If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who Would Win General Discussion

edited 2011-10-30 13:50:27 in Media
No rainbow star
So, I wanted to make a thread asking who would win: Jack Skellington or Slenderman. Then I thought, well, why not make a general thread so people can weigh in on other pairings (e.g. Superman vs Goku, Kirby vs Ditto, Zeus vs Cthulhu) So put your pairings here and see what other people have to say As for starting off this thread, well, I still want to know who would win: Jack Skellington vs Slenderman. Assume this is a normal fight in an arena about 50 m in diameter. There is a 10 meter high cylinder around it with a 50 m radius dome on top. The center top produces enough light for both combatants to see by comfortably (which may not be much light, if any...). The arena is indestructable and there is nothing either party can use as weapons, making this hand to hand combat Edit: And one for Madass: Link vs King Arthur. Assume the same conditions as above, except both have their signature sword (Link gets the Master Sword and Arthur gets Excalibur. Assume OoT Master Sword for Link)

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Well if it ever happened I'm pretty sure Jesus would be able to walk all over Aquaman.
  • ...Which version of Arthur?  I mean, there's so many different interpretations that which one was taking part would make all the difference between close fought battle and Link being curbstomped. >.>

Also, um... Superman vs the Powerpuff Girls.  The whole of Metropolis is their battlefield, and neither has access to any of their allies, nor are any of their enemies allowed to interfere.  Go.
  • The thing about matchups between fictional characters is that since they're fictional, it's crazy easy to just write that one defeated the other. See Squirrel Girl vs. Dr. Doom.

Even if the participants are real, there's different situations they could be put in that gives one the advantage, and on even ground it's possible one will win a few times and lose some other times.

But I guess there isn't a problem when you're just going for what seems more plausible to you.

Anyway, Superman beats Goku, Kirby beats Ditto, Cthulhu beats Zeus, Slenderman beats Jack, Link beats Arthur.
  • Pinkie Pie vs. The Pink Panther.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    vs. pinkos.
  • edited 2011-10-30 15:11:21
    No rainbow star
    ^^^ And why would they win in each of those cases?

D: I want an explanation (Well, not for Supes/Kirby/Cthulhu as those were just examples: There is a post that already breaks down Superman vs Goku in amazing detail, Kirby would just suck up Ditto before Ditto knew what the fuck was going on, and Cthulhu is an elder god...)

^^^^ Oh, I thought they were all relatively the same

Not sure which version to choose then since I wasn't aware of different versions ^^;
  • edited 2011-10-30 15:17:10
    Pony Sleuth
    Well, for Link vs. King Arthur, Link can take about a dozen lethal blows before going down. I don't know much about Arthurian legend, but I don't remember Arthur having an advantage such as that.

Though, I guess being chosen by god gives him the upper hand, but divine intervention is so BORING.
  • edited 2011-10-30 15:20:03
    No rainbow star
    ^ Link was chosen by the three goddesses of Hyrule, so they're kind of equal in that regards...

Also, wasn't Arthur's sheath a source of invulnerabilty? Link could buy himself time with Nayru's Love (assuming OoT) to let him get at that sheath...
  • What about the King Arthur from Fate/stay Night?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Ok, by different versions I thought they meant legends, not movie/game/book adaptations
  • Seriously.
  • Well, if it's the legendary King Arthur, then he wins by virtue of his scabbard making him, uh, invulnerable. >.>
  • edited 2011-10-30 15:26:18
    No rainbow star
    ^^ The version I read (purely an adaptation of the legend, not a book about something else that hapoens to have Arthur in it) mentioned that the sheath would make him invulnerable or something along those lines. However, he eventually abandoned it and that lead to his eventual downfall

That version had the Lady in the Lake

^ However, Link has fought invulnerable foes before and managed to remove the invulnerability. In this case all his has to do is get at the scabbard
  • Well, in several versions of the legend he had it stolen.  The one I hear most often was that Morgan stole it as part of her ever escalating series of actions to spite her half-brother, which eventually led to Arthur being killed by their son Mordred at the Battle of Camlann.
  • I think Link has some experience removing equipment from enemies that are otherwise invincible. He could just rip it off with the hookshot, right?
  • edited 2011-10-30 15:30:22
    No rainbow star
    ^^ That's an interesting version :D

^ Precisely. Link just has so many ways to get rid of the scabbard that it's a bit of a moot point
  • Yeah, but there's also the fact that Excalibur, in several of the legends, makes the weilder, uh, unbeatable in combat.  Sure Arthur died at Camlann (or at least was struck by a mortal wound and taken to Avalon to heal until Britain faced her darkest hour), but he still took down Mordred before he finally kicked it.
  • Well if it makes him unbeatable, then he's unbeatable and there's nothing more to say.
  • edited 2011-10-30 15:35:54
    No rainbow star
    ^^ I remember it being theorized that the Triforce of Courage (or the ability to carry it) gives Link his amazing sword skills (well, amazing in terms of canon) however. So I guess a question here is do Triforce powers trump Excalibur or no?

Maybe to simplify it neither should have any special equipment (Triforce included), no involvement from the deities, and both use a standard issue one handed sword
  • In that case, Arthur wins due to being a knight and having extensive combat training since birth.  Link, most often, is just some kid with no prior experience suddenly thrust into battle, and if the thing about the Triforce of Courage is true then he won't have anywhere near the level of skill Arthur would have.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Hmm. I did not think of that

Hang on. Going to check more on Link, the Triforce, and his swords to see exactly what does what
  • edited 2011-10-30 15:59:14
    No rainbow star
    Ok, it seems ambiguous (although Link in the first two games had no access to the Triforce of Courage until finishing trials in the second game, so he could arguably be skilled)

But yeah, looks like for all intents and purposes, Link having a chance at victory or being curbstomped comes down to whether or not the speculation over the Triforce of Courage is correct or not
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The legendary missing link between apes and humans...versus Missingno.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Missingno. by far. It's an eldritch abomination. If taken as canon and not just a glitch in the game's programming, then it is a tear in the fabric of time and space, a non entity that paradoxically exists. It's mere existence warps the area around it. The Missing Link would probably become a flower if it angered Missingno.!

It's only hope is if Missingno. had become the weakest Pokemon ever at that moment (I do recall that it had wildly chaging stats at times)

Charmander vs Agumon - Assume no mid battle evolution/digivolution
  • edited 2011-10-30 16:24:41
    Although I do prefer Pokemon... I have to give the fight to Agumon.  Charmander is just an animal, see.  It may show sparks of intelligence and understanding, but when it comes down to it its generally no smarter than a reasonably intelligent dog.

Agumon, however, shows human-level intelligence at all times, and thus would probably be able to figure out the best way to defeat Charmander before Charmander figured out how to beat Agumon.

Now, if it were any of Charmander's evolved states then yes, they would win, due to heightened intelligence and sheer raw power, but just a regular Charmander?  Agumon wins it.
  • You can change. You can.
    gaiz gaiz gaiz gaiz

this thread should be used to answer the ultimate question.

the one question that has kept geeks and nerds all around the world awake at night, wondering why are they awake, when they actually knew.

Spiderman v Batman.
  • Isn't the standard answer to any matchup involving Batman is that he always wins given sufficient time to prepare?
  • No rainbow star
    Spiderman vs Batman, with Batman lacking sufficient time prior :D
  • edited 2011-10-30 17:05:56
    If Bats doesn't have prep time, Spidey.  If Bats does have prep time, Bats. :P
  • No rainbow star
    Here's one: Batman from Batman Forever vs Spiderman

(Bonus points for also stating who would win in a battle of wit and talking)