If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Then it's only slightly less cliche than (Garchomp+Stealth Rocker+SkarmBliss).

• a little muffled

I like double dragon teams. :(

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-12 22:52:10

Do you nickname said dragons Bimmy Billy and Jimmy then?

• Definitely not gay.

Speaking of which, what's a good Double Dragon offensive core for OU?

• edited 2012-04-13 06:50:13
    Has friends besides tanks now

Have I ever told you all how much of a fucking bro Reuniclus is? Or how good it feels to be down 4-1, set up Trick Room, and take out those four pokemon in a row before Trick Room wears off?

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Or being able to easily get +3 +3, Recover any damage you take and OHKO almost everything.

• edited 2012-04-13 08:26:02

That's pretty nice too. I'm using the Trick Room variant at the moment because my team is much more heavily offensive.

Might switch Starmie for Tentacruel, though; I've already got Electric and Ice coverage (not that extra ice coverage isn't good, mind), Starmie's more fragile, and Tentacruel can set up Toxic Spikes.

• edited 2012-04-13 16:27:34
    a little muffled

@Eelektross:

Speaking of which, what's a good Double Dragon offensive core for OU?

Either Scarf/Band Haxorus + DDMence or MixMence + DDNite I'd say. But honestly I don't know OU that well. Flygon + Kingdra is pretty sweet in UU though.

• Definitely not gay.

Actually, I've been trying to get into BW UU because I heard it was just like DPPt OU.

• edited 2012-04-14 07:58:41
    Definitely not gay.

Woo! Caught my namesake!

And it's MODEST too!

• No rainbow star

^^ I want to try the same thing now, but with a Magikarp

ALL (but the ghost type) WILL FEAR HIS FLAIL AND TACKLE!

You know, I wonder what competitive tourneys would be like if Pokemon were real?

Then again, didn't the anime once take a stab at representing a competitive player, with the character demolishing Ash using Darkrai and Latios?

• a little muffled

@Eelektross:

Actually, I've been trying to get into BW UU because I heard it was just like DPPt OU.

Flygon is a top-tier Pokémon in UU (number 4 in usage) and that's all I need to want to play it. I don't always play PO, but when I do, I prefer UU.

Though now I'm trying to make a double dragon team for OU just because.

• No rainbow star

Yay Flygon is loved :D

• edited 2012-04-14 13:47:17

Then again, didn't the anime once take a stab at representing a competitive player, with the character demolishing Ash using Darkrai and Latios?

That was supposed to be based on a competitive player? And they had Latios too? I knew the guy who beat Ash had a Darkrai, but . . .

Man, fuck the writers who came up with that.

• Has friends besides tanks now

. . . That would be even worse; Paul was a total douche, from what little I saw of it.

• edited 2012-04-14 14:18:43
    I'm a damn twisted person

That was the point. If you were to apply the competitive player scene's ruthless darwinism and hard on for pg eugenics, it becomes unpalatble when the creatures it is subjected to are more sympathetic than blocks of stats with a sprite attached. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

I guess so. I feel like, if pokemon were real, there would be a line drawn, though. You'd get your douchebags, but there'd be people who still love their pokemon, but are just more competitively inclined and happen to only go after the strong pokemon, or something.

• If Pokémon were real, I would be much more frightened by things that go bump in the night. Friggin' Ghost types. (I still love you, Gastly family)
  • I'm a damn twisted person

If pokemon were real they would be weaponized faster than a Speed Boost Blaziken could sweep a team of Parasects.

• a little muffled

The thing is, in the anime:
    a) IVs likely don't exist in any meaningful sense,
    b) Rather than EVs, Pokémon simply get stronger when they train, like real people,
    c) Pokémon have actual personalities rather than immutable "natures" that effect their performances in a very specific way,
    d) Pokémon can use more than four moves.

So basically you'd just have to find ones with the right abilities.

• I'm a damn twisted person

IVs will still exist, just not as hard and fast. Certain specimens from the same species will still have higher physical or mental abilities. 

• edited 2012-04-14 18:02:21

I kept wondering why anyone would ever use DDMence over DDorus, since their speed tiers are so close, but then I remembered that Salamence has Moxie.

I love DDMence now.

• edited 2012-04-14 18:14:00
    a little muffled

Mence also gets Fire-type moves.

Edit: And is very good at sweeping my terrible double dragon team.

• edited 2012-04-14 18:18:32

And I know Nyktos's alt now, but I'll be nice and not expose it to the entire thread. :P

But yeah, Salamence pretty much devours everything if you send him in at the right time. I don't think I've ever had to Dragon Dance more than once to set up a sweep.

Fire Blast is a nice perk, too.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I have four Pokemon above Level 16 in Heart Gold, and I haven't even faced the first Gym :x

• edited 2012-04-14 18:34:16

>sun team
    >gonna try to set up an early body bag sweep with Salamence; wonder if he'll see it coming
    >take out Gallade
    >one down, five to go
    >his Salamence
    >lol
    >it's Sashed
    >it takes out Salamence

>:/

At least I had the rest of my team and still won 3-0, I guess. But two more of his pokemon were Focus Sashed. And I was kind of an idiot and thought Metagross might be able to take at least one Flamethrower from Ninetales.

But that's enough Pokeymanz for today; gonna watch some Haganai now.

• No rainbow star

Crake: Oh yeah, Paul was also a stab at it. I meant Tobias though

• a little muffled

Man, I came so close to 6-0ing a team just now. It was a hail team, and I lead with Scarftran. Sadly Fire Blast missed after OHKOing four of his guys and he got the OHKO back with Weavile's Low Kick.

I still won though.