If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking Forzare is a mox

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Anyway, would anyone be ready for a game of Archenemy tomorrow or something?

And if you're gonna do it, I recommend you build a scheme deck. 
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I probably won't be available tomorrow.
    grrrr. no sleep for me, apparently. 

Anyway, there's that or we could try Planechase. Either would be really fun, really. Although we can do it any other day, if you and other three fellas are ready.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    CYGAN! LEMME ADD YOU TO MY BUDDY LIST

what

do i have to press buttons to do this

'coz if so, no
    just log in
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    That would require me to click a button though
  • edited 2011-12-19 23:37:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Button clicking is hard, hard work.  Be sensitive, Juan.

Anyway, I'd be trying to play more, but I'm stuck on my sister's crappy netbook and I'm lazy and I haven't installed Cockatrice on it yet.
    I thought we were bros, Cygan.

Sisses (Is that even a word) click buttons for their bros, yannow
    but i already did
    oh. Sorry, didn't see you.

Can you do it again, please?
    But you're already on my buddy list :<
    but you're not in mine :<

oh whatever. Next time we play, I'll add ya. But now, i'll sleep the sleep of the gods.
    So, I just made a couple of new decks, any takers?
    Anyone wanna come at mah Elf Horde deck? >:D
    Sure, I've got a couple of abominations to show you. Inspired by you, even. 

Only one game, though. Just came from a massive EDH game and it only ended up with a Worldslayer. 

tears were shed.
    Can you wrangle up some other players, then? As many as possible; this deck can become fairly brutal, I think.
    Ah, well, I'll see what I can manage.
    Horde was fun. I really like the format. It's a shame that I don't get to play it as often as I could.
  • edited 2012-01-04 13:24:51
    Has friends besides tanks now
    It has the same flaw (well, it's a flaw, in my opinion) as EDH: it's a total crapshoot.

One game: Five elf warriors + Elvish Promenade + Door of Destinies = get wrecked.

Next game: Elf warrior, Beastmaster Ascension. Next turn, Coat of Arms.

It was pretty fun, but a little irritating at the same time.
    It has the same flaw (well, it's a flaw, in my opinion) as EDH: it's a total crapshoot.

Maybe you and me play different formats, but I can't see how EDH is a crapshoot in a different way than Casual is. 

Granted, you can't make, say, 4 instances of a card and thus raising the odds of you drawing said card, but you can, most likely, use 4 (And even more, if you find them, although it's unlikely) functional reprints of a card, if you really really really need said function to be drawn constantly.

There's also tutoring, which is kind of an essential of any deck, as well as drawing cards in order to gain card advantage and so on. 
    You can use reprints in EDH?
  • I think he meant cards that do more or less the same thing, such as Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Ensnaring Bridge, etc.
    Oh.

Blegh. Not my thing.
  • edited 2012-01-04 13:57:31
    You can change. You can.
    Exactly. Kind of the point is looking for different ways of doing the same thing. Instead of packing 4 Demonic Tutors, you need to pack Demonic Collusion, Diabolic Tutor and so on as well. And there's also looking for ways of doing the same thing from the graveyard, like using Genesis, Eternal Witness, Regrowth and so on. 

^--shrug-- I'm not trying to get you into it. I'm just saying that it's not a crapshoot.
    Looking for all those different ways to do the same thing doesn't sound fun, though. And I kinda hate tutoring, or at least the thought of doing it myself.

I hadn't thought of it from the angle of replicating effects because I feel like that goes against the spirit of the format.
    Looking for all those different ways to do the same thing doesn't sound fun, though. And I kinda hate tutoring, or at least the thought of doing it myself.

Tutoring was an offhand example.

And I dunno, to me, looking for different cards, and weighing their effects and seeing if the benefit and costs are worthwhile is fun and rather relaxing. Hell, I seem to prefer deckbuilding to playing at times, depending on my mood. 

I hadn't thought of it from the angle of replicating effects because I feel like that goes against the spirit of the format.

Most of the spirit of the format is to encourage creative deckbuilding and searching for new interesting combos and cards. It's pretty much a Johnny format, really.
    This happened (Before you ask, Zudak and me noticed the Priviledged Position after the match ended, so...yeah)

I feel bad about it, as I can't help but be curious whether I'd win or not, considering that.

• edited 2012-01-04 18:49:00
    smote
    With Umbra Mystic and Nomad Mythmaker, probably--you would've been able to block Omnath every turn.
    well, yeah. And I already had Spirit Mantle and Inviolability in there, so basically, I could always block Omnath without the creatures and auras dying, but he still could have gotten something with trample (Or Overwhelming Stampede) and just finish the job.
    Best feel in the world: Entwining and copying a Tooth and Nail

Worst feel in the world: Having someone destroy fifteen of your lands

Second worst feel in the world: Draw Spell Crumple, which probably would have saved your life.