If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking Forzare is a mox

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    For those who played against me today: did an avatar show up for me when we played?
  • You can change. You can.
    Nope, still green person with a yellow head.
  • I didn't see any avatar from anybody.
  • edited 2011-12-03 22:18:25
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Got my elves sorted out by ability. Now to see which ones enter the first draft of the new deck.

EDIT: 68 cards. Gonna see if I can get it down to 60. Then I'd like to do a test run.
    Anyone mind helping me test my new Elf deck? And my avatar, while I'm at it?
  • edited 2011-12-04 02:00:09
    Stayed up a couple hours later than expected playing Counterclock. My Elf deck(s) are better now, though; notably, I was able to turn the tide and just about win in the space of a turn despite her having 75 life at that point.
  • @King of rats

That was awesome. I wish it was real.
  • edited 2011-12-04 13:31:53
    Anyone around that wants to play? I think I'm addicted. Or at least, I want to test more elf shenanigans (more tokens, mostly).
  • Careful with those elf urges. Addiction can be a powerful thing.

Sure, I'll make a room.
    I think I'm addicted.

dat feel

how i know it
  • edited 2011-12-05 20:54:31
    Anyone up for a few games?

Ooh, and good news! I have a bit of an idea for an EDH deck. It's just a matter of finding cards besides the general and finding a way to make the central strategy work.
    Ooh, and good news! I have a bit of an idea for an EDH deck. It's just a matter of finding cards besides the general and finding a way to make the central strategy work.

that's the core of all EDH building (And I'd argue that it's also the core of most deckbuilding, really. :p)
  • edited 2011-12-06 15:11:29
    But you never had any to begin with.
    My second most hilarious win today.

(Other opponent? Conceded from sheer fright.)

How the hell is Jin-Gitaxias not banned as an EDH general?
    He costs way too much and honestly, if you really want a general gone, all you have to do is pull of an Spin Into Myth, for example.
  • edited 2011-12-07 19:47:04
    Isn't the point of EDH that Generals' effects occur even if they're not played? That means your opponents have one turn to act before being hit with near-unassailable card disadvantage. I wouldn't ever send him out; I wouldn't have to, really.

He's highly impractical in a normal game, but an effect like that is devastating on a General.
    um no? A general has to be summoned into the battlefield. The idea of a general is that it's a card that is in the command zone if it dies or if it's exiled, which means that you can always cast as if it were in your hand (Although I don't think it counts as a hardcast, sadly, so, for example the Myojin cards from Kamigawa would be practically useless as generals, for example)

so, yeah, a person playing Jin-Gitaxias as a general would have to work really hard to get him out, as Jin's colour identity does not allow for (green, at least) mana ramp. Although I guess there's stuff like Phyrexian Metamorph and Gilded Lotus to get him out quicker, if you do it right, of course.
    Well, there goes all my interest in that format.
    For what it's worth, Vanguard is the format you were thinking of. And it doesn't have Commander's no repeats rule.
    Isn't that the one that has the silly-looking oversized cards? Do people just use Legendary Creatures in place of those in this format?

If so, I'm amazed that this isn't the format that's played more often, because it sounds way better.
    Isn't that the one that has the silly-looking oversized cards? Do people just use Legendary Creatures in place of those in this format?

Vanguard's card effects are different from most legendary creatures. Mostly because they work more as Enchantments which you can't interact with. 

For example:

She has three different skills with different mana costs and discard requirements

She only has one skill which you can use whenever you want. Oh, and if you use her, you start with 21 life, rather than 20, I think.

If so, I'm amazed that this isn't the format that's played more often, because it sounds way better.

Well, the disadvantage is that you can't interact with the generals, which makes EDH interesting to me, at least. 

And it requires you buying cards from a different set, whereas you can use any legendary card you want from the ones you have to play EDH (Or even try to convince your friends to run a non-legendary card, if you want to play it that badly. I've got a friend who uses Genju of the Realm as a general and it's not even really a creature card)
    By the way, I want to test another deck (it's a slight variation on one of my previous elf decks). Up for it?
  • edited 2011-12-07 20:08:45
    You can change. You can.
    One last game one last game one last game don't accept more than one game juan don't accept more than one game juan

sure
    I love elves.
    bluh bluh elves

i'm so gonna make a deck that is like...completely anti elf. Probably involves land destruction or something.
    >implying land is the primary source of mana for any of my elf decks
    True

Blasphemous Act sounds useful for this kinda thing. I don't dare to try it for rather obvious reasons (It involves sacrficing my own creatures) but still...

hm, i wish there was a card like Stranglehold that made the enemy unable to produce tokens and counters. 
    That would be pretty nasty. Then it would be up to me to end the game before then. :P

I've now seen elemental aggro in action, and it's highly effective.