If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Musicals?

• edited 2012-05-08 10:58:01
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Black and White.

Pokémon Musicals

And yes, I have played the finale High School Musical number a couple of times while playing.

^^ LVL 1 without IVs or LVL 100 with perfect IVs and perfect stats regardless of EVs? and how the hell do I know about this stuff.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

^ Probably Base Stats (The number that most websites give).

I.E. Salamance has 100 Base Speed and 135 Base Attack.

• Definitely not gay.

None of them are very original tbh. Loki is Zoroark with a far lower base ATK, for example.

What Base Stat totals were you going for? I'd have expected you to give legendary stat totals, at least for some of them, like the Hulk and the Asgardians.

• Definitely not gay.

^ I'm working on two sets for each character, actually. One is for standard and the other is for Ubers.

Ah.

Lol Hawkeye in Ubers.

• Definitely not gay.

Also, note to self: do not base team choices on DPPt OU.

...actually, that's a good idea for a Pearl or Platinum run.

• No rainbow star

^ Why not?

...Wait, do you mean for 5th generation OU, or for your Avengers team?

• Definitely not gay.

No, I mean 4th generation OU.

I learned this the hard way. Umbreon is not a good sweeper.

• edited 2012-05-09 16:30:30
    No rainbow star
    God dammit. Wanted a Joltik so badly!

Yet I get a Boldore :<

Damn Nuzlocke
  • edited 2012-05-10 19:27:17
    a little muffled

Man, so I just had the lulziest battle. I can't post a replay since PO refuses to save logs for me, but basically how it went was: He led with Haxorus, I led with my bro Flygon. Now, I figured I outsped, so I went for a U-turn, but he turned out to be scarfed and OHKO'd with Outrage. I sent in Heatran, set up rocks, and HP Iced on the final turn of Outrage. Then, since he was confused, I figured he'd switch out, and went to something else for the double switch. Nope, Outrage takes away half his health, then KOs on the second turn. So, he switched out then, right? Nope. Outrage again, OHKOing my Heatran. This now makes three consecutive attacks without getting a confusion, and I'm worried.

I consider sending in my revenge killer at this point, but I have a good feeling about this turn, so I send out my own Haxorus instead, and while he finally kills himself with confusion I set up a Dragon Dance. Long story short: he has no Steel-types and no other scarfers, and Haxorus proceeds to sweep his entire team. (I run a Lum Berry, so I didn't have to worry about confusion on the second Outrage.)

So, yeah, moral of this story is that Haxorus Outrages hit hard, man.

Lum Berry Haxorus and Scarf Haxorus are both amazing sets to run. Even though I've recently discovered Salamence, Haxorus is still one of my favorite pokemon.

Maybe I'll use a dual dragon core with Intimidate DDance Salamence and Scarfed Haxorus. And I'll probably fit Reuniclus in there somewhere. Then I'll need hazards, probably a spinner, and . . . fuck, I dunno, Breloom or something. I'm kinda not very good at making cohesive teams.

• edited 2012-05-10 19:53:13
    a little muffled

Me neither. I kinda like the one I have, but it's not really that good. I use Flygon and Haxorus for double dragon goodness. (Flygon over other choices primarily because I also have Tyranitar on the team, but also because I'll take any excuse to use Flygon.)

• edited 2012-05-10 21:33:28
    Has friends besides tanks now

If I get back into this (and I really shouldn't, so don't tempt me, bro), I'll probably start by basing a team around Breloom, because who doesn't love SporePunching people to death? People who get SporePunched to death, presumably, but that's beside the point.

You know what else that team needs? Jirachi. I still need to make that troll team, and those two are definitely going to be on it. I remember Marioguy saying Gastrodon is a good troll, but no one on the PO server uses any water types that aren't that douchebag Rotom-W anymore. I suppose that's another good fit.

• edited 2012-05-10 23:24:24
    No rainbow star

I posted this in the Heaper's Hangout version of this thread:

Also, my sister tried to use the event Darkrai to beat the third gym leader. I managed to get her to switch to her other pokemon before she beat Dwebble and Leavenny and got her to agree that it's more satisfying to struggle for your victory

Oh, and although I'm not there yet, any advice for Ghetsis when I reach him? This is a Nuzlocke run, so should I level my Pokemon to 60 after the elite four? Or can you not leave the castle, and thus I should train before the E4? (Currently... Well, I don't really need to train for the 6th gym. My team is 35+, due to overtraining for Clay)

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Rotom-W's like so OU, which is why Gastrodon is a good troll.  I've seen it everywhere so Gastrodon helped me a lot.

