If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• I did it for the money you occasionally get.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I haven't married anyone yet. I'm still trying to do Winterhold quests without getting too distracted.

I can't play until Sunday, though.

Stupid vacation.
  • @INUH: Yeah - it's not that one of your distant ancestors screwed a giant lizard (no Argonian yo' mama jokes, please), it's just that you've developed an ability that is rare in most species but universal in dragons.

As for me, Caradryel is a good, solid citizen of the Empire so far. Mostly because high elves really need
    to be good, solid citizens of the Empire in order to avoid being
    lynched by anti-Thalmor extremists, and the local resistance appear to
    be a bunch of racist dicks who apparently want to destabilise an
    already-crippled Empire even further, likely giving the Dominion an
    excuse to do something really horrible to us in the name of 'preserving order'.

If
    the empire falls, we stop being useful. And the Thalmor do not appear
    to have much patience for the useless... not that it's going to stop a
    few justicars having giant spiky purple ethereal blades inserted into
    places where one would not normally welcome the presence of giant spiky
    purple ethereal blades.
  • edited 2011-11-25 13:46:38
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I try to keep a good face, so I don't have a bounty anywhere.

Meanwhile, I'm running around, breaking into places and stealing everything that isn't nailed down as soon as they turn their backs.

Sneaky dunmer assassin for the win.

It's kinda funny, too. I almost never play stealth stuff. But I've been having so much fun with it in this game.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    One of my files has a bounty over 20000 in Solitude.

My journal-keeping file has a bounty of 3000 in Markarth. But that's from [the quest where you get framed for murder.]
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    . . . Does it surprise anyone that my first actions in Whiterun were to sneak in and start a killing spree with my bosmer archer?

Luckily, I have a save from before I sniped someone.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    WHEN GOOD MODS GO BAD.
  • edited 2011-11-26 20:26:45
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Unlike Oblivion, this one sets the mood just right so that I actually feel bad for killing people.

I'm gonna go back to playing normally once I get killed; I want to see how far I can go playing like this.

EDIT: Yup. Dead. Killed by Sigrid's husband, whatever his name was.
    My mom just read the New York Times review of Skyrim. 

And now she wants to play it.
    hey

hey bethesda

you got your steampunk in my viking dragonslayer sim

y u cross the streams
    >implying steampunk is new to TES
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Yeah, that was kinda important to the plots of Daggerfall and Morrowind. :P
    Which I have not played :V
    Fair enough :P

Seriously, though, the Dwemer are were awesome.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Hmm. I wonder if it's were or are. The Falmer are still alive, and there was at least one Dwemer still around at the time of Morrowind, so...
    Well, as I understand it, if they survived, they're no longer on Nirn. Though survivors (or people who overslept that morning and missed the commute) could still be around.

Hmmm...I wonder if [those inscription boxes could hold a mind]?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    For the 6th Elder Scrolls game you should be able to play as Dwemer and there should be an additional skill for technology.
    /wishfulthinkingalongthelinesofArcanum:OfSteamworksandMagickObscura
  • A public service announcement: Dragon Priests are badass.

However, Caradryel is more badass, which is why Krosis just got used to give a sword a fire enchantment and then thrown in the trash along with the other used soul gems.
  • edited 2011-11-27 15:54:11
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Don't throw away the masks...
  • Oh, that I kept.
    Oh, I thought that was what you meant.

I need to pay more attention :P
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Seeing as how I'm on swim team and don't get back home until fucking 5:30-6:00 now because we have to use a new pool, I don't think I'm gonna be able to play this for more than an hour on a regular basis. And I didn't get to play today.
    Ah, that sucks...
    My guy just accidentally contracted vampirism.

become a vampire, y/n
    I haven't tried it. Haven't ever caught the disease, in fact.

How much do you like fast traveling? Because 50% of the time, that'll put you outside in the sun.
  • I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool
    The thing about vampirism, there's not really anything to do with it.

Morrowind at least gave you the different vampire houses but Oblivion, without the DLC, gave you a really annoying quest to get rid of vampirism.

Skyrim is less annoying about this but I think the vampirism cure is temporary.

At any rate, I'd say that being a werewolf is much more useful. I don't know what the resting cure is, but getting 100 percent disease resistenec AND werewolf mode as a backup is pretty good.

My feeling thus far is that the atmosphere of Skyrim is top notch, just the quests and the questlines are very limited. I was hoping the Bard's College would be more interesting, but it was basically, "go to x, kill y, and get z" type quests.
    Honestly, I don't like being a werewolf much. Disease resistance is really all it's offering any of my characters.
    I'm an ork berzerker type character, so I think it fits into how I already play the game. Too be honest, I rarely use it since most of the time you're fighting in doors and it seems best for outdoors combat.

my only complaints is how Skyrim seems to do level scaling, I can go from killing everything in one hit in one room to dieing in the other to more basic enemies.

As boring as Oblivion was scaling wise, and how badly you could screw yourself leveling wise in it, it doesn't seem quite as inconsistent as this.

If you use melee a lot, werewolfing makes you weaker.

I haven't had much trouble with any enemy on regular difficulty except for Morokei.
    Werewolfing is good for the run+ grab attack.

But if you spam the roar attack, which causes people to flee, it becomes a lot easier. I'm fairly sure the intent wasn't to use it go lock opponents, but its the greatest thing about werewolves.