If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, okay.

I thought there might have been some sort of surprise :P

• Has friends besides tanks now

Okay, let's see it. (It probably went that nothing could touch Deoxys due to its humongous evasion bonus, and it OHKO'd everything)

• edited 2012-02-25 22:14:23
    No rainbow star

^^ The surprise is that Charles has been secretly hiding a wisdom and intelligence stat of 90 each and his father is Arceus

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, give me a second.

Deoxys rushed Raichu and used Night Shade. Raichu took 100 damage, sending him to -46 health.

The Pokemon rushed Deoxys. Deoxys didn't even bother dodging; his Defence tanked the hits, at a whopping 34 apiece, and he took minimal damage (12 overall).

Deoxys used Psycho Boost. It instantly KO'd four Pokemon, killing one of them.

Deoxys again tanked the hits, only taking 2 damage this time.

Hold on, mapping more of it out.

Imagine how tough Deoxys would be to handle if it could change on the fly in the games.

• No rainbow star

...Night Shade does damage equal to the level o.o;

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Deoxys uses Teleport, shifting over to the Rocket grunts.

The other Pokemon run after him. The four closest Grunts close in on Deoxys.

Deoxys uses Psychic. The Rocket Grunt takes 91 damage, dying instantly.

The other Grunts hightail it. The Pokemon close in on Deoxys. Deoxys again takes literally no damage this time.

Need I go on?

Shit, I actually forgot STAB bonuses there. +20 damage to every attack means all attacks but Night Shade so far have been lethal.

So . . . if it was nice enough to provide information on it to us through Jackie's Pokedex, I wonder if it would have actually been kind to us.

I can't comment because INUH doesn't want spoilers.

• No rainbow star

Please go on Cygan. I'm enjoying this :D

I can't comment because INUH doesn't want spoilers.

I didn't expect you to answer. I was just wondering to myself.

too much effort

Suffice to say, he waits until he's surrounded, then uses Zap Cannon, which kills the Bibarel and paralyzes all the others. He then wipes out the Pokemon to his right with Hyper Beam, waits a round, then picks the rest off with Psycho Shift and Pursuit, each attack killing/knocking out a Pokemon.

Overall, the battle took about two and a half minutes.

• No rainbow star

And this is why you don't piss off a legendary Pokemon in PTA

It helps that none of the Pokemon there are > Level 40.

• edited 2012-02-25 22:58:17
    Has friends besides tanks now

Are all the Legendaries that powerful, or even close? I mean, the abilities that they had in the games weren't exceptional, so they were often upstaged even by standard pokemon. So they'd all need new things to be as powerful as that. Not that many of them are probably as powerful as Deoxys; since it can apparently shift forms on the fly, it basically has better stats than Arceus, and it has a movepool optimized for damage.

• No rainbow star

^ Let me put it simply:

Yes. Yes they are

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

BTW, Cygan, feel free to cut to us reaching Cerulean whenever. I'm not sure anything's really going to happen before that unless you have encounters planned or something.

I have one encounter planned. Just so Everest can finally catch a Pokemon :V

Are all the Legendaries that powerful, or even close? I mean, the abilities that they had in the games weren't exceptional, so they were often upstaged even by standard pokemon. So they'd all need new things to be as powerful as that. Not that many of them are probably as powerful as Deoxys; since it can apparently shift forms on the fly, it basically has better stats than Arceus, and it has a movepool optimized for damage.

Let me put it simply:

Yes. Yes they are

Also:

> it basically has better stats than Arceus

> implying you don't have to deal 10,000 damage to Arceus in an hour before he can even take damage

• edited 2012-02-25 23:07:48
    No rainbow star

^^ Unless Everest wants to leave the rp

^ And yeah, that

• edited 2012-02-25 23:09:09

Just saw that detail, actually. :V

^ >:/

Thanks, Cygan.

Well, I figured I'd do the encounter next session.

No worries, Everest.

Also

Capabilities: Overland 20, Surface 20, Underwater 20, Sky 20, Burrow 20, Jump 10, Power 10, Intelligence 7, Aura, Avatar, Divine, Glow, Invisibility, Telekinetic, Telepath

> Arceus

• edited 2012-02-25 23:11:04
    No rainbow star

^^^ ...Wait, did I just mix you up with Forzare?

^ Which means Arceus could be behind us right now... Watching... Waiting o.o

• edited 2012-02-25 23:13:51

> Arceus

I meant strictly stats in my original post; I didn't comment on Abilities because that would quite clearly put Arceus above Deoxys.

^^^ ...Wait, did I just mix you up with Forzare?

I don't see how you've managed to mix us up, since he hasn't even posted here since we started the session.

It also seems that everyone else forgot that it was Carrie who had the dream, not Jackie.

Arceus has lower stats in Deoxy's forms specialized fields, but higher all-round stats at 12 apiece.

• edited 2012-02-25 23:16:27

My point was that Deoxys's stats are effectively higher overall because it can use the highs and lows whenever it pleases, so it might as well have a constant >12 set of defenses and >12 set of attacking stats.

• No rainbow star

^^^ I mean in terms of who wants to quit

But Deoxys has a lower overall HP stat. None of Deoxys' forms have a HP over 5, which means Arceus has 21 higher HP off the bat.