If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^That would basically make your character a nazi. I'm not even exaggerating.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I might get this game by the end of the week.

So...are there any disc one nukes or really exploitable gamebreakers I should know about?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "That would basically make your character a nazi. I'm not even exaggerating."

Ah. I see.
  • edited 2011-11-20 19:34:35
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Punching with heavy armor is way way way overpowered. Especially if you're a Khajiit.

Other than that, though, you mostly need to grind one of your skills to get really powerful. Even punching doesn't really pull ahead until you combine it with smithing.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    So far (for me I haven't completed it yet) the Stormcloak supporting side seems more naziesque what with the wanting Skyrim to be pure and only have Nords living there with no immigrants.
  • edited 2011-11-20 20:03:48
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^There are racists among the Stormcloaks, yes, but you have to realize that the Empire basically works for the Thalmor, who (among many, many other problems) actually practice eugenics.

And the Empire working for the Thalmor is the direct cause for the rebellion.
  • si. apparently my High Elf bow user has reached a point of notoriety and heroism among the empire and nords that the Thalmor have marked me for death. The fucking eugenics using bastards. I';m twice the elf they are.
    I love it when the Thalmor try to kill me. It's far more convenient than when I have to go to them.
  • edited 2011-11-20 22:45:34
    I found out I was marked for death when a thalmor hit squad attacked me and I found a note about it. I'm not even sure what I did to them. My hiogh elf hasnt even ran into High elves before outside calling one in solitude a bitch.

Maybe its cuz of my Amulet of Talos?
    That could be it...they've never come for me before I infiltrated the embassy.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    So far (for me I haven't completed it yet) the Stormcloak supporting
    side seems more naziesque what with the wanting Skyrim to be pure and
    only have Nords living there with no immigrants.

Actually, I find this kind of a distasteful move on Bethesda's part, given how the Nazis idolised and identified with the historical Nordic peoples. I was kind of crossing my fingers that this wouldn't be the case, knowing that the game dealt with imperialism, rebellion and heritage, but nyeh. I just hope no-one at Bethesda was thinking themselves especially clever for the parallel.
    ^Pretty much every land in Tamriel seems to be a bit racist, from my experience with the series.
  • character 2 idea found. Wood Elf sword and board user named Link.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Can you not help the empire without helping the Thalmor?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Tamriel goes from a little racist, like Third Era Cyrodiil, to horribly racist, like Third Era Morrowind. (Whee, slavery and anti-non Dunmer attitudes!)
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    that feel when you spend fifteen minutes fighting a dragon, kill it, forget to save, and get ganked by a random frost troll out of nowhere
  • edited 2011-11-21 10:03:04
    @Ian: Honestly, I think doing anything to help either the Empire or the Stormcloaks technically works against the Thalmor's goals. After all, either way you're propping up the enemies of the "True high elves"

Buncha assholes, makes me sick to think I'm the same race as those dunderheaded monsters. Pity their death squads are no match for me and lydia. Its almost cute really, the ones I killed had a light variant of elven armor. Me, I had eniough smithing skill to have the real stuff.
    Honestly, I think doing anything to help either the Empire or the Stormcloaks technically works against the Thalmor's goals. After all, either way you're propping up the enemies of the "True high elves"
    Nope. If you read their dossier on Ulfric Stormcloak, it reveals that [they actually held him prisoner during the earlier war and brainwashed him to hate the Empire, but weren't expecting him to go that far and now they're hoping he loses.]

The Empire is their puppet, so they like having it around.
  • Hum. Maybe they just dont like meddling non-thalmor high elves helping the local nords and imperials not die.
  • edited 2011-11-21 19:51:06
    ack, doublepost
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I keep wandering into random dungeons, slaughtering my way through without much problem, then getting owned by the boss at the end. :l
    Endbosses can be really hard. Especially named Dragon Priests, the eight with the masks.

What kinda build do you have?
    It's probably kind of terrible, since I've kind of been just doing whatever.

Kind of an assassin/caster/archer kind of thing. I'd probably have more luck if I could bring myself to focus a bit more.
    Screwing around is fine, but generally, caster and archer are going to be redundant.
  • edited 2011-11-21 20:01:29
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The caster is more for healing/Oakflesh/etcetera than lightning.
    Ah, okay, that kind of caster.

Have you looked into smithing? It's kind of the god skill. Enchanting too, but that's much harder to grind.
    Not much, yet.
    It's the easiest skill in the game to grind, and the only way to get the best gear.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^From what I've seen there is no way to mine for ore, so how do you get the metal for smithing?