If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• If that don't work, use more gun.

One player I battle with regularly actually puts a focus sash on it.  Guaranteeing that it gets a Shell Smash off.  Course Sandstorm kills that strategy.

• Hmm, I guess I should pick up White again.

Okay, Youngster Astor, let's trample yo-

(Youngster Astor send out Lv. 63 Metapod)

• Remember the incident where I caught Cobalion with one Dusk Ball? Well, I caught Kyurem with only 3 Dusk Balls. It's like the ones I expect to take a really long time to catch I get lucky at.

• No rainbow star

^ Start expecting them all to take forever. Eventually, you'll only need one Pokeball each time :D

• So, I still have my Master Ball and I only have Volcarona left and my Larvesta egg hatched, so if I take the long way and evolve my Larvesta, what else do I have to use it on?

• No rainbow star

^ A shiny Pokemon that knows Roar, Whirlwind, Explosion, Self Destruct, or other, "Fuck you you aren't catching ME!" moves

• edited 2012-03-19 03:34:25
    I'm a damn twisted person

Your roaming legendary? And seriously just catch Volcarona unless you want it on your team. Leveling up Larvesta is a pain.

• I've already got Thundurus caught with 10 Quick Balls. I'll be lazy and catch a Volcarona.

• edited 2012-04-11 21:41:32
    Has friends besides tanks now

New team! I used a lot of my mainstays from before (VaporJolteon core, Staraptor and Accelgor for Live Fast Die Young hilarity, and Reuniclus cuz he's a champ), but now I also have METAGROSS! Dear God does this guy save my ass! Just slap Agility on him and he wrecks everything . . . until the Life Orb I slapped on him kills him. Might try Expert Belt. But in the six or so games I've played since I put this team together, I only lost once, to a Drizzle team. Got swept by Ludicolo. >.> But other than that, it's kicked some tail; just get Spikes up/Final Gambit something annoying, get Metagross in and get some stuff out of the way, and sweep with Reuniclus.

Might also switch Vaporeon for another fast and hard hitter, since it isn't really doing shit . . . Maybe Gengar.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-11 21:51:24

>Gengar

I approve of this decision. So recently playing Red again. Trying to use Pokémon I normally don't use for the most part. Like Nidoking & Gyarados for example. Looking into actually using a Snorlax.

• edited 2012-04-11 21:47:04
    Has friends besides tanks now

Either that, or Scarf Haxorus, as I'm known to do, and just Outrage as many things as possible, clearing more things out of the way for Reunibro.

Or swap Staraptor, whose speed tier is admittedly quite disappointing, for Haxorus.

• No rainbow star

Is Volcarona a legendary that happens to breed or a normal Pokemon that just happens to be found at level 70 in the wild, is found only through scripted events (either the Larvesta egg or at level 70 in a one time capture), and goes, "Fuck the standard!"?

• edited 2012-04-12 00:56:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It's an exceptionally rare pseudolegendary with one evolutionary stage fewer than normal.

I mean, IIRC, even Phione is officially considered not a legendary.

• That reminds me. I still have a Master Ball to use in White. Might as well use it on something.

• No rainbow star

^^ What is the source for it not being legendary? Because all I'm seeing as evidence is the evolution thing, which means shit to me as it's just being arbitrary (Manaphy hatches from an egg and lays eggs. Latios and Latias are gendered. Heatran is gendered AND can be either gender. Why wasn't the line drawn at any of those points (ok, Latios and Latias were kind of obvious, but why not draw the line at Manaphy? Until the anime there was, to my knowledge, NOTHING stating that it was a legendary (and battle tower doesn't count as it allows some legendaries yet bans Phione)

• No rainbow star

^ Crake: Issue is that Bulbapedia doesn't debunk it

Going off of other things:

-The ban list allows some legendaries

-Some legendaries don't keep the same name between countries

-Some legendaries (the regis) are used merely as tools and have no control over an aspect of nature

-Volcarona, if not a legendary, is, to my knowledge, the only non legendary along with Larvesta (once again depending on if they aren't legendaries) to learn a move at level 100

-Volcarona DOES have mythology (was used as an artificial sun)

Pretty much the only reason people are saying it is not a legendary is because of the breeding, which makes no sense to me. Gamefreak has broken patterns before. I could understand it if it had a few other things

• I'm a damn twisted person

Typical reasoning is the breedability really. And really having Volcarona not be a legendary doesn't make it any less cool. 

• edited 2012-04-12 01:58:30
    No rainbow star

^ True. I don't care one way or another if Volcarona is a legendary or not (other than it would allow me to go, "SEE!? Now STOP ASSUMING THINGS!"), I just find it annoying that the ONLY argument appears to be breedability, as if Gamefreak has NEVER broken patterns involving legendaries before

EDIT: Hell, people word it as, "Volcarona is not a legendary, period" instead of, "Volcarona could be a legendary, but as of now we don't have enough proof to say either way, so we're playing it safe and saying, 'It is not a legendary Pokemon'" (or, "Volcarona is assumed to not be a legendary" if you want to be brief)

• I'm a damn twisted person

That's generally the hard and fast rule. One wild version of that pokemon per file and the inability to breed to make more. 

• No rainbow star

^ Doesn't mean Gamefreak can't break their rule (I understand that there has to be a cut off at some point - obviously one can't go, "x Pokemon matches all the stuff except for the not being available in tall grass in unlimited quantities! Doesn't mean it isn't a legendary!" without HEAVY evidence in their favour)

I just would like it if people could be open to the possibility (hell, remember when people said that Gamefreak would never release a pure flying type?)

• Definitely not gay.

This game is probably the only game where a weasel, John Wayne Gacy, and Ernie & Bert are the biggest threats to Godzilla.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'm preeeety sure Volcarona's not a legendary, not only because it's breedable, but also because you can find more than one in game (according to a friend who's played through a fifth gen game, you can find one as an egg and one as a special encounter). Not to mention its stat total is too low, except when compared to Phione. I'd also argue that it's not a pseudolegendary (by Poke definition; technically, I'd say it counts as more of a pseudolegendary than the acknowledged pseudolegendaries); it only has two stages of evolution, and its stat total isn't 600.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Volcarona is an odd bug. Mechanically it's not a legendary since, like Everest said, it's BST is rather low, and it's not 1 per game unique. Lorewise it's a legendary because it's incredibly rare, and has had an entire civilization worshipping it as a sun god.

• Definitely not gay.

It's also not very practical, since while it is absurdly powerful it comes too late for it to be any good.

Like Hydreigon!

Is it me, or is there, like, this new trend where people run lots of dragons on their team at the same time? It's kind of annoying, because it doesn't take that much skill to run it well.

• No rainbow star
    ^ That reminds me, we still need to do our tourneys

I had selected Ghost and Electric if I recall
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^You call that new? That's just a hair less cliche than "all starters + Pikachu" or "all legendaries".

I mean in competitive battling.