If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking Forzare is a mox

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Okay.
  • You can change. You can.
    So, fought Zudak with my new abomination of an Izzet deck. at first, i thought it'd never work because i needed just the right amount of lands.

until inspiration stroke and i realized i just needed the right amount of mana

splicing two gauntlets of power made me feel like a mighty god who smited down everything in front of him

till primordial hydra appeared
  • edited 2011-12-11 06:42:10
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Working on a "competitive" elf deck. Not sure if I should toss in some Emrakul/Kozilek or not. Might be hilarious in a morbid way.
    Took a hint from Zudakka, eh?
  • edited 2011-12-11 09:09:00
    From Gelzo, actually; as fast as the other decks I have are, they aren't up to snuff.

And the one I currently have (that doesn't incorporate Emrakul . . . yet) can win on turn 2. The method by which it does so is incredibly convoluted and will almost certainly never happen, but it's possible. And it still might not be up to snuff; I found a few elf decks online, but I'm not sure if any of them are definitive netdecks.
    Have you considered Elvish Piper?

Also, up for a game?
  • edited 2011-12-11 09:27:57
    I dunno; the 4 mana cost is kinda steep by this new deck's standard, especially for a tap effect.

Maybe Seeker of Skybreak, though. Maaaaybe. If I have room for it. Or Summoner's Pact.

But I'll play a game with the deck as-is.

Actually, beforehand, I'm gonna take a shower, so if you're back by then, I'm still up for it.
    kk, i'll log on. Send me a message on cockatrice if you see me. 
  • edited 2011-12-11 11:48:25
    >summon a bunch of fatties with trample in one move
    >none of them have flying
    >lose anyway

Good game, Juan.
    I still love myself for surviving that and winning.
  • edited 2011-12-11 20:09:53
    So, new Elfdrazi deck in the works. Anyone have any comments?

----

Enchantments (7):

Lands (20):
    12x Forest

Sorceries (7):

CMCs:

1: 24
    2: 4
    3: 3
    4: 6
    15: 3

----

EDIT: Ooh, I like the look of Ambush Commander. Maybe Coat of Arms would be a good investment, too.
    normally, my recommendation is to use tapped out, so you don't have to link everything. And you can link it to your FB account without it showing on your FB, so you'll never be called a dork. :p

anyway, I always thought it was weird that you used Concordant Crossroads when you can use the Llanowar Elves to Fervor instead for just two more mana. It's a good price to pay so you don't end up with your opponent's creature murdering your face.
  • edited 2011-12-11 20:20:10
    The cheaper cost is very much preferable, I don't want to splash red/cards that enable red, I'd ideally have more than a few elves out when I play Crossroads (and could thus leave some blockers), and any creatures that are gonna be smashing my face that soon probably would have been smashing my face that soon without my help (or at least, the Elemental decks I've come up against haven't benefited a whole lot from Concordant Crossroads, and I've uniformly done the worst against those).

I'll look up Tapped Out. That sounds really convenient.
    Maybe I'm forgetful, but I thought I managed to hit you with the sphinxes because of the Crossroads. 

I'm just saying because, well, it's not like you're running low mana, you know? Paying three and considering that you have at least 4 cards that give you whichever mana you desire (And it's not like you even need those 4 cards out. You'd only need one, as Fervor only has one {r} mana symbol. the rest can be paid in green)

but I'm not gonna help you in your quest to murder me inconvenience you much about it. 

Also, I'd say that if you're gonna play Eldrazi, you should try to splice it up a bit and have either Ulamog or Kozilek in there as well as Emrakul. Personally, I like Kozilek because of the card advantage and because of the shuffling back to graveyard ability. But Ulamog's "Vindicate" is pretty much one of the most useful things out there. 
  • edited 2011-12-11 20:34:19
    Are you talking about today's match?

I considered Kozilek as well, but I figure, if I get Emrakul out in a manner befitting elves, it's basically "good game" anyway.

EDIT: Swapped the Rhyses for Ambush Commanders because I can't think of what else to get rid of. Might add the Rhyses back in. Might.
    Yeah, I think so. Or am I misremembering? I mean, I know I won because they flew, too.

Personally, I'd try to have both Rhys and the Commander, considering the fact that you kinda will need lan...oh wait, i just realized how nasty the Comander would be with the Archdruid.

And Coat of Arms (And Door of Destinies, for that matter) are basic tribal building, yeah. 

• edited 2011-12-11 20:41:14
    Keep in mind that I had five or six guys with 6/6+ and most with trample, so if they had had haste, the game would have ended right there. So the Crossroads didn't particularly work for you in that game, for what it's worth, I think.

Yeah, I added the Rhyses back in, as well as some Coats of Arms (which I hadn't really prioritized before). I reduced Parallel Lives to 2, as well. I couldn't fit Kozilek in very well. I'll have it out on Tapped Out in a sec. 
    oh yeah, of course, silly me. but i do remember one game where i was thinking "Thank God Everest gave me haste" or something. Can't remember which one. 

kk. I should probably start modifying the decks I have uploaded, now that i think about it.
    Hey, I stumbled onto something hilarious I wanna try. Up for a quick game?
  • edited 2011-12-11 20:50:32
    Oh, I'm sure it's happened a few times. And there was that one time I played Doubling Season, forgetting that you were using Eldrazi Spawn.

EDIT: Sure.
  • edited 2011-12-12 07:34:07
    The thing about Ambush Commander is that you're asking to have your lands destroyed by mass removal. On that note you might want to run Living Wish to get it only when mass removal isn't a problem (or Caller of the Claw if it is), or the fourth Emrakul/Kozilek/Wirewood Symbiote/land.

Also, Wirewood Symbiote benefits you particularly well with Glimpse of Nature and Concordant Crossroads.

Also, Tooth and Nail.
    The thing about Ambush Commander is that you're asking to have your lands destroyed by mass removal

This would be bad if elves didn't produce massive quantities of mana on their own.
  • edited 2011-12-12 07:40:54
    Umm, I said mass removal. Your elves would die, too.
    if you can't quickly recover from mass removal with elves, which are cheap creatures, then there's something wrong with that deck.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^^ If you leave two mana, Ambush Commander can sac himself and end that effect, keeping the lands safe.
    you should try cards with Convoke in that deck, now that I think about it. You basically use them for mana in the first turn, use the scout card (Which I just noticed you removed, even though it's amazing) to untap all other creatures you control and then use those creatures to summon shit in the second main phase.
  • edited 2011-12-12 12:10:49
    I only used the Scout in the green/red burn variant because I could attack with a bunch of elves, untap, and then tap Priests/Archdruids again for fuel for Banefire/Fireball. Or so was the plan. But I don't think I have room for it in the current deck. Especially since Living Wish and Tooth and Nail are definitely some things to consider. And maybe a Font of Mythos or two. It needs more drawing power, and fast (I already added some Harmonizes).

Maybe Wirewood Symboite; it's not an Elf, so it doesn't contribute to many of the deck's effects, but its effect should be a bit less crippling than Quirion Ranger's ability to return lands, at the right point in the game.

Oh, and now that I'm running at least one Eldrazi, Elvish Piper should definitely be in there somewhere.

I didn't see any cards with Convoke that would really benefit me in this deck
  • edited 2011-12-12 18:55:11
    Anyone around and up for a game?
  • I'm up for it, if you're still around.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Stupid IRC, not letting me just copy-paste this there

anyway, here it is juan

1 Sliver Overlord
    1 Golgari Rot Farm
    1 Exotic Orchard
    1 Plains
    1 Copperline Gorge
    1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    1 Vivid Marsh
    1 Vivid Meadow
    1 Mutavault