If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It is 6:05 PM.

• No rainbow star

Everest: Well, if Charles can't convince her, then he'll battle her into agreeing

• Has friends besides tanks now

Hopefully she'd have a chance to counter-convince him before fighting back. :V

• No rainbow star

...It's Charles we're talking about

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

He'd have to battle Carrie too. :V

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Two people should remember the dreams I sent them :V

• edited 2012-01-22 01:12:25
    No rainbow star

^^ Yeah, I know. He'd have to likely battle everybody, which is what I want to avoid

I do wonder if Charles would be willing to fight dirty and have Snow and Dynamo directly attack you guys or your Pokeballs, however. Not sure if that is in his character or not

Of course, he did have an experience with Darkrai and, whether it is real or fake, he believes it to be real, so he may not act completely like himself

• edited 2012-01-22 01:12:29
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^ But nobody except Charles has slept yet.

Not yet

• No rainbow star

Cygan, how much of a detour would 60 miles around Mt Moon be? The less of a detour, the easier it will be to convince everybody, especially since climbing over a mountain would be more dangerous than going around it

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

But then that doesn't have any bearing on how our characters would react to his ranting yet

No, but it will- or should eventually :V

Also, I may be a bit late tomorrow, have to go to the RTA.

• No rainbow star

:< My question wasn't answered

And I hope those dreams end up having them back up Charles on staying away from Mt Moon

• edited 2012-01-22 01:23:35
    No rainbow star

Forzare, you still on?

EDIT: Of course you post in PTA Proper right after I've checked

I was typing.  :V

Cygan, how much of a detour would 60 miles around Mt Moon be?

A fair way, couple days.

• No rainbow star

Ah, so it is enough of a detour that I had better hope the two who got dreams listen to them (...or not listen to them if they say to go to Mt Moon), or this could be bad...

...Hmm... Cygan, I need to ask you something over PM

Go ahead and PM me, that's fine.

oh jesus

• edited 2012-01-22 01:44:54
    No rainbow star

Don't worry Forzare

Whatever is going to happen, it is going to be typically Charles

...Wait what am I saying stay awake and have a baseball bat ready at all times!

EDIT: Also, next posts, do not make it morning. Charles still has something to do that night

• edited 2012-01-22 01:45:49
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

oh shit, charles didn't see darkrai, he has hinamizawa syndrome

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we're fucked

Charles still has something to do that night

D:

• edited 2012-01-22 01:54:40
    No rainbow star

Hinamizawa Syndrome? What's that?

And what Charles is going to do next... May make everybody hate him forever and a day

EDIT: Giving Greg and Ray a chance to wake up. Not sure if this requires a roll against their stats or not to keep from waking them

EDIT 2: I am STILL not sure if Charles is also going to try this with Carrie's and Jackie's Pokemon as well. On the one hand, then he'd have disabled them all. On the other hand, unzipping the tent may wake Jackie and cause Charles to end up having his limbs broken. Severely D:

• edited 2012-01-22 02:02:25
    I think Charles is going to have limbs broken anyway when people find out.

And Bob isn't even in his ball. So basically, if he comes into the tent, he's getting a Bone Club to the knee. :P
  • edited 2012-01-22 02:02:52
    No rainbow star

Charles has one advantage (as he's going to hide the balls):

"Don't do as I say and you'll never find your Pokemon" (Well, unless any Pokemon he doesn't manage to hide have a good sense of smell, in which case he may be screwed)

I just hope everybody will see that he's frazzled and hopefully not KILL him as he would appear to not be completely in the right frame of mind to them

I see this going one of two ways: Play along to get Pokemon back (then possibly beat him up) and go anyway, or beat the shit out of him until he talks and go anyway.

And if Bob wakes up while he's in the tent, bones will probably be broken.

This is a bad idea for Charles. :V
  • No rainbow star

Yes, but has Charles shown himself to be a source of good ideas?

And if it is the latter, well, he's going to have a plan for that

Even if he gets away with it though, unless it turns out that he was under Darkrai's control (which is a possibility, I guess) everyone in the party is going to hate him, considering that he's basically kidnapping their best friends and holding them hostage. Even if he was acting on impulse.
  • edited 2012-01-22 02:20:06
    No rainbow star

Yes, I realize that. Charles also realizes that

Considering his past interactions with you guys (the outright lying to Jackie and not believing her to actually care for him on any level), his rashness, and how freaked out he got after realizing that he was talking to Darkrai (or at least thinking he was), I think this is the most logical move for him (as an character. As an action it is one of the dumbest things he could possibly do)

Only thing I'm trying to figure out is, despite this feeling like a Charles thing for him to do, considering that he doesn't believe you guys to truly care for him, why does he care so much about you guys going there? Carrie did say that she'd go there without him, so it can't be because he's scared of being forced. So the rationale there is that, even though he doesn't think any of you are really his friends, he doesn't want you guys to be hurt anyways (or at least not your Pokemon)

But yeah, at this point I'd consider him probably out of his mind. Even if the whole Darkrai thing is proven to be true, well, he essentially told his Pokemon to attack Ray and Greg if they wake up. Snow likely will just cower, but Dynamo would go ahead and do it most likely. But yeah, he's essentially putting your lives in danger just to stay away from Mt Moon

At this point, the best case scenario is if Ray wakes up (I don't imagine Greg would be able to break out of his shy shell enough to attempt to stop Charles), sees what's going on, keeps from getting electrocuted and frozen, and tries to get Charles to stop what he is doing and think it through

EDIT: Alternatively, Carrie could go, "Wait, this is Charles. The guy who CHARGED AT A ROCKET MEMBER. He said he'd do anything to keep us from going to Mt Moon. I'd better go to his tent before he does something he'll regret". That could also be a best case scenario

Well, Carrie does have 14 intelligence and wisdom. If anyone would realize that he might not wait for morning to be stupid, it's her. I dunno, though. Should I make a roll to figure out if the thought strikes her before she falls asleep?

I will confirm two things.

1) He did indeed meet Darkrai, and Darkrai's human protector/channeler. They are here for a reason, which you will eventually find out.

2) Darkrai did have good intentions towards Charles. He was trying to bring Charles back to camp safely and get them to stay away from somewhere where major shit will be going down. However, Darkrai's very presence messes with people's heads, especially when they're asleep, which any of you could have picked up on.