If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-09-01 00:17:30
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ I haven't even watched NGE yet and I still want that.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Apologies for the double-post, but I have just watched the first three episodes of serial experiments: lain, and it is truly awesome. I would keep watching but... you know, sleep...

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Sleep is for the weak.

lain is one of the best anime of the 90s (And I love all the concepts it explores), but it always gets overshadowed by... all the other great stuff from the 90s (Utena and NGE especially).

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If someone can make this costume work in real life...I would be impressed.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-09-01 21:51:04
    My family and I watched Spirited Away just a moment ago. It's still enjoyable, but the best part was how my parents described it.

Mom: It's kind of a mishmash of children's fairy tales, like Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio, Narnia...

Dad: ...Heavy Metal, Yellow Submarine...
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Watching Spirited Away with my family is pretty entertaining, but for the opposite reasons: They are completely into it, yet completely inured to how surreal it is. Also, the radish spirit is probably our collective favourite character.

• a little muffled

How could anyone not love the radish spirit?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I know, right?!

• a little muffled

Man, I feel like watching Spirited Away again now.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Having watched Princess Mononoke again recently, I feel that following it with a re-watch of Spirited Away would be appropriate myself.

• My parents liked it on a technical level, but most of the time they're looking at the events transpiring on-screen with an expression that screams "What in the fresh hell is going on?" Which I wouldn't blame them for, I sometimes joked myself about someone tainting Studio Ghibli's water supply with every drug from Raoul Duke's car trunk.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

My mother was raised on the Brothers Grimm in unabridged translation. Weird folklore is her natural element. Which is part of the reason why her children are insane.

• a little muffled

My parents (my dad in particular) love Miyazaki; apparently My Neighbour Totoro was the first movie they ever showed me.

• edited 2012-09-03 00:11:16
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hmm. I honestly can't remember the last time I finished an anime Oh, wait, Gunbustah. Still, I can't remember the last one I finished because I wanted to, and this depresses me.

• edited 2012-09-03 00:13:43

Well... watch more anime?

Just like... download something and then watch it.  Not that hard. >.>

That said, I haven't been watching much anime lately either, but once school starts I'm sure I'll go back to normal.

• edited 2012-09-03 00:27:32

I haven't even tried watching anything because I started school. ._.

I dunno, I just lose interest after a while. Like, I totally want to keep watching Time of Eve; I just . . . don't really feel like it. Or, like, Nichijou. Well, at least that one's just Slice of Life.

Shit, I'm only like nine episodes into NGE. But it's okay, because Rebuild has been better so far.

I decidedly do not care enough to finish Brotherhood.

Not gonna try Mirai Nikki again, because that oracle girl's backstory pisses me off.

Sorta want to try Hyouka again, but episode 6's plotline resolved just like that, so I can't bring myself to get hyped for another adventure. Actually, that makes me wonder how I finished K-On!, because I have very little tolerance for episodic works most of the time. I sorta need plot and cliffhangers to keep going. Same reason I haven't gone back to . . . I dunno, I'll remember which other thing did that at some point. Also the same reason I can't stand books like The Things They Carried.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^^^ My Neighbor Totoro is one of the first films that I can remember watching with my sister.

^ May I be so presumptuous as to pimp The Tatami Galaxy? It's really fun.

• edited 2012-09-03 00:30:38
    There is love everywhere, I already know

There are other shows you could watch, just, look up something different and start watching it.

^ Well, can't disagree with that... (The Tatami Galaxy thing)

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ I'll look it up later. I should probably go to bed now.

^ But I like Hyouka and Nichijou!

Hmm, what else did I want to watch . . .

Eh, I'll find some good shit later.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

So you'll eventually get back to them, but it seems like you need a change of pace.

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-09-03 00:35:39
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ It's Masaaki Yuasa's third series directing gig. It's basically a bit like Groundhog Day, but... different. Lots of rapid-fire witty dialogue and gorgeous surreal animation.

You should watch it. It is definitely a change of pace from what you've been watching lately (and from most anime or TV in general).

• I dunno, I just lose interest after a while. Like, I totally want to keep watching Time of Eve; I just . . . don't really feel like it. Or, like, Nichijou. Well, at least that one's just Slice of Life.

Time of Eve is more slice-of-life than Nichijou is.  Just saying.

Shit, I'm only like nine episodes into NGE. But it's okay, because Rebuild has been better so far.

But you're supposed to watch the TV series+EoE before you watch Rebuild! :O  (or, at least, it seems like it'd be much better that way)

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

That's for old fans, Rebuild can be watched with a fresh perspective by the new people.

• edited 2012-09-03 01:05:09
    DIDNEY WORL

Right now, other than the pre-requisite current PreCure series, I'm watching the first season of YuruYuri. It sort of scares me how much I'm enjoying it, considering its subject matter is 99.9 percent pseudolesbian antics.

Speaking of Nichijou, I must say that it is, honest to god, one of the greatest shows I have ever watched. Not just anime. SHOWS.

Regarding Rebuild, I'm honestly on the fence about whether or not I should watch the original series first (I'm sure by the time I get around to it, all of Rebuild will be out...meeeeerrrrffff).

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I barely remember Spirited Away even though I watched it just a few years ago.  This wasn't a many-years-ago, before-i-really-understood-plot thing.  But I think maybe I wasn't paying attention or I was sleepy at the time.

All I remember was making sense of the title upon finishing the movie, in noticing that the girl somehow got transported to this alternate dimension with crazy monsters, and had to find her way back using the train that got her there.  And I remember the crazy bath-house shenanigans.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I watched Howl's Moving Castle with my mother. She thought Howl was hot
  • edited 2012-09-03 10:25:51
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I'm sure by the time I get around to it, all of Rebuild will be out...meeeeerrrrffff

Unless you watch a single episode every six months I don't think that's possible.

Eureka Seven AO Episode 18 might aswell be called 'Road to Perfection', finally, the character development I've been waiting for for Fleur and Elena!

I like how Elena tries to get a reaction out of Fleur, even confessing to killing Miller. Both because it shows her frustration at Fleur's lack of social skills and because it means that she trusts her enough to let her know.

Wow, the True End finale of Persona 4 was much better than the broadcast or Directors Cut version of episode 25.

Also, the final Symphogear BD looks amazing. Now only if it had English subs...

• edited 2012-09-03 14:59:16

I was going to be all excited for You Can (Not) Redo's 11/17 release date, but then I remembered that it won't be subbed, let alone released in America, for a while. DX

Maybe I'll just finish Time of Eve.

• You can change. You can.

Is that the official name? I thought it was Quickening.