If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• No rainbow star

^ Would have been a better story if he managed to come back from that and knock out all but one of your Pokemon, then it becomes close, down to a few hitpoints left for each, and you barely pull a victory

• edited 2012-04-15 09:20:39
    Has friends besides tanks now

Speaking of 6-0'ing, I still love Salamence.

Hate Scarfed Flygon, though (different match), cuz it's apparently faster than +1 Speed Salamence. >:/

EDIT: Whoops, should have had the speed-boosting nature on Salamence, since it has Moxie anyway. That way, I can speed-tie Scarfed 100-speed pokemon at +1, I guess.

• a little muffled

@Icalasari:

^ Would have been a better story if he managed to come back from that and knock out all but one of your Pokemon, then it becomes close, down to a few hitpoints left for each, and you barely pull a victory

Probably would've been. In theory given that he has all Ice-types it might have been a problem if I'd had to send in my dragons. However Jirachi dealt with the two remaining guys quite capably.

• edited 2012-04-15 11:15:03
    a little muffled

Man, Jirachi is a beast. I kinda wanted to see if I could flinch an entire team to death, but sadly he quit after I dealt with two guys.

Actually Jirachi is the only Pokémon on this team I have no complaints about.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I remember watching a match someone had against shofu where shofu was brought down to just Jirachi, and he was like "gg", since the uploader still had two pokemon left, but Jirachi proceeded to get the flinchhax/K.O. with Iron Head seven times in a row and win the match (it helps that it was an Adamant Scarfed Jirachi).

I agree, though.

• I recently did a grueling ten page, ten day feature on bogleech where I ran through "100 organisms begging to be pokemon," exactly what it sounds like, with a photograph, brief bio, and my own hypothetical pokemon concepts for every single one:

http://bogleech.com/pokemon/nonpokes1.html

Since then I started doing overly detailed reviews of entire pokemon lines, only two up so far but around a dozen already written:

http://bogleech.com/pokemon/magma.html

http://www.bogleech.com/pokemon/dusk.html

I am officially posting only in pokemon-related threads on every forum I go to except my own.

I have nothing else going on in my life!

• edited 2012-04-15 16:18:35
    No rainbow star

Wait, people say Shuckle is a barnacle? It's based on the scale bug though =/

EDIT: And heh. I already made a fakemon starter based on the Basilisk lizard. Glade others see the potential there, Scythe :3

Hey, Scythe! I really admire the work you've put into your analyses of the games.

Big-ass (literally) threat to this team detected: Hippowdon.

• a little muffled

My team, on the other hand, has just revealed a massive weakness to Gliscor if my Starmie gets eliminated.

Suddenly I understand why people run Body Slam over Thunder Wave on Jirachi.

• edited 2012-04-15 18:21:01

Hmm. Gliscor's one of those really good reasons to run plenty of Ice-type moves on your team, yeah.

I wonder if it's worth running anything more than Reuniclus that can reasonably check Hippowdon (assuming Reuniclus is even a workable check; I can't remember damage calcs); Metagross and Jirachi get EQ'd with nothing to hit too hard; Salamence's Fire Blast doesn't OHKO, but Hippowdon's Ice Fang does, or Roar could stop a sweep in the works before it gets started up; Donphan would be able to keep up with it tit-for-tat, and probably win except for the occasional unlucky crit(s), if it didn't have Slack Off, so it has to Roar it out; and lolJolteon that should go without saying.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

How about Alakazam?  It can do tons of damage to Hippwodon, assuming it's not runnig Psyshock.

• edited 2012-04-15 19:54:15

Maybe, but I don't know if I want to replace Reuniclus for it, and I don't know what else would do. Come to think of it, the only reason Reuniclus isn't more effective is probably that it itself is using Psyshock in place of Psychic. Basically, it's between a turn of setup (Trick Room), multiple turns of setup that's more difficult to pull off but more rewarding (CM), or a significantly less bulky poke that doesn't need setup (Alakazam).

Hmm.

• Okay, in my Red game, I have a Body Slam TM. I want to use it on one of my Pokemon, either my Nidoking or my Gyarados. I'm trying to decide who should get it. I'm a bit leaning towards Gyarados since it has higher Attack and Nidoking already has Thrash. And mind you, this is for an in-game run.

• I'm a damn twisted person

To be fair, they had a team built on avoiding spikes/poison spikes, so that kinda threw your opening strategy to shit. Still, that is a great build for Vaporeon, what with the "fuck you that's why" walling.

• edited 2012-04-30 14:52:35

Yeah, Roserade was mostly useless that fight. I just reflexively set up hazards, though. That sorta caused some problems, and it's what I meant when I said I made some terrible plays. The other terrible play was leaving Infernape in on Landorus, even though everyone uses it with a Scarf. I wonder if even a +2 Mach Punch would have OHKO'd it.

But it's really kind of lucky that I got the crit on Conkeldurr, or that could have actually been cut short. Though I could have sent in Skarmory . . . but then I would have to take a hit from Heatran with Vaporeon after he switches it in.

• Definitely not gay.

Just coming back to say that I finally came around to beating the Dragon's Den.

Clair is a B-I-T-C-H.

• edited 2012-05-02 10:25:50
    I'm a damn twisted person

That's why I'm glad I took the Eevee I got from Bill, traded it into my Diamond file and evolved it to Glaceon. And then bred it back. Man running a team of Typholsion, Lanturn, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon and Scizor for the Gen 2 Elite 4 was a blast. 

Also, good news for anybody who ever wanted to get a Darkrai. No hard dates yet, but soon. 

• Definitely not gay.

I dunno dude, isn't an Eevee team kind of sub-optimal?

• I'm a damn twisted person

For single player, not really. And Vaporeon and Umbreon make great walls, while Espeon and Glaceon tend to just kill things dead. The other three, not as great. 

• Definitely not gay.

Flareon and Leafeon suck, yes, but Jolteon is very, very boss.

A thought: what if every member of the Eeveelution family tree shared one movepool, consisting of every move previously restricted to every other member?

• edited 2012-05-02 16:39:29
    No rainbow star
    No wonder I stopped for so long

Two level 28's and a level 32 to raise to level 35, and a level 37 to raise to level 42 for the ground leader

I think he's the fifth leader? The water/fire/grass gym... Then normal... Then bug... Then electric... Yep, 5th leader
    >Glaceon's good

>Jolteon's not
  • I really need to turn on HG/SS again long enough to grind up and actually beat Red.  I remember beating Blue while on vacation in Nebraska last year, then walking up to Red and realizing he had like 30 goddamn levels over me and nothing leading up to him to grind against.

• Definitely not gay.

I just realized how scary my previous idea was.

Imagine this:

Jolteon @ Choice Specs

252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe

Modest/Timid

-Thunderbolt

-Ice Beam

-Surf/Scald

-Flamethrower/Leaf Storm/Shadow Ball

Jolteon would probably usurp Starmie's throne as most ferocious boltbeamer with his STAB on T-bolt and higher stats. Last slot is for coverage: Flamethrower is for Steels (especially Ferro and Sciz), Leaf Storm is for Gastrodon, and Shadow Ball is for things like Reuniclus and Alakazam

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I feel like Leaf Storm should be an option for the 3rd move, too, as Water/Grounds would be a bigger problem than Fire for this set.

I wish Jolteon had that much of a variety.

• Definitely not gay.

Leaf Storm also takes care of pesky Terrakion!

• a little muffled

Fuck, I hate Focus Blast so so much.