edited 2012-09-08 02:31:49
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What's a cour?

And the character designs look fine to me.

• edited 2012-09-08 02:34:50

A cour is a period of about 3 months.  So like 12-13 episodes.  So a 2-cour series is 24-26 episodes and a 4-cour series is around 50.

• edited 2012-09-08 02:48:54
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Hyouka is like, one episode from over...

NOOOOO, how could they have adapted all four novels already?

Anyways, the last arc with Houtarou and Chitanda's adventures has been amazing so far, so I think I can call it Slice of Life/Mystery's best series for the year (for now, anyways).

• edited 2012-09-08 02:55:16

Yeah, I'm really sad about Hyouka ending. :c

Well, there's going to be a BD special episode too, so there'll still be something to look forward to after this next episode, but I'm still going to miss it.

There are a few things that I don't like about it (like the complete lack of any overall plot and the likely lack of a proper ending, even though there obviously won't be a sequel), but it is full of great characters and fun stories and great animation.

Hopefully KyoAni's new anime will be decent, but I don't really have high hopes for it.

But it doesn't really matter, I'll still end up liking it anyway since it'll presumably have cute girls doing cute things. >.>

Also (and once again related to Hyouka):

• edited 2012-09-08 03:00:53

there's going to be a BD special episode too

It was streamed so I've already seen it (Admittedly in horrid quality)...

like the complete lack of any overall plot and the likely lack of a proper ending, even though there obviously won't be a sequel

I honestly thought in the beginning that they would end up going to India and the Chitanda's uncle plot would continue, but then 4 episodes in I was like "Probably not..."

but I don't really have high hopes for it.

As much as I want to not watch it though, the new character Key Visuals look really good so it'll probably be at least pretty and I can't help but think that it'll be a good character driven series...

Okay, there's thing thing that's been bothering me about E7AO, it's timeslot is going to be taken by Zetsuen no Tempest and there are 2 episodes delayed by the Olympics. I'm seeing a BD-only ending and I do not like it (As much as the official subs rock it will take FOREVER to get to the ending)...

• edited 2012-09-08 03:03:11

It was already streamed so I've already seen it...

I meant other than that.

Supposedly there's going to be a 22nd episode.

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/story/22/

Though I have absolutely no idea what that page says so... >.>

At least it'll be having something to look forward to rather than waiting for a mediocre show to end so you can move on with your life *coughPersona4TheAnimationcough*.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It is kinda sad the Persona 4 Anime had such a troubled production.

It did? This is the first I've heard of that...

• edited 2012-09-08 04:22:49
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You know like half the animation staff was let go? Or half the staff quit, I don't remember which. It was at the start of the run too.

• edited 2012-09-08 10:22:11

Wow, no wonder the BDs still have some of the issues the TV version had.

I don't know how this saves the writing since I'm assuming the script was finished pre-production and cutting out all the dungeon crawling turned into a J-Drama with a B-plot mystery and made me realize why I liked the Social Links in P3 much better.

Production I.G anime of BioWare game franchise ships on DVD/BD on December 28

I love you Funimation and I'm willing to support any further ventures into video games I don't like but what is with that 'right-after-christmas' release date?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

don't know how this saves the writing since I'm assuming the script was finished pre-production and cutting out all the dungeon crawling turned into a J-Drama with a B-plot mystery and made me realize why I liked the Social Links in P3 much better.

Persona 4 is japanese scooby doo. Were you expecting Sherlock Holmes?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ Sounds like a WEG in the making...

Were you expecting Sherlock Holmes?

No, but even a little episodic fighting would have improved the worst school festival arc of ever.

^ I have no idea what a WEG is.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

watched/expected/got

• edited 2012-09-09 00:56:09

Oh.

Anyways, thanks to DYRE for bringing us the initial news about Kokoro Connects horrible staff and now it's time to watch the ensuing PR storm.

Guy leaves band which performed the opening theme due to PR storm that he sort of caused. Read:

“So many people are chasing their dreams in this business but because of that they’re desperate and easy to use.♪ Because he didn’t realize it himself he was easy to fool, that’s why he won’t get hired-♪”

PR events cancelled.

Ichiki part of the voice cast for the last episodes of the series

We believe you Kokoro Connect staff, we believe you so much it hurts.

He apparently even dropped some of his projects thinking he had a role

I did not know that. Wow, this gets even more depressing...

• edited 2012-09-09 01:17:53

Kokoro Connects horrible staff

Yamanaka is the only horrible one.  A couple other people were mean, but not actively malicious or anything.  Most people had no involvement whatsoever.

Which is kind of unfortunate since there are a lot of people that are getting fucked over pretty hard because of this even though they had nothing to do with it.  Like, say, everyone at Silver Link.  Especially if this somehow ends up making them not do Prisma Illya next year.

Unrelatedly, there have been no Joshiraku subs in weeks.  This is terrible.

• edited 2012-09-09 03:20:16

So it just sucks for everybody then.

Joshiraku subs

Isn't gg doing that? The only thing they've done since last week is Binbougami Ga!, but hopefully they'll be kind enough to give us something soon (E7AOE7AOE7AOE7AO...)

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

A mere six episodes left of FMA and things are getting really interesting. And by God is Dante one scary bitch...

• But you never had any to begin with.

Don't forget to watch Conquerer of Shamballa after you've finished! ...Or don't, cause CoS is kinda bad.

• edited 2012-09-09 12:49:47

Apparently Hyouka will have a 22nd broadcast episode.

:D

.hack//Sekai no Mukou ni has been subbed.

XDDDDDDDD

• edited 2012-09-09 15:09:36

In other news, I apparently have only just now, after 4 years of it existing, learned that Hiroyuki did another series after Doujin Work (in fact, he did two).

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing today.

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-09-10 05:46:56
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^^ I've heard that it's well-done but unnecessary, and the fact that the script they used was literally half of the original length doesn't bode well.

Only two episodes left now. The end of episode 47 was nearly made me cry. I mean, that's just... awful. That being said, the plot has taken multiple turns for the awesome.

P.S. I had exactly two minutes left of episode 49 when I wrote this, but then... what the hell just happened? I mean, I'm still impressed, but what in the hell...?

P.P.S. Just finished the series. That was frigging fantastic.

I might have to see Conqueror of Shamballa now, if only because I want to see where they go with the whole "Hohenheim is a British secret agent infiltrating the Thule Society" thing. And to see what happened to the surviving homunculi.

Code:Breaker is being done by BONES' Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood people.