If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who Would Win General Discussion

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah. If Dracula doesn't dream, they can't even meet.
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:55:21
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Freddy is able to use fear to become powerful enough to manifest in the real world. He does it at the very end of the first film, even. 

which upon reflection makes it a question of home field advantage.
  • edited 2011-10-30 19:57:55
    Has friends besides tanks now
    . . . Dammit, I don't know what references I can make that people will respond to.

I was thinking Sanji (Arlong Park or Alabasta-era) vs. Shizuo Heiwajima, since the characters are so damn similar in appearance, but I'm not sure how many people will have a passing knowledge of both One Piece and Durarara!!
    Shizuo. Sanji, for all his badassness, is an ordinary human.
  • edited 2011-10-30 20:02:58
    Up to a certain point . . . I specified Arlong Park/Alabastalolnevermind because that's when I would feel okay calling him "human".

The power levels in One Piece have been pretty ridiculous for quite a while (for those who don't plan on reading the whole series, check out the last panel of the most recent chapter . . . or take your pick from between chapters 550-575-ish).
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Pinkie Pie v. a Great Old One.
  • edited 2011-10-30 20:01:28
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, I stopped reading not long after Arlong Park, so I can't comment on later.

^Um...what's the difference?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I dunno. Not much.

One is pink, I guess.
  • edited 2011-10-30 20:04:31
    Hm. I want to pit Hei of Darker Than Black against someone, since he has some pretty unusual fights, but I don't know who to pit him against that's similar, and, again, I don't know who else has seen Darker Than Black.
    ^I've seen it.

But I'm not sure who to pit him against.
  • edited 2011-10-30 20:16:38
    Mugen (Samurai Champloo), maybe? Mugen's fought weird enough opponents.

Wait . . . Mugen vs. Sanji?
    And...that series I'm not familiar with.
  • You know, one board I used to go to... Comic Book Rumbles, I recall a weird shift in opinion on Freddy Krueger.

At first, he was considered easily beaten by anybody with a modicum of willpower. After all, he went after teenagers, and even they were able to hold him off with a little self-confidence. Get somebody with serious courage, and it was believed Freddy would lose.

I came back after a year or so, and suddenly people were calling him a near-deity level threat, able to warp reality with his powers, and thus he was cleaning house on his vs. matches, needing people like Dr. Strange or Elminster to take him down.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The latter makes more sense to me, considering how ridiculously powerful he is in the films, what with pretty much nothing killing him and even eventually breaking out of his films into reality.
  • edited 2011-10-31 16:11:00
    $80+ per session
    Arkham Asylum/City Batman vs BTAS Batman vs Dark Knight Batman
  • You can change. You can.
    Bruce Wayne wins. 
  • The problem with Superman vs Goku is that both have wildly inconsistent powerlevels, and oftentimes, what is said they can do doesn't match up with what they really do.

And the issue with Hei is that he pretty much roflstomps anyone in his same power league (which depends on whether you consider human Hei or electric Hei. Weird particle control Hei is ommited), so it's hard to find him a good matchup that isn't terribly unbalanced for either side.
  • You can change. You can.
    No fair! You edited that shit!

Although it makes my post look funnier so...yay, i guess.
  • edited 2011-10-31 17:22:38
    No rainbow star
    Harry Potter vs Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Edward Cullen vs Dracula (the classic version that is a pain in the ass to kill, even with direct sunlight)

Werewolf vs Vampire

Batman vs Sherlock Holmes (solving a mystery is the contest here)

Mario (NES) vs Sonic (Genesis) - Brawl doesn't count as these are different versions of the characters in question from the Wii ones

Bowser vs Robotnik

And because I just thought of it:

Slenderman vs Link (Assume Link has the Master Sword, Triforce of Courage, and a full arsenal)
    Harry Potter, Dracula, Werewolf, Holmes, Sonic, Bowser if just Robotnik/Robotnik if he gets robots, Link.
  • edited 2011-10-31 17:49:14
    You can change. You can.
    >Holmes

but but but but but World's Greatest Detective in a world with mind readers and so on! D:

EDIT: Not like it matters, Ralph Dibny would beat them both.
  • Harry Potter vs Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Sabrina, magic in her world is faster, arguably more powerful, more versatile, and doesn't require a wand or anything of the sort.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Aragorn vs. Eragon

No mounts.

No magic weapons.

WILDERNESS OF ARNOR.
  • No rainbow star
    Aragorn by far. Unless Eragon is allowed the power of sue
  • Ayn Rand vs René Descartes
  • edited 2011-11-06 22:20:43
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Descartes. He doesn't depend on tautologies or poor logic until the very end. Rand uses them as her premises.
  • $80+ per session
    Every Pokemon vs Every Digimon
  • No rainbow star
    Pokemon, if only because Porygon Z would fuck. Their. Shit. Up. And failing that, Pokemon has several gods. Digimon... Well, they are digital monsters. I'm fairly certain an ancient god > a digital god
  • I'm going to say Digimon by sheer force of numbers.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ That's a silly reason though. It's like saying animals would win against, say, the monsters in Magic because of sheer number of species

Number doesn't matter if you're outmatched, especially if it's number of species (since that doesn't indicate number of individuals)

After all, what's stopping, say, some guy copying Porygon Z a couple billion times and rushing the Digimon?