If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking Forzare is a mox

Comments

• Champion of the Whales
    I need to get back in the magic game after spanking Cloud.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

I'm trying to work out a workable combo of Isochron Scepter + Dark Ritual. Wondering what sorts of support cards would be good.

• You can change. You can.

Thing about that is that you kinda lose the advantage you had out of casting the original Ritual.

With that said, you probably want some way of reflecting the mana or keeping it on the pool. Depends on whether you're willing to splice green in, I guess.

• edited 2012-01-09 20:18:18
    Has friends besides tanks now

>Everest
    >not willing to splash green

Is it bad that I want to run an elf deck based around this combo now?

Also, the idea is that I create some sort of loop with artifact abuse and get infinite mana while leaving the deck open to other combos that somehow contribute. I don't know enough cards to figure it out myself, but I feel like it's a boss idea.

yeah, i forgot who i was talking to there for a second. :p

Voltaic Key would probably be helpful as you can simply untap the artifact and be done with it. Or Mind over Matter.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Voltaic Key I had in mind, since it seemed obvious, but I don't remember Mind over Matter. I'll look it up.

Oh, and Mycosynth Lattices too, of course.

And probably some Darksteel Colossi.

• The only thing I can think of is something to turn the scepter into an artifact creature, plus Voltaic Construct. That'd be convoluted, to say the least.

Not really, no.

Just get Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, turn the Scepter into a creature, let him die (In fact, he often is a good bait) and then either find a way of making it indestructible (Darksteel Plate) or just use hexproof (Which is probably better unless your opponent has a Wrath fetish...like moi)

• Eh, I said convoluted, not vulnerable.

I would say that 3 cards with an optional 4 is not convulted. Hell, combo decks are often built on more difficult concepts.

• edited 2012-01-10 00:08:04

3 cards is not bad when the cards serve a function in themselves or when the combo isn't complete (and 4 is pushing it). Tezzeret is perfect, but unless you're doing something fancy with artifact creatures in your deck, Voltaic Construct is useless, and Isochron Scepter and Dark Ritual only work without disrupting the combo together as a bad talisman/signet or when extras are to be drawn.

That, and you still need something to do with all that mana.

• Isochron Scepte's ability has an activation cost. I thought of a better objection: the combo doesn't work.

It still does. It just costs one more mana than the initial cost of Dark Ritual, so instead of getting 2 more mana, you only get one more mana.

So it's basically a more complicated and black Sol Ring. 

• edited 2012-01-10 08:56:15

Voltaic Construct's ability has a casting cost of 2, too.

I guess Thran Dynamo or Gilded Lotus were better choices, anyway.

Edit: Oh, it works with Cabal Ritual (and threshold).

• But you never had any to begin with.

Voltaic Key, Prototype Portal, Lotus Bloom?

Let's not be horrible human beings here.

• Horrible Human beings?

You mean, basically like Zudak right?

Zudak doesn't use Lotus Bloom! D:

• He only used Planer Portal with Sol Ring
    So I guess that's "better"

It's Prototype portal, not planar portal. Planar portal costs 6 to cast and 6 to activate it's just a permanent tutor.

And well, I don't see anything wrong with that. It's a new trick and you can just destroy the portal if mana ramp really bothers you.

• But you never had any to begin with.

It's a new trick and you can just destroy the portal if mana ramp really bothers you.

And then the mana ramp is used to bring in a Darksteel Forge. :P

• edited 2012-01-14 09:19:25
    You can change. You can.

destroy the rings, then? Akroma's Vengeance? Fracturing Gust? Purify? Serenity? 

And if he manages to summon it, Return to Dust, baby~

So Dark Ascension's out.

All of my EDH decks are suddenly find themselves in the rather increasing need of some tweaks

• Has anyone here tried Wagic: the Homebrew? I just found out about it and, while it has a lot of glaring issues (the interface and apparent lack of mulligan, mostly), a customizable MtG with collecting, campaigns and stuff is something I've wanted to exist for some time (the Microprose game can only do so much).

Seems legit. How do i download

• edited 2012-02-05 17:27:29

At the top where it says "Wagic".

Also, to get images, download them from here (there are more in the forums, in other languages and stuff), and put them on [directory]/res/Sets/[set code]/[filename].zip (for example, C:Wagic/Wagic0171/Res/Sets/SHM/SHM.zip). For some reasons there are no (easy to find, at least) instructions for this.

Edit: Duh, link.

Edit edit: Nevermind.

Edit edit edit: Oh wait, you can mulligan by pressing escape before doing anything. Isn't it nice to find things out by accident?

i still don't understand it or have managed to set it up.

Anyone feel like giving me some EDH deckbuilding advice for an oreo deck?

• I made an RG Beats using a bunch of common stuff from early core sets and Shadowmoor (which was my first unlocked set), steamrolled everything until unlocking difficulty settings (your opponent starts with one, two or three lands on higher difficulties), then not-steamrolled things for a bit until unlocking Shards of Alara, then back to steamrolling with Zoo. Except against white wheenies, these are quite hard.

Anyhow, there's also Forge, which uses an interface more like MtGO's, and allows for drafting and sealed decks against the computer, and a Quest mode which is more like playing a Limited tourney except you get a booster and get to buy and sell your stuff each round. There's also Magarena, though I haven't tried it.

i still don't understand it or have managed to set it up.

It was straightforward for me. Does it throw an error or something?

Anyone feel like giving me some EDH deckbuilding advice for an oreo deck?

Who's your commander?

Teysa, Orzhov Scion. I just finished it, but the playtesting so far is making it suck

• Hmmm, I'm not sure how it'd work out but I'd try Battle Screech, Movilization, Kitchen Finks, Braids, Cabal Minion, Fleshbag Marauder, Shriekmaw, Oversold Cemetery, maybe Grave Pact if the triple black doesn't turn out to be a problem, and those thousands of things that put spirit tokens in Innistrad/Dark Ascension.