If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Skyrim

Comments

• ^^ Yeah you better apologize!

I'm sooooo offended. 8< asdfghjkl XDDDDD

Anyway I was just trying to do the Saarthal quest and it fucked out on me because Tolfdir left the ruin and decided to teleport halfway across the map.

And wtf spell check doesn't recognize "teleport". It's totally a word screw you spell check.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Anyway I was just trying to do the Saarthal quest and it fucked out on me because Tolfdir left the ruin and decided to teleport halfway across the map.

I still have to find him. I went down to that place, but necromancers attacked me and nobody was there.

• Ah, Saarthal. You gave me the final piece of the Gauldur amulet. For that, I am grateful.

• No rainbow star

:< The Bandit is stuck at level 1. There isn't even a console command to make him level up

But I like how he talks :D

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You can up his stats anyway.

• Also Brynjolf won't go to Irkngthand for the Blindsighted quest so I guess my Thieves Guild line is screwed too.

Miiiight just reload from my pre-Oghma Infinium save. Give me a chance to reassign my perks and stuff.

• No rainbow star

^^ How?

.setav health 150

.setav onehanded 40

etcetera, etcetera.

• No rainbow star

UESP seemed to word that as affecting the player only =/

Not if you click on the person you want it to affect. I've raised Lydia's Health to 400 using it.

• edited 2012-02-05 13:18:05
    No rainbow star
    :3 Then yay my Bandit will be able to stick with me through thick and thin :3

I wish I could rename him though >.<

Oh, when the CK comes out, I plan to make a Hawk/Eagle humanoid beast race. So far I know that it will start out with +10 to archery, be able to jump twice as high (stupid to expect a humanoid to fly though), and be immune/highly resistant to fall damage. Any other suggestions (such as for a power)?

Give him a bonus to Light Armour but a penalty to Heavy Armour.

• Give them -14 to every skill so they can have a higher level cap! :D

• I dunno if it's just me, but faction quests seem a lot shorter in Skyrim than in previous games.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, they're maybe a quarter of the length of Oblivion's which were already pretty short.
  • Morrowind faction quests felt really much more involved in my opinion. Also, you also had to have a number of their specialty skills at a certain level to advance in rank, whereas in Oblivion/Skyrim a fighter character could sweep through all but perhaps the Thieves Guild quests.

It really felt like an accomplishment to become faction head in Morrowind, but in Skyrim especially it feels sorta like you're really green off the street and sweeping through a lot of tasks that more suitable candidates might have been able to do if they'd actually gone and done them.

• Yeah they're ridiculous. The only one that feels like it has anything approaching real length (that I've done, so discount Wolf Queen (if that's a storyline and not just a quest), Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood) was the College, and even that was ridiculous. Hell, in the companions you join the Circle after only three missions! Granted, in the last of those you have adequate reason to (you know their secret, after all) but still.

On another note, Soljund's Sinkhole is bullshit. Boss-level Draugr backed up by two pillars that shoot fire at you (one of them) and heal him periodically (second one). Can't take a follower either, as you have to jump down a large hole in the process of getting to that place. I just left because seriously, fuck you, I can take a Draugr Wight Lord at level 12 but not if he's being healed every 10 fucking seconds and disarming me every 12. Fuck off.

• I've...never been to Soljund's Sinkhole. Now I'm really curious though. I just might check it out.

Also on another note, what happened to the armor. It got really ugly from Morrowind to Oblivion, slightly prettier from Oblivion to Skyrim, but still not nearly as nice looking as it was in Morrowind.

I miss my pretty glass armor.

• edited 2012-02-06 02:54:36

Having not played Morrowind, I can happily say I'm totally fine with the armour in Skyrim. Especially when rocking Dragonbone Armour.

Because I'm wearing the bones and skin of some of the mightiest beasts in history that I personally slew enough times to make armour out of them.

I greatly prefer the new Legion Armour, especially Heavy Armour. Dragons on everything, yo.

• I love the "Put double enchants on an item" perk in the Enchantment tree. I made a ring and necklace that have Fire and Frost resist, which seems to make me completely invincible to dragons of "Ancient" status or below.

Enchanting was my first "100" level skill on this character, mainly because ever since I got the Paralyze enchant, I've been buying up soul gems and enchanting trash weapons to sell for minimal loss/possible profit, depending.

• edited 2012-02-06 14:31:01
    No rainbow star

Apparently you can cast up to two classes of magic completely for free by using enchanting

Ok, so I have the layout for the eagle people:

+10 Archery
    +10 Light Armour

+5 One Handed (I could see a fighting style based on swooping down)
    +5 Alteration (To help boost their ability to fly by making themselves lighter)
    +5 Sneak (Stalking prey from the sky)
    +5 Alchemy (Poisons for arrows)
    -5 Heavy Armour

Abilities:

-Double Jump height + can fall twice as far before getting damage or dying, and takes half damage from falls
    -Still not sure for racial ability... Perhaps something speed based? Ideas?

EDIT: Where the fuck did the formatting go?

I present my case for why I should keep Lydia.

The hi-res texture pack for PCs is out. It appears to be 9-10 gigabytes. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Considering making Sunder and Wraithguard in the Creation Kit to go with Keening. Because who doesn't like legendary stuff?

• No rainbow star
    Oh, how about something like a single word Elemental Fury for the eagle race as a power, but with it extending to bows?
  • ^^^ Is it an official pack or fan-made?

Either way, I'm gonna be all over that. As soon as I figure how to uninstall the current graphics mod I have. And SkyUI updates so containers have categories again.

Seriously, why the fuck did they not have categories in the first place?

It's official. It's on Steam as a free DLC.

• No rainbow star

Valve made a mod for Skyrim

It adds the Space Core

Hells yeah!

• What seriously?

Link?