• edited 2012-05-11 10:50:13
    Definitely not gay.

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
    Levitate
    252 Sp. Atk/4 Sp. Def/252 Spe
    Modest
    -Leaf Storm
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Volt Switch

OK, this is my main man. Hits all the bulky Waters in the tier for a good amount of damage. Leaf Storm 2HKOes specially defensive Milotic.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
    Timid
    -Nasty Plot
    -Dark Pulse
    -Fire Blast
    -HP Ground 

With the threat of bulky Waters gone, Houndoom can sweep almost uninhibited. Houndoom also helps Rotom-C with its trouble breaking through Steel walls. I'm running Nasty Plot because Houndoom needs to make the most out of its switch-in, as it has a rocks weakness. Dark Pulse takes care of Psychics. Fire Blast is its main attack move, and it hits all the Steels for a good amount of damage. HP Ground is mainly for other Houndoom, but is also good against things like Steels that are neutral to Fire Blast.

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
    -Steadfast
    252 Atk/252 Spe
    Adamant
    -Psycho Cut
    -Stone Edge
    -Close Combat
    -Leaf Blade

My team was totally walled by other Houndoom, also things like Hariyama and Heracross threatened to sweep uninhibited. Gallade was included to check these problems. CC and Psycho Cut are for STAB. Stone Edge is for coverage against Flyers. Leaf Blade is an extra coverage move.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    -Torrent
    252 HP/8 Sp. Atk/248 Def/
    Relaxed
    -Scald
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Stealth Rock

The unusual ev spread is so that Swampy can have some offensive presence while still being able to wall a decent portion of the metagame. Scald and EQ are STAB. Ice Beam gets good coverage with Scald and EQ, because it hits Grasses who think that they can score a free switch-in (Tangrowth in particular). SR is actually its main purpose. I chose SR over Spikes because of the offensive nature of my set.

What do you guys think?

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Swapert's Sp. Atk sucks no matter how much you invest in it.

• Definitely not gay.

While it is true that Swampert's special attack is lackluster, this EV spread allows it to utilize Scald and function somewhat under a burn.

• edited 2012-05-11 10:49:50
    Has friends besides tanks now

Swampert also has 10 EV's too many (well, technically only 8 too many, but 10 more than it can actually use, in any case). /nitpick

@Marioguy: Hmm. Good point, though; it's pretty much the perfect wall for Rotom-W.

Now to get something to troll Scizor, because Scizor is getting tiresome. And no, I'm not going to lower myself to using Scizor, even if it's legitimately that annoying at this point.

• No rainbow star
    ^ 252 + 8 = 260 + 248 = 508

Max ev's are 510
  • I'll just leave this here.

^ 252 + 8 = 260 + 248 = 508

Max ev's are 510

Note that he edited his post after I made mine; Sp. Atk originally had 18 EV's.

• No rainbow star

Ah, ok then

Anybody have a Tepig or Archen egg they can trade me? I can't breed my Carracosta at the moment (no Ditto), nor my Snivy (once again, no Ditto - Damn main story...), but I do have a female Dewott I can breed

• No rainbow star

So, the Kami Trio gets new forms...

Not that ba-WHAT DA FUQ IS WRONG WITH LANDORUS!?

HE LOOKS LIKE A BRAIN DAMAGED OSTRICH!

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

You sure that's not fake? Cause that looks really fake to me.

• edited 2012-05-11 20:44:10
    No rainbow star

^ It's the cover of Corocoro

EDIT: Ok, looks like it's from a leaked cover... And the leaker is saying things like Blue, Giovanni, and so on will appear in BW2

Now I am starting to doubt

But goddamn I will never forget that derp ostrich face

• Definitely not gay.

Guys.

Help anyone?

• a little muffled

Team looks okay to me, but given how well my teams tend to do I wouldn't trust me on this.