If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• edited 2011-11-27 23:23:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    On the other hand, though, your main attack is weaker, your armor vanishes and you can't restore health normally.

Also: FUCK. I typed out an entire entry for my journal, then accidentally hit "refresh," losing the whole thing T_T
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, I'm not gonna go with either.

Just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline.

You can keep playing after the end of the main plot, right?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yep.
    Well, patch 1.2 is out and...apparently, the game's significantly buggier.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Yes indeed, resistance of all kind is buggered.
    Also it appears there are still texture issues on the Xbox.
  • Have already made a new character. She's going to be a High Elf pure mage.

I noticed the point where you have to switch from the flamethrower spell to the firebolt spell annoys me quite a bit. If I had one complaint about the magic system works, it's that you HAVE to switch to new spells that do different thing in order to kill things properly. It's not like the weapon skills where you can use swords the whole game OR maces the whole game; for magic you MUST switch from flamethrower to firebolt (or equivalents) or else you die.
    you HAVE to switch to new spells that do different thing in order to kill things properly 
    I'm not entirely convinced of this. I killed Alduin with nothing but the first-tier electricity spell you find in the tutorial.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^ Did I just see a crab kill a dragon?
    Yes. And a bear, which, oddly enough, is the bigger accomplishment.
  • No rainbow star
    Bears are tougher than dragons in that game?

Guess Stephen Colbert was right
    Well, Dragons have effective strategies against them with all forms of combat. That's less true of bears.
  • edited 2011-12-01 22:05:28
    Has friends besides tanks now
    So far, the most amusing thing to happen to me is when I let fly an arrow into a wolf's haunch while it was leaping and enjoyed its backflip and tumble down a hill.

In other words, I haven't played it much yet (I'm almost level 4, fuck yeah). Glad I'm not obsessed, though.

EDIT: Finished killing the bandit chief at some keep or other. Man, that quest was fun, especially shooting down a bandit archer from the floor below. And I leveled up to level 5 at some point, but the last room in the quest to retrieve some guy's sword ended poorly, so I'm putting that quest off.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Bears do a lot more damage than dragons, too. :<
  • Just popping in to post this.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ dat feel
    ^^

Heavy armour wearer.

Werechairs!

• edited 2011-12-03 12:30:21
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I think I'm going to restart my Skyrim playthrough. Same character (and also the first character type I wanted; I didn't switch partway through), but minus attempted killing spree shenanigans and firing at random people. Also, not wasting level-up increases of Magicka, since I don't plan to use Magic as often as I'd thought at first.

Luckily I'm only level 5 in my current file.
  • edited 2011-12-03 12:36:29
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    What kind of character are you playing?

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Sneaky Wood Elf archer.
    Yeah, I leveled up magicka a bunch of times in the first few levels, and wasted a few perks on magic trees. I've been playing pretty much straight assassin since level six or so. :l
    I leveled up magicka a lot, and it was worth it for awhile, then I hit 100 enchanting and made an armorset that made me not have to spend magicka at all.
    Back up to level 5, with my first slain dragon and shout and stuff.
    I'm level 28 and I've barely touched the main story.
    I'd recommend getting to the point where you get the Dragonrend shout, just because it's really useful.
    I've only gotten up to where you get the full FUS RO DAH shout.
    I really should get back to my journal...I haven't played since I wrote up a huge entry only for my computer to crash or something.
    I'm focusing more on the main story because I want to play a game that's not Skyrim some time before I head to college.
  • so  I restarted as a Breton sneak thief with dual sword wieldan. Nothing has quite amused as much so far as being horrifically overlevelled due to pickpocketing. Also at some point I should probably start the main plotline. I'm already lvl 16 and all. But I kinda wanna be midlevel before I do so lydia starts with decent stats